• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently some of his people are talking about it. That's scary. As we see he could easily win again if we are not vigilant. I dont see Kamala Harris beating him. She wont convert one Trump supporter and most Republicans for obvious reasons.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Praying he passes away before then.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
He will be old af, and probably gonna spend the next 4 years dealing with criminal charges and other legal issues.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better hope the democratic party learns why they won and how to amplify that and stop trying to win over the right.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
nobody likes a loser. not even maga mouth breathers (whom i guess will never completely relinquish the notion of trump as their lord and savior... but like bush was to the gop/tea party folk circa 2010, he'll be a distant historical curio)

weirder things have happened (a president has served two non consecutive terms before) but a 2024 run is a reach, and that's not even factoring in his age

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna bet those Regeneron anti-bodies wear off and he catches COVID again. But doesn't survive.

Or he goes to jail.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I am sincerely banking he will be dead by then.

Thankfully his family is too incompetent to copy what he did.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully hes dead. But he would probably still run even if he was hooked up to machines keeping him alive

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Oh I'd bet we definitely see Trump run in 2024. But it won't be Donald. Hopefully he's in jail or dead. It'll be Jr or Ivanka. And neither one will GOP nominee. Neither one has their father's charisma or can read an audience as well. I hate Donald but he was able to tell when whatever bullshit he was spewing at his rallies wasn't working and move on to the next racist thing. Now he doesn't have to do that because his crowd loves everything he says.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
71 million people do not think he lost and will be itching for the chance again. Reminder there are now more Non-White people part of that 71 million.
Trump will tweet and still have rallies throughout the next 4 years.
He's not going away. Oh and I don't think he's serving time.

kaiush

Jan 22, 2018
Worse than Trump would be an actually skilled and charismatic candidate running on his platform. Trump isn't even good at what he was attempting to do and look at how much success he had. That group of Americans is primed for letting a Putin-like dictator roll into power.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Man, imagine how much worse for wear he will be if he did indeed run at that time. The last four years (Thank fuck it's almost over) aged him massively (But us all even more so), and he had those visits to Walter Reed last year and this year for separate things.

But if he does run I would expect him to win the RNC nomination, the cult will still be in full effect at that time. It would be like having Reagan run against Bill Clinton.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least announce a 2024 campaign a few months after he leaves office. He loves his rallies and a presidential campaign is a great way to rip people off.

I'm not sure if it will be a serious attempt though, or if the money people will follow along.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I don't see him running again, instead I think he tries to create his own media empire, which seems more and more likely with how quickly he's turned on Fox News. Trump is a cult of personality and someone who understands TV, it would probably be the smart thing (and dangerous for this country) for him to go that route.

Hopefully hes dead. But he would probably still run even if he was hooked up to machines keeping him alive
Trump in 4 years:

latest

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
I expect a ton of dirt to come out about the Trump White House over the next couple years. Maybe this kind of stuff will actually have an impact once he's no longer in power and the GOP doesn't feel they have to defend him at every turn. And maybe 4 years of cult deprogramming will lead to these people seeing him in a different light.

yeah right

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
he'll win, because i'm still not convinced we aren't trapped in an eternal cycle of suffering

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Saw somewhere that Tucker Carlson is an early favorite for the GOP 2024 nominee. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
IF he's able to run in 2024, I sure hope Americans take it seriously. You really don't want to end up like Italy, where Berlusconi was in power too many times.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
GOP won't put a proven loser up on the debate stage again

If he runs independent, he will just siphon R votes

psionotic

May 29, 2019
A year ago, Biden looked older than him. But COVID and the stress of the campaign has realllly aged DJT and those tables have turned. I'm sure he'll *claim* that he'll run again and win, for a while at least; but ultimately he will be fully decrepit, incarcerated, broke, or dead by 2024.

I do think that Junior is a frontrunner for the GOP nod in 2024, and even though he's an idiot failson we shouldn't underestimate his chances because his father was too, and that guy's still in the White House.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
The Democrats should be assuming that either Trump himself will run again, or they will be up against a candidate that is similar enough to appeal to Trump's base, because that is what the Republican Party is now.

As for Harris: a ticket with Harris on it beat Trump already. It can happen again. You might say that she was "only" the VP nominee, but Trump spent a lot of time talking about how Harris would be puppeteering Biden, and lots of time insulting Harris in general. Much more time than he ever devoted to Tim Kaine, for reasons that everyone understands but which we should say anyway (he's extremely sexist and extremely racist). Trump's appeal is limited to a number of people that is, frankly, disgustingly large, and Democrats need to be wary of that, but it's still a beatable number and this week proved that.