• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you be OK with the original Joel and Ellie models being replaced?

• Yes

Votes: 109 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 819 66.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 307 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
Obviously.

They have done a similar thing with the new face of Peter Parker.

I think that we'll have an Uncharted remake too with Tom Holland.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Should the God of War 2018 remake feature the likenesses of Jason Momoa and Finn Wolfhard to match the upcoming movie adaptation?

Deleted member 44122

put em in as unlockable models, but dont make em the standard ones. tlou2 already showed how the characters in the first one could look like

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I hate the idea of this remake, as TLOU is one of my favorite games ever, but if you're going to remake this very recent, still very playable game, go all in and change it to hell and back. For all I care, they can change everything they want to make it as different as possible from the original.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
It's possible, I guess.

spider-man-ps5-ps4-peter-parker-face.original.jpg

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That would be like when you buy a book that has been adapted into a movie and on the cover are the actors, it is ugly, shabby and tacky.

Oct 28, 2017
As an option it's fine, but the amount of money they would have to pay Pedro Pascal is definitely not worth it.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I don't see why not. If the tv show proves a massive hit then it would be a potentially lucrative move.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Who cares about the likeness, honestly; it's their personality and character we're drawn to, not their appearance. It's also why it's reasonable to criticize the writing of Ellie in the second. Fix that before fixing faces.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
This is an idea that really doesn't make much sense to me for a story-based game. When the show is already supposed to stick pretty closely to the story of the game, what would this add?

For one thing, they'd likely have to re-do the game with performance capture by both actors. For another it would definitely draw direct comparisons between the game/show.

I just don't see it.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
If it's a reboot with the same beats as the series, I can see it even if I don't need it.

If it's a remake then it makes no sense.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Honest question; what would be the point of the show if the game used the show's actors' likenesses?

May 26, 2018
No, absolutely fucking not. The games are not the show, the show is not the games. Do not even dare touching those designs.

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
crazy bad idea, just horrible. If this is real and ND somehow plans to remake a game that doesn't need remaking, I hope it's remade with TLOU2 tech, amped with PS5, and bundled with TLOU2, uniform look of characters, and a crazy big multiplayer.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
User Banned (2 Weeks): Deadnaming
Given the debacle they had with Elliot Page likeness being used for Ellie's original design (before they changed it) in the first TLOU, I don't see it happening. If that happened they would need to pay royalties to both actors. If/When the remake gets revealed, they will most likely use the models they already created in TLOU pt. 2 flashbacks of TLOU 1 story.

Edit: I wanted to apologize for my original post. I didn't know what deadnaming was.

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet it's the opposite and they would try to make them look as close to the game's characters as possible.