• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Im curious to see just how zombies are handled this week. Granted I'm not expecting gory WTF moments like the whole "Sandman kills Spidey" that was done years ago, but I hope they aren't neutered too much.

I doubt we'll see any blood and guts, but considering how dark the Dr. Strange episode was...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt we'll see any blood and guts, but considering how dark the Dr. Strange episode was...
Yup. I dont really need to see silly amounts of gore, I just want the tone of the show to be pretty dark (as you'd expect when a zombie outbreak occurs. Good point on the Strange ep, I was so glad that they didnt go for a last minute happy "hero wins" ending, instead we get an awesome Twilight Zone'eque ending with The Watcher showing up to say "I told you so" and then buggering off.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'm curious what they turn into the zombie virus. So far, everything has stuck pretty close to the MCU up until the point where something happens and it's usually something at least tangential to the normal story, so a zombie virus just popping up seems unlikely. Cap is prominently shown as a zombie, so do we think it might have something to do with the Super Soldier serum? It'd be a very different world if it turned him into a zombie originally, so it would have to be a long-term side effect or perhaps an interaction he does not have in the MCU.

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel Zombies this week? Sweet.
I doubt it will be as graphic as the comic. Even though this isn't really a "kids show", it will at least try to remain PG-13.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious what they turn into the zombie virus. So far, everything has stuck pretty close to the MCU up until the point where something happens and it's usually something at least tangential to the normal story, so a zombie virus just popping up seems unlikely. Cap is prominently shown as a zombie, so do we think it might have something to do with the Super Soldier serum? It'd be a very different world if it turned him into a zombie originally, so it would have to be a long-term side effect or perhaps an interaction he does not have in the MCU.

Why would it have anything to do with the super soldier serum? Current theories suggest it'll be the virus Crossbone stole in Laos.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Im curious to see just how zombies are handled this week. Granted I'm not expecting gory WTF moments like the whole "Sandman kills Spidey" that was done years ago, but I hope they aren't neutered too much.
I feel like with zombies as long as there's no blood inside the zombies you can get away with a lot

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
830.png

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know the original Marvel Zombies already did it, but this really should have been the Silver Surfer and Galactus episode. (I know we'll be waiting for a number of years for MCU Surfer and Galactus.)

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
She would explode since her bodies ability to regulate that power would fail due to the lack of normal function. Just like Tony would be a weak corpse barely hobbling around with heavy metal strapped to him

I just had a thought... is Black Panther going to be among the zombies? If so, that's gonna be awkward....

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Why would it have anything to do with the super soldier serum? Current theories suggest it'll be the virus Crossbone stole in Laos.
That'd make sense.

As for why the assumption of being Super Soldier serum related, it's just because Zombie Steve is prominently featured in the promotional material. It MIGHT imply that he's patient zero...which could still be the case with the bioweapon theory as well. There's always the chance that the bioweapon and the Super Soldier serum (or what's left in Steve's blood at least) combine poorly to create a zombie virus. Bioweapons are one thing, but a zombie bioweapon seems like an apocalypse-only bioweapon with no real value as a "weapon" to be sold so much as just end the world entirely.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Rumor is it's the virus that Crossbones was trying to release at the start of Civil War.

EDIT: Oh I see that was already mentioned.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Okoye is also not infected (as is Spider-Man, which we already knew would happen). Likewise, looks like Janet & Hank brought the virus from the Quantum Realm.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Caught up on the last two episodes. The twist of Hank being behind the murders was decent, but a little frustrating in that it's almost impossible to figure out since there's no way of knowing Hope joined SHIELD.

Honestly, my biggest issue with that episode is it honestly felt like they created the twist first and tried to write everything else to fit into it. So then they had to dump a lot of exposition at the very end to justify it.

Like in a weird way that makes it more true to the 70s comics because that is something that they were especially guilty of, either having a last-minute plot twist or characters being completely OOC to make the story work lol.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
lol the title is literally just What If... Zombies?!. I love it.

keep-calm-and-oh-dear-god-it-s-a-zombie.png

So Okoye is also not infected (as is Spider-Man, which we already knew would happen). Likewise, looks like Janet & Hank brought the virus from the Quantum Realm.

IIRC the trailer that showed Zombie Cap had him fighting Bucky, right?

My guess is the plague doesn't immediately make it into Wakanda. Black Panther hype?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
My bucks are on the phial Crossbones stole.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a silly question, but is Spider-man totally off limits for these stories?
Honestly a great question. He's gonna appear in a future episode but... I'm gonna pay attention to that one 👀

Thing is, Marvel cannot use Tobey's Spider-Man or Andrew's Spider-Man in the comics or other media (Even if they changed the likeness to the actors), they are tied to Sony. So I'm curious to know how it works with Holland's...

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly a great question. He's gonna appear in a future episode but... I'm gonna pay attention to that one 👀

Thing is, Marvel cannot use Tobey's Spider-Man or Andrew's Spider-Man in the comics or other media (Even if they changed the likeness to the actors), they are tied to Sony. So I'm curious to know how it works with Holland's...
Spider-Man is in this episode.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Man I love Marvel Zombies so I really hope this isn't a super shortened one and done lol

And if it is i really hope zombies return when the FF are active.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious what this means for MCU Peter's supporting cast. We getting animated Marisa Tomei inspired Aunt May and Zendaya inspired MJ? Or are they off-limits? (I suppose we could just never see them at all.)

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm curious what this means for MCU Peter's supporting cast. We getting animated Marisa Tomei inspired Aunt May and Zendaya inspired MJ? Or are they off-limits? (I suppose we could just never see them at all.)
I'd imagine that the animated Spider-Man rules apply here (< 42 minutes without needing Sony to sign off on it). Plus Aunt May first showed up in Civil War.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine that the animated Spider-Man rules apply here (< 42 minutes without needing Sony to sign off on it). Plus Aunt May first showed up in Civil War.

Betty Ross looked... slightly off from Liv Tyler. So I can see MCU Spidey's supporting cast looking slightly off if they appear.

(There's also the fact that MCU MJ's name isn't technically Mary Jane Watson. Which might make some things... complicated...)

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Betty Ross looked... slightly off from Liv Tyler. So I can see MCU Spidey's supporting cast looking slightly off if they appear.

(There's also the fact that MCU MJ's name isn't technically Mary Jane Watson. Which might make some things... complicated...)
Ned was in Infinity War & Endgame while (as mentioned earlier) Aunt May was in Civil War & Endgame. I'm not sure it's that big a deal.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if Peter takes his mask off? Are we getting slightly off-model Tom Holland?