• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Captain America is my least liked Avenger so I was hoping he was already dead, looks the ending of the episode implies the opposite. He's the one original Avenger that is alive which Hank didn't have to kill?

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very fun episode.

The one animated show they make is the thing i'd most like to see in live action 😕

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Captain America is my least liked Avenger so I was hoping he was already dead, looks the ending of the episode implies the opposite. He's the one original Avenger that is alive which Hank didn't have to kill?
Because no one knew he was still alive at that point. Remember he got discovered by accident

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Really need a part 2 for this. Be cool to see how Carol and Steve handle everything going forward.

Vision, Antman, War Machine, possibly Black Panther whose father would never die, wouldn't exist. Spiderman and Strange would stay hidden without Stark, Thor, and Banner.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would probably be recruited.

Would Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch even exist? Weren't they a byproduct of tesseract shenanigans which Loki probably still has hold of?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
i love the premises, the acting, the animation, all of it but the pace of each episode just seems ridiculously fast

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
  • Yeah, Vision wouldn't exist & Scott Lang wouldn't get the suit.
  • I think Rhodey had already taken the Mk. II armor by that point in Iron Man 2, so maybe he'd still be War Machine.
  • T'Challa became Black Panther in 2008 when T'Chaka was too old to do it himself, so he'd be available.
  • Peter didn't get his powers yet, so they can't get to him at the time. Likewise, Strange's car accident didn't happen yet.
    • That said, The Ancient One would be available & was active during the Battle of New York in the Sacred Timeline.

That's the thing tho. You have to think about the butterfly effect of this.

- Avengers 1 shouldn't happen. Loki will get curbstumped by Carol, then locked in the Raft, with no Thor to drag him back to Asgard. He might slink away, but ultimately with no Thor the Dark Elves win, then Hella destroys everyone later.

- Age of Ultron can't happen.

- Winter Soldier will play out similarly. Falcon should still be recruited as well as Bucky, who Steve will likely seek out when Thanos invades.

-T'challa's father will have no reason to come to the US for the nonexistent Accords, as the Hulk doesn't freak out in AoU. I doubt Micheal B Jordan comes back with the King still alive. T'challa never gets his reason to step up as a leader, and never meets the Avengers.

-Dr Strange is unknown to everyone expect Thor. As the events of Ragnorok can't occur, he never meets Thor, and Heimdal never sends Banner to him. Wang and Strange are defeated, and Strange is tortured and killed for the time stone. Tho possibly, Carol could destroy the ship if she stays and is within flying distance.

With so many heroes KIA they have no chance of defeating Thanos in this reality(even with Captian Marvel) and even less of a chance of reversing the snap.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The second they said "we didn't see anyone go into Barton's room", I figured it was something Ant-Man related. Though I was wavering on whether it was Hank as Yellowjacket, or Hope became the Red Queen

Fun episode.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The second they said "we didn't see anyone go into Barton's room", I figured it was something Ant-Man related. Though I was wavering on whether it was Hank as Yellowjacket, or Hope became the Red Queen

Fun episode.
I figured when Betty said something about the small projectile then all the kills made sense

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite thing about all three episodes is how they end so open-endedly. Each one feels like the Legends recap episode before the launch of a new D+ series that could go anywhere.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
There is something really unsettling with how the Hulk exploded the way he did. O_O

It's unsettling because of how it looked, the cause of how he died, and the fact that we've grown so accustomed to Hulk being indestructible that no one really expected him to be killed in that fashion.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
They've been gradually making less of a point to outright specify what's causing these "What If" branches. First it was The Watcher narrating that Peggy deciding to take the serum did it, then young T'Challa wandering outside of Wakanda, both with specific consequences contained in their universes. No major "nexus" decision of the sort was really explicit in this one unless I'm missing it, outside of Hope joining SHIELD in this universe.

That's the thread yes, Hope joined Shield which caused her to die which caused Hank to crazy

That's a nexus event

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

With so many heroes KIA they have no chance of defeating Thanos in this reality(even with Captian Marvel) and even less of a chance of reversing the snap.

On the contrary... Loki rules Earth and he clearly has an Asgardian army with him. You could assume that Thor's death makes Odin go to sleep out of grief, meaning Loki is Asgard's King. Even if Odin dies at some point in the years following, Loki did tell Hela that they could come to an arrangement. Perhaps he gives her the throne of Asgard in return for him staying as King of Earth.

When the Black Order shows up on Earth to claim the Mind and Time Gems, Loki will already know they're coming and he doesn't seem to antagonistic towards Fury or Earth. Chances are Carol Danvers and whatever Avengers are recruited will be backed by Asgard itself, including Hela, when Thanos makes his move. He'd never attack Asgard first and, without Thor forcing Ragnarok to happen, it'll still be standing when Thanos decides to grab the Space Gem so he'd have to leave it until later.

The Black Order is not getting either of the Infinity Gems from Earth in that scenario, nor is Stephen Strange ending up on Titan or handing the Time Gem to Thanos to save Tony Stark's life. In fact Thanos will probably have to come to Earth himself but he'd only have, at best, the Power, Reality and Soul Gems. That'll never be enough to claim the Mind, Time and Space Gems.

Loki, Hela, Danvers, Strange, other Avengers and the army of Asgard would utterly crush Thanos, his Black Order and his army.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the contrary... Loki rules Earth and he clearly has an Asgardian army with him. You could assume that Thor's death makes Odin go to sleep out of grief, meaning Loki is Asgard's King. Even if Odin dies at some point in the years following, Loki did tell Hela that they could come to an arrangement. Perhaps he gives her the throne of Asgard in return for him staying as King of Earth.

When the Black Order shows up on Earth to claim the Mind and Time Gems, Loki will already know they're coming and he doesn't seem to antagonistic towards Fury or Earth. Chances are Carol Danvers and whatever Avengers are recruited will be backed by Asgard itself, including Hela, when Thanos makes his move. He'd never attack Asgard first and, without Thor forcing Ragnarok to happen, it'll still be standing when Thanos decides to grab the Space Gem so he'd have to leave it until later.

The Black Order is not getting either of the Infinity Gems from Earth in that scenario, nor is Stephen Strange ending up on Titan or handing the Time Gem to Thanos to save Tony Stark's life. In fact Thanos will probably have to come to Earth himself but he'd only have, at best, the Power, Reality and Soul Gems. That'll never be enough to claim the Mind, Time and Space Gems.

Loki, Hela, Danvers, Strange, other Avengers and the army of Asgard would utterly crush Thanos, his Black Order and his army.
That seems nice and all but you forgot one thing:
Captain Marvel would obliterate Loki and his army as soon as she arrived on Earth. That scene right at the end? A few hours before she's seen holding Loki's head. Asgard and Earth would never cooperate this way.

Oct 25, 2017
fun idea that Hope deciding to join shield like her parents, in theory a noble decision, actually results in the death of the avengers and loki's conquest of earth
been having a lot of fun with what if

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

- Avengers 1 shouldn't happen. Loki will get curbstumped by Carol, then locked in the Raft, with no Thor to drag him back to Asgard. He might slink away, but ultimately with no Thor the Dark Elves win, then Hella destroys everyone later.

- Winter Soldier will play out similarly. Falcon should still be recruited as well as Bucky, who Steve will likely seek out when Thanos invades.

-T'challa's father will have no reason to come to the US for the nonexistent Accords, as the Hulk doesn't freak out in AoU. I doubt Micheal B Jordan comes back with the King still alive. T'challa never gets his reason to step up as a leader, and never meets the Avengers.

-Dr Strange is unknown to everyone expect Thor. As the events of Ragnorok can't occur, he never meets Thor, and Heimdal never sends Banner to him. Wang and Strange are defeated, and Strange is tortured and killed for the time stone. Tho possibly, Carol could destroy the ship if she stays and is within flying distance.

The Dark Elves only woke up because Jane found the Reality "Stone" while looking for Thor at the same time the Convergence was happening. No Thor, Jane never finds the Stone, no Dark Elves at the only time when they could win. So Thanos can't get to the Reality Stone, no snap.

Killmonger's return had nothing to do with T'Challa I don't think, he would have challenged T'Chaka just the same, and probably won.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It's fun thinking about the butterfly effects. What if this happens, then this happens instead or doesn't happen as a result.

I hope they touch back on some of these episodes in the future because they really leave me wanting more but who knows.

MrCheez

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
It's fun thinking about the butterfly effects. What if this happens, then this happens instead or doesn't happen as a result.

Seriously! Makes for such interesting theorizing and discussion. This episode lays out that Hope joining SHIELD... leads to Loki taking over Earth. Quite the butterfly effect indeed.

Loving all three episodes so far!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They've been gradually making less of a point to outright specify what's causing these "What If" branches. First it was The Watcher narrating that Peggy deciding to take the serum did it, then young T'Challa wandering outside of Wakanda, both with specific consequences contained in their universes. No major "nexus" decision of the sort was really explicit in this one unless I'm missing it, outside of Hope joining SHIELD in this universe.
Wasn't the Nexus event in the first episode Peggy staying in the room instead of leaving?

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Without the events of Ragnarok, the Asgardians are still around to protect the dwarves and thus Thanos can't get them to construct the infinity gauntlet for him though. I may be jumping the gun here as I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I'm always intrigued by the fact that Ragnarok is so pivotal to Thanos's plans.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can I appreciate Coulson's bisexual energy? That is a man with a healthy appreciation for beautiful men and I love it.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed this episode as well, the series is delivering

Shame they it ended before we could see Carol kicking Loki's ass 😂

I hope they touch back on some of these episodes in the future because they really leave me wanting more but who knows.
They will, going by the trailers we can see a take on The Avengers iconic shot but with Captain Carter, T'Challa Star-Lord, Gamora with Thanos' Endgame armor, among others

Without the events of Ragnarok, the Asgardians are still around to protect the dwarves and thus Thanos can't get them to construct the infinity gauntlet for him though. I may be jumping the gun here as I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I'm always intrigued by the fact that Ragnarok is so pivotal to Thanos's plans.
Not really that one, since IW is immediately after Ragnarok so Thanos wouldn't have had the time for it probably 🤔
I think it's the fact that Odin!Loki is doing absolutely nothing for the other realms, even Thor mentions in Ragnarok that they have fallen in disarray

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

That's very much it, it wasn't something that happened on-screen but years before the episode began. So this universe already had quite an important change before Avengers started dying, we just didn't know it and it wasn't spelled out by Uatu.

In this universe Hope was inspired by Janet's sacrifice to join SHIELD rather than work for her dad, and it caused some very tragic losses and drove Hank crazy.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I could be mistaken, but I always presumed the dwarves being wiped out was because Loki was shit as King of Asgard and wasn't properly protecting people. Loki rules Asgard from end of 2013 until 2017, and I figured Thanos "I'll do it myself" post credits scene was set before Ragnarok begins.

Aceun

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

Theoretically both episode 2 and 3 can occupy the same universe. So rather than T'Challa stepping up he'd be in space. It would also explain the Collector having easy access to something like Mjolnir rather than outright defeating Thor.

1 and 3 cannot because Barton is dead here and he was in that scene with Fury at the end.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Theoretically both episode 2 and 3 can occupy the same universe. So rather than T'Challa stepping up he'd be in space. It would also explain the Collector having easy access to something like Mjolnir rather than outright defeating Thor.

1 and 3 cannot because Barton is dead here and he was in that scene with Fury at the end.

That, and the fact that Fury's recovering Cap at the end, not Carter. Also, I think it's reasonable to assume that Captain Marvel doesn't exist in the Carter universe, since the tesserect would've taken a much different journey in that universe.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I imagine that it's possible in the episode 3 universe, with the world being saved by Captain Marvel and (probably to a lesser extent) Captain America, the population of Earth may have a universally more positive view of heroes (Loki originally only really damaged NYC, and AoU never happened). Since Thanos would eventually have to get the Time Stone from Strange regardless, if Fury can convince Captain Marvel to check in on Earth more often, she might intercept Thanos' plan earlier and end things quicker before the Snap even happens. Especially if the newer Avengers (presumably Strange, Spidey, Falcon, Captain America, War Machine, and maybe some others that would only exist here) are a united front this time.