• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I would die for Heist Nebula

image.png

image.png

Karen Gillan, somewhere: "What? I could've kept my hair out all the time?!??!?!"

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
T'Challa still being all regal like, even after being abducted by aliens.

The first episode had this as well, with Carter getting the serum and Steve still wanting to save people/punch Nazi's, but I like how they keep defining characteristics even when the characters are placed in alternate realities. We already know T'Challa doesn't like Wakanda's isolationists policy, so him wanting to explore is just accepted within seconds. And a great send off for Chadwick that his intergalactic presence even influences the hugest bad to be...a bit less mad.

And he played a great mix of the playfulness of STAR-lord combined with the, sure why not..sanctimony of star-LORD.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The world is truly worse off without the incredible talent of Chadwick Boseman. What a great performance. What T'Chaka said on the ship was eye watering.

Also.... can't believe I was pulling for Thanos towards the end there.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also.....

Are Ego & Peter Quill going to eventually be the main antagonists for the series? Can't imagine you grab Kurt Russell for just one line.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Also.....

Are Ego & Peter Quill going to eventually be the main antagonists for the series? Can't imagine you grab Kurt Russell for just one line.

Well, we already have Agent Carter going over into another dimension through the Tesseract. Perhaps it has all the protagonists from these episodes going for an interdimensional team up against Ego (and possibly others) for the Endgame.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
This episode was a lot of fun and out there, and of course all elevated by Chadwick. A cartoon spinoff of comic book movies made me a little teary eyed.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Amazing episode, Thanos was great, all around voice overs were really good, and damn, Chadwick unsurprisingly killed it. Thank you, King, for one last ride.

It's really funny how (to me, at least) these 30 minute episodes all feel like i've watched at least an hour, while the 1h Loki/Wandavision episodes felt like they went by way too fast.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, we already have Agent Carter going over into another dimension through the Tesseract. Perhaps it has all the protagonists from these episodes going for an interdimensional team up against Ego (and possibly others) for the Endgame.

She didn't. Was just the future, Hawkeye recognized her.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
She didn't. Was just the future, Hawkeye recognized her.

I mean watever was behind the portal she pushed the squid thingy into. She didn't age, while seventy years passed on Earth, where Hawkeye recognized her. So it could possibly be an alternate reality where time works differently. Or she was transported to somewhere further on the timeline by Fury. Either way, it could work as a way to bring protags togethers for a team up, if Marvel wanted to, right?

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Man, I missed Chadwick. It's really sad that this is the last time we will hear him.

Loved this episode. It was much better than the first since despite having some of the beats of the original movies it was much more different and surprising compared with Captain Carter.

Thanos being part of the team was an inspired choice lol

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that was infinitely better than the first episode. Thanos routinely trying to convince everyone of the merits of genocide was wild lmao.

I'm still not really a fan of the animation style, though. There are moments where it looks great, usually in slower, dialogue-heavy scenes; but the minute the actions picks up, it just seems clunky.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Chadwick Boseman is the best, I even preferred his Star-Lord. The world is a colder place without him.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
That was goddamn amazing. Much better than the first episode (I love Captain Carter character, but the actual episode itself feels really safe and doesn't deviate too much from First Avenger outside the finale).

I completely lose it at Thanos, he even got the whole Redemption Demotion trope (I laughed when Nebula said "you can't take them all alone") 🤣

Edit : Also amazing voicework especially Chadwick Boseman and Michael Rooker.

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic episode, miss Chadwick as Black Panther but it was nice to hear hsi voice again in something new

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Boseman could even do VO work without breaking a sweat. What an incredible talent.

Fun episode overall. T'Challa actually being the guy Peter Quill thinks he is was really what made it work.

(Kurt Russell is definitely going to be in another episode. They didn't use him just for those few lines.)

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
What if Star-Lord wasn't an annoying douche?

I loved this so much. I wish there was more.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I mean watever was behind the portal she pushed the squid thingy into. She didn't age, while seventy years passed on Earth, where Hawkeye recognized her. So it could possibly be an alternate reality where time works differently. Or she was transported to somewhere further on the timeline by Fury. Either way, it could work as a way to bring protags togethers for a team up, if Marvel wanted to, right?

It's possible the space gem uses the quantum realm to tunnel through space, much as time and space are intertwined. It means that she and the monster were fighting for 70 mins rather than 70 years.

Like being trapped on a subway train in-between stations, but the tunnels in-between stations time moves differently.

Oct 25, 2017
That was incredible. I love how T'Challa's actions lead to a reformed Thanos and the Collector being even stronger (being able to take out Captain America, Thor, Hela, and more).
RIP Chadwick Boseman. The world would have loved to see more of your work.

I know Feige said they're not going to recast, but what if they use the Multiverse to do that? Establish a similar but different T'challa from another universe. His character is just too good to leave behind.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Genuinely might watch that again this evening. First time I've had the impulse to rewatch something so quickly since Endgame. Just really enjoyable stuff.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I really enjoyed this one! I didn't think Thanos would be in this, thought that was really funny! Lotta funny stuff in this episode IMO.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The voice acting was much better than the first episode. Djimon Honsou was great as Korath.

Drax had a lot more dialogue than I thought. Really surprised they couldn't work out getting Dave Bautista to do the voice.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
-Hot Nebula cosplays incoming-

I love this episode! Chadwick was boss.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
I really want a comic mini series based of this, Star-Lord T'Challa is great. I like how Djimon Hounsou got to cut loose compared to his other roles.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty great! Exactly the type of story I loved reading in the old What If? comics.

One thing that stood out to me was Hela's crown giving The Collector "a necrosword". I'll spoiler this just incase.
I was wondering how they were going to handle the necrosword for Thor 4 and it maybe Gorr just gets it from Hela's corpse.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
That was pretty great! Exactly the type of story I loved reading in the old What If? comics.

One thing that stood out to me was Hela's crown giving The Collector "a necrosword". I'll spoiler this just incase.
I was wondering how they were going to handle the necrosword for Thor 4 and it maybe Gorr just gets it from Hela's corpse.

Yeah I can totally imagine Gorr going to Asgard for a murder party, seeing it destroyed, and finding a necrosword in the remains

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Man the Thanos twist alone makes this better than the first episode.

Fuck I miss Chadwick.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This episode's gimmick seems kinda forced, but it was alright.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible the space gem uses the quantum realm to tunnel through space, much as time and space are intertwined. It means that she and the monster were fighting for 70 mins rather than 70 years.

Like being trapped on a subway train in-between stations, but the tunnels in-between stations time moves differently.

My brain has some issues with understanding the space/time intertwined part of this post, but what we saw the previous episode seemed very similar to what we saw with Antman in Endgame, yeah. He went into the quantum realm, five minutes passed for him, but five years passed on Earth.

We haven't seen exactly how the space gem works, since previously we've only seen people use it to teleport from place to place, without a time difference (correct me if I'm wrong). But the previous episode did introduce some similar time difference effects, perhaps the space gem works through the quantum realm as well.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Korath ask about how he stopped Thanos then shows up being reformed and part of the group had me like
8DobhCq.gif

That was a nice unexpected surprise especially to have Josh Brolin back in that role.

Also the branching point to make sure was Yondu outsourcing the abduction instead of doing it himself right

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Korath ask about how he stopped Thanos then shows up being reformed and part of the group had me like
8DobhCq.gif

That was a nice unexpected surprise especially to have Josh Brolin back in that role.

Also the branching point to make sure was Yondu outsourcing the abduction instead of doing it himself right
Correct, that was the Nexus Event.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I kind of want the episode where T'Challa manages to sway Thanos

Shame we'll never get it :(