• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
What would it be?

i reckon a battle royale like fall guys but everyone is running over the 'hot take coals' and it's basically an endless QTE

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Ass wiping simulator with every method leading to a game over because no one knows how to properly do it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i farted in my cereal, what do i do?: a thread simulation game

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A Zero Escape style entrapment horror game about the Nintendo Direct speculation threads during a drought

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Era would be too busy discussing how to make the game to actually make the game

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It would be a third person cinematic heavy JRPG with zero accessibility options like easy/story mode. There would be no online component nor a tutorial because that's part of the challenge.

it would have its release date pushed back twice, one scandal written about by Jason Schrier an OT with too many gifs

yet despite all that, still manage a 92 meta critic score.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc, some guys at GAF tried to.

Dudebro something lol?
Yes, DudeBro II: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, a game based on that infamous gaf thread where a dude said he'd rather play an imagine babyz game than a game with that title.

Somehow, it has an incredibly elaborately detailed Wikipedia page??? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudebro_II

A forum project as ambitious as a game is too difficult unless it's a very small, dedicated team. Video games take years to make and people usually lose interest in these kinds of projects after like 2 months.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
It would be the worst game ever made

A selection of people trying to get the most niche things into it, references to games no one remembers and it would have to cost ÂŁ200 a copy as no dlc or mtx would be allowed

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Single player cinematic action adventure RPG. There is no repetitive grinding in the game every encounter has unique mechanics. Lots of high octane set pieces.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We would never get past the concept stage. Single player or GAAS? Console exclusive or does EGS get involved? Do we put in an easy mode or just make it hardcore? 30fps or 60fps?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
It would be an open-world game with no microtransactions, no DLC until 2 years after release, and a "robust story mode" that has infinite paths and endings.

It would also be 4K compatible with 300FPS, and yet somehow it would still be "perfect for Switch."

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
ERA Dating Sim: Final Level

Option A: Show her The Last of Us to show her how far gaming has come since Super Mario World.

Option B: Talk about baby names for your future children. You're thinking Nathan for a first name, Drake for the middle name.

Option C: Ask ResetERA for advice on how to proceed. Note: You will NOT be taking this advice.

PS4 exclusive, supports flick-stick.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
If Era made a game I would write it and it would involve stealing extravagantly designed pies in a late 1920's post revolutionary Russia. I concluded a while ago that this would best encapsulate what Era is about and would reach the widest range of currently active users.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The main character is called Niche-Man (You can also choose gender identity and how you want to be addressed but the title is Niche Man).
- The villain is a corporate overlord who has an overly complex backstory, who curses Niche Man with Ludonarrative Dissonance. Ironically this will also be the villain's downfall.
- As Niche Man is trying to break his curse there is a gang of people following him everywhere and scrutinising every move he makes. If he goes into a shop for instance people speculate an acquisition is about to take place. Or if you stand idle for a while they begin posting hype train gifs to your phone.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It would be an open-world game with no microtransactions, no DLC until 2 years after release, and a "robust story mode" that has infinite paths and endings.

It would also be 4K compatible with 300FPS, and yet somehow it would still be "perfect for Switch."
Also it would have 8000 accessibility features and tell you how cool you are every 5 minutes

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
It would be like The Messenger, but half the game would be a Bloodborne clone with an easy mode option and the other half would be a BOTW clone with an option to turn off weapon degradation.