• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Today (and really the past couple weeks in general), we have obviously seen an onslaught of leaks regarding the upcoming E3.

As you see more and more industry leaders move to a more controlled "Nintendo Direct" type system, do you think these leaks will cause even more members to move away? That type of system clearly isn't immune from leaks, but I imagine it gives these companies a bit more control in that area, no?

Curious to see how this could possibly affect the future of E3. What do you guys think?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Happens every year, though these last few hours have been pretty bad.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It means somebody at Microsoft and Bandai Namco is probably getting fired?

Honestly, this is nothing compared to the Walmart leak last year.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A huge amount of people don't pay attention to these sort of things. The type of dude reading forums or IGN isn't the main chunk of the audience these expensive productions are put on for.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Thes leaks mean next to nothing for the audience they are trying to reach.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the leaks aren't really that big a deal considering they're happening a couple days before. Only people that care are the ones who think E3 is a movie for their enjoyment. I personally just care about getting info on games I'm interested asap as long as its spoiler free for the most part.

OP
OP
HououinKyouma

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, there are certainly leaks every year, it just seems to be getting worse, no? With that being said, I have zero stats to actually back-up that claim; just seem to be getting that feeling.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
They'll be okay. You don't get all the crowd reactions but meh the result is all the same. Our wallets are raped and pillaged all the same.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Leaks like this I'm almost certain are a net positive for everyone involved. It's 40something hours of speculation and discussion amongst hardcore video games fans.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Calm down.

Leaks happens every year. Sometimes to the point where an entire press conference lineup leaks.

This is hardly anything at all.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
nothing really, you are seeing a decline in e3 presence already that will just continue regardless

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's not like everything leaked. Yeah, a piece of key art of the From x GRRM game leaked, and some art of the Ni No Kuni remaster, so the surprises are gone. However; we've still got trailers to look forward to, and maybe even gameplay. I'm personally not too bothered with stuff like this, but I'd rather not have trailers leak.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, there are certainly leaks every year, it just seems to be getting worse, no? With that being said, I have zero stats to actually back-up that claim; just seem to be getting that feeling.

Every year people say something about e3 is getting worse.

There's leaks every years. There's leaks all year long. Companies will try and get better at preventing them.

In the grand scheme it doesn't actually matter for shit.

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
Today (and really the past couple weeks in general), we have obviously seen an onslaught of leaks regarding the upcoming E3.

As you see more and more industry leaders move to a more controlled "Nintendo Direct" type system, do you think these leaks will cause even more members to move away? That type of system clearly isn't immune from leaks, but I imagine it gives these companies a bit more control in that area, no?

Curious to see how this could possibly affect the future of E3. What do you guys think?
How on earth is this more controlled? This was a Namco Bandai security problem, would have affected an direct as well.

It's normal, it will happen regardless of that. Nothing will change.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
'Tis the season. Outside of Bleeding Edge we aren't getting footage of most this stuff so it isn't like there's nothing to look forward to.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
This is small fries.
You forget that just 2 years ago Xbox's full conference leaked? We knew everything they were announcing and the order.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nothing.

It's a leak for video games. I'm actually surprised by the sensationalism.

This is not a leak of sensitive Monsanto documents.

Between the perceived sensitivity and and outrage about spoilers I wonder sometimes. Suck it up. This is an enthusiast forum. I'm not beholden to any NDA and i'd think most here are not as well.

People need to take a step back and relax. Yes I understand the work put into the show and the devs wanting to see fans excited but please take a step back. The devs and marketing team's will be ok. This happens every E3.

Just chill.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Leaks on the eve of E3 are the new normal. It would be weird if things weren't leaking at this point

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of which, it seems like that same website doing all the leaks has in a roundabout way leaked the big surprise of the MS show

Don't click this if you don't want the spoiler!
Nintendo showing up on MS's stage, MS games on the Switch