• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama

The new The Last Guardian?

Almost 5 years since it was announced, 4 years since we saw the gameplay trailer; I remember being very hyped.

Since then, I think we've not seen any news about this game, nor mention here.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
That's a WiLD car if you ask me

@edit

Yup probably dead since BGE is on the spotlight and probably way more ambitious

Oct 27, 2017
The game is still in development according to Michel Ancel. I expect it to release somewhere in 2020.

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The new The Last Guardian?

Almost 5 years since it was announced, 4 years since we saw the gameplay trailer; I remember being very hyped.

Since then, I think we've not seen any news about this game, nor mention here.

Looks like it's "WILD for PS5" now.
Wild Sheep Studio and Sony are working on it.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
They say it's still coming but I have no doubt it's a PS5 title at this point. Ancel's focus seems to be on BG&E2 far more right now.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
It's a super small studio and ancel is also working on beyond good and evil. Maybe a PS5 launch title now ?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much dead. Ancel's on good terms with Ubisoft again and is making Beyond Good and Evil 2. He doesn't need to be independent anymore.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Edit:
-------

This interview from April 2019 confirms it's still in development: https://www.resetera.com/threads/michel-ancels-wild-is-still-alive.113751/

Original Post:
--------------------

There are signs of its development.

Might be more that I missed, but here are some I remembered:

May 22, 2019

Art Director job listing directly mentions they are developing WiLD - "We are developing WiLD, an open world action adventure published by Sony Interactive Entertainment."

July 6, 2018

January 8, 2018

February 3, 2017

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

May 22, 2019

Art Director job listing directly mentions they are developing WiLD - "We are developing WiLD, an open world action adventure published by Sony Interactive Entertainment."

July 6, 2018

January 8, 2018

February 3, 2017

There are more than these old "signs".
Wild Sheep already explained this year that they are working on it, together with Sony. And how much money they are receiving from Sony every mont / how much they need every month.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️

May 22, 2019

July 6, 2018

January 8, 2018

February 3, 2017

Thx Mr. Newsman,
Yeah it's most likely moving to PS5. I wonder what the budget for this game is, I wouldn't expect it to be as big as BGE2 but it looks ambitious.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
When Ancel announced he was making BG&E2 and WiLD at the same time I feared WiLD wouldn't be out for a very long time......I'm just glad it's still in development,it's a cool concept.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Considering they already confirmed its still in development, its probably just been pushed to next gen

Oct 27, 2017
Because they want to sell new hardware? Are you going to ask that question at the PS5 reveal event when they show other exclusives?
The game was announced on PS4 and is developed for it for 5+ years will all it's limitations in mind. Each asset, graphical effect was created for the PS4 but because the game is taking a little longer than expected to develop they will transfer all of it to a completely new hardware with non-existant playerbase? It's definately a PS4 game. Cross-gen for the PS5 possibly.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been five years and the director is working full time on another project. Actions speak louder than words here.

At best it'll pull a NiOh or FFXV where it's significantly retooled for next gen, but that would still prove my point that the game at least as we know it is dead.

Last edited:

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
The game was announced on PS4 and is developed for it for 5+ years will all it's limitations in mind. Each asset, graphical effect was created for the PS4 but because the game is taking a little longer than expected to develop they will transfer all of it to a completely new hardware with non-existant playerbase?
So you think it's going to release before the end of next year? I don't see that happening, just like last guardian it'll be ported to next-gen and it'll be even easier because both platforms are x86. The game is still in development according to this thread so unless you think the games coming out in the next 12 months what other options are there?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It's been moved to the Decima engine and is now a cross-gen PS5 launch title.

That's just my theory but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been five years and the director is working full time on another project. Actions speak louder than words here.

At best it'll pull a NiOh or FFXV where it's significantly retooled for next gen, but that would still prove my point that the game at least as we know it is dead.
A complete studio (Wild Sheep Studio) is working on it and they explained it this year. Actions speak louder indeed.
It's alive and in development.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It looked inspired from classics like BotW and Elders Scrolls. Can't wait to see an update, i would love for a new mechanics or two and a PS5 showpiece game.