• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it'll ever be released. I don't know why it wouldn't be released, as far as I know the last thing he was waiting on was an extended anime section from Production IG, which is finished. But given that it hasn't been released for seemingly no real reason in all these years, I imagine that'll be the case going forward, and will be reserved for one-off showings at the New Beverly. Maybe it'll get put out for the 20th anniversary or something.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I waited for like five years to buy these on Blu cause I was like oh, the whole bloody affair is supposed to come out. I finally just bought em, it had been long enough.

That was 2013.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Someone explain this to me. We know of all the changes that were made so why is this such a big deal? Is there no fan-edit that basically recreates this version?

I watched the movies a long time ago and loved them but kind of confused at the importance of this release.
Someone enlighten me please.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain this to me. We know of all the changes that were made so why is this such a big deal? Is there no fan-edit that basically recreates this version?

I watched the movies a long time ago and loved them but kind of confused at the importance of this release.
Someone enlighten me please.

I think the buzz at the time was that they were gonna have a longer animated O-Ren sequence in addition to the few tweaks necessary to make them a long movie.

Thurston Last

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
This already has existed for awhile on the Fan Edit scene, a DVD quality version was released years ago using the Japanse uncut DVD for the Part 1 scenes. Since then improved versions have come out. Since some of the sources for uncut scenes are DVD quality they had to be upscaled. There is a good 720p version out there with all of the extended, uncut scenes edited together seamlessly.

More info: http://drsapirstein.blogspot.com/2016/03/kill-bill-whole-bloody-affair-mkv-720p.html

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Is Uma Thurman on good term or bad term with Tarantino now? I don't care about Tarantino's Christopher Waltz/Western movies that much. I hope both Tarantino and Thurman realize Kill Bill is their best work and make KB3.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the buzz at the time was that they were gonna have a longer animated O-Ren sequence in addition to the few tweaks necessary to make them a long movie.
WHAT!? I know it's an unpopular opinion, but if anything, O-Ren's origin should be cut (no other member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad gets an origin story and no other portion of the movie is in such a different style, let alone animated.) Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but it's a bonus feature, not an integral part of of the movie.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure I've seen this before at a festival or something. Also, someone dumped it online so it's out there somewhere

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I remember hearing and caring about this, but don't anymore. I don't need them together.

Kill Bill Vol. 2 was easily and noticeably better than Vol. 1. But both movies were good

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Never knew this was going to be a thing.
I've watched the 1st one countless times, but never revisited the 2nd since I saw it in the cinema. Probably the most disappointed I've ever been with a movie.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Could have swore I remember reading an article years ago that said the issue was something with distribution rights, if I'm recall. Can't find it now though.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still waiting on this before I buy the blurays. At the very least I want the Japanese release for the first volume - saw it years ago and it is much superior.