• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Am I blind or are there a severe lack of the wacky FPS games we had back then?

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
I mean, technically, that's the current selling point of the borderlands franchise, "find millions of wacky guns: guns that fire saw blades, guns that grow legs and chase enemies, guns that shoots other guns"

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure if you can call it a proper "gun", but whenever I think of fun weapons I think of the Land Shark Gun from Armed & Dangerous:

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
Borderlands has guns that grow legs and guns that shoot other guns?

Yeah, explaining a bit better, there is a guns manufacturer (each manufacturer has a different perk) on bl3 that have guns do special things once you hit reload, one of which is "instead of reloading, your gun turns into a mobile turret"
The gun that shoots other guns is a late game unlock, it requires crystals (a rare currency) to fire 10 random guns

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Thankfully there is still some games doing awesome, crazy weapons.

For example, Amid Evil's "Celestial Claw" shoots planets.
giphy.gif

source.gif

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh. Doom, Wolfenstein, Destiny, Borderlands. You're clearly not looking very far if you think there aren't any.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I agree

Where the fuck are the Turok tier weapons ?

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
I've been saying this for years now.
Bring back TimeShift.

The multiplayer with time grenades was an awesome idea. Me and my friends spent tons of hours messing around in that game's multiplayer

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
LMAO, that is my biggest fucking complaint as well. I jump into COD or Apex legends, everybody is jumping, people are running like cars left and right. God, I miss the 1.6 ERA, FPS games are genuinely bad these days. CSGO is filled with toxic players.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
It's always been real depressing that even Many Sci-fi shooters set way in the future end up having guns that are not really that different then what we currently have. Destiny is an example, faster then light travel, giant techno space aliens, iron man like suits of armour, hover bikes that materialize out of thin air. Weapons? Assault rifles, Shotguns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, fusion gun, the most "out there" of all those is the fusion guns. It sucks how uncreative most modern shooters are with their weapons.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
It's always been real depressing that even Many Sci-fi shooters set way in the future end up having guns that are not really that different then what we currently have. Destiny is an example, faster then light travel, giant techno space aliens, iron man like suits of armour, hover bikes that materialize out of thin air. Weapons? Assault rifles, Shotguns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, fusion gun, the most "out there" of all those is the fusion guns. It sucks how uncreative most modern shooters are with their weapons.
I feel the same. Its always the same weapons we have today but it is shining or looks like plastic

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Thats because all the guns in Destiny with weird mechanics are relegated to being exotics.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody bought CoD and Battlefield by the millions and ignored Arena shooters/old school shooters outside of indie successes, so here we are.

If 10 million+ people buy a game that only feature boring ass assault rifles and SMGs, then every other company is going to take that as a hint.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Shotgun Farmers might fit the bill. It's a multiplayer shooter where the whole gimmick is guns that are crops, and missed shots grow more guns.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Unneeded hostility to fellow members
LMAO, that is my biggest fucking complaint as well. I jump into COD or Apex legends, everybody is jumping, people are running like cars left and right. God, I miss the 1.6 ERA, FPS games are genuinely bad these days. CSGO is filled with toxic players.

Nah, FPS games and players are as good as ever. You just want to live in the magical nostalgia land. We have the shooter games ranging from military-sim far above CS realism, to CSGO (the best CS experience you can get), to Valorant (CS with a few abilities), to Overwatch/Paladins full-on hero shooters. And they all work with much better functionality, ranking systems and anti-cheat.

For anyone being unhappy with the selection of shooters games, for whatever you want (Arcade, Realistic, Hero, SP, MP, BR, Co-op, VR etc):
Your taste in games is shit, and you live in the self-made prison.

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, FPS games and players are as good as ever. You just want to live in the magical nostalgia land. We have the shooter games ranging from military-sim far above CS realism, to CSGO (the best CS experience you can get), to Valorant (CS with a few abilities), to Overwatch/Paladins full-on hero shooters. And they all work with much better functionality, ranking systems and anti-cheat.

For anyone being unhappy with the selection of shooters games, for whatever you want (Arcade, Realistic, Hero, SP, MP, BR, Co-op, VR etc):

Relax man

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you use large font you are extra right.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think they even went away during the 360 gen . Instead what seem to have occurred is that FPS releases in general are more sporadic because they are a lot more expensive to make.

tonetizzley

Nov 1, 2017
Shout out to Armed and Dangerous for being my personal pinnacle of weird, fun guns. Anyone who doesn't like shooting land sharks at people is missing out. Highly recommend going back and giving it a shot if you haven't tried it yet.