• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assume that you have the same amount of money in each one:

Sports fans blaming you for causing their team to lose a huge game. For some context, the Steve Bartman incident in baseball is what I'm thinking of here. There's a documentary on it and the aftermath. Long story short, the Chicago Cubs World Series drought is kind of a legendary one in sports (it ended in 2016 though), in 2003 they were on the cusp of making it when a fan interfered with a catchable ball. For whatever reason, he became the guy Cubs fans blamed for losing the game and the next game after.

Star Wars fans. In this scenario, you're Kelly Marie Tran who had to delete her social media due to the backlash.

Video game nerds, the Gamergate thing and you're Zoey Quinn.

D&D following Season 8 of Game of Thrones.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, tough one between sports fans and gators.

There have been straight up riots over sports though right? An angry physical mob would be more of a problem than an angry twitter mob.

Wait I was picking the worst one, the best one is easily the Star Wars harassers cause I'm not a woman

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
GOT fans since within a few months most will have moved the fuck on to whatever else is the latest thing. The rest are sick in the head.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Not taking anything way from the other scenarios whatsoever, but the Bartman scenario is the worst since he was what should have been an anonymous person that has his life ruined for no reason.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
i would take the sports fan, they have the memory span of a goldfish, and moving a bit would be enough to avoid most of them.the others are kind of a global plague.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Official Staff Communication
Reaction threads: In our experience, these lead to nothing but pages and pages of emotionally fueled hot-takes that mostly resemble spam rather than actual material of value. Instead, use the relevant event and announcement threads for your instant reactions to keep them in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.