• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've been playing video games for a long time and I've never been able to get into racing games and fighters, they just tend to get super boring very quickly for me. I enjoy fighting games a bit more exciting but they have so little content most of the time that I get tired of them eventually.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
I've had that same relationship with MMOs for a long time, which is a shame because FFXIV really does look great. I think it's time to give up on that genre for me.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play online so any game that is all about online.

also WRPG. Can't get into them when I try

Aug 31, 2019
Point and click, visual novels: they bore me to death. I tried the classics and some of the new ones, but they don't work for me.

First Person Shooters. Also very boring, and I suck at them.

Polaris

Oct 29, 2017
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Fighting games. While the community around fighting games seems pretty good, and I really enjoy watching fighting tournaments, I just don't really like actually playing fighting games.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
JRPG's
roguelikes
RTS's
Sports

Pretty much the only genres I really don't like at all...always open to have my mind changed though. Just need the right game I guess.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Sports, RTS, MMOs (not because of the online elements, because of their combat and how hard they are to get into), WRPGs, roguelikes, Open world games (with the exception of BotW), cinematic platformers, 4X Strategy (or strategy games with a PC-centric interface in general), anything racing that's less arcady than PGR, probably more I'm forgetting. I also don't dislike FPS games but I'm very picky with them and I suck at all of them.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
None really. I feel like every genre has something to offer. However, i had to pick , it would be fps just because of motion sickness.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Can't stand JRPGs. Feels like a lot of Japanese developed games are missing features from Western devs that have become standard. I tried guys :(

Though part of me wants to try Death Stranding (not a JRPG but still has many JRPG menu elements)

closer

Oct 25, 2017
MMos
looty shootys
diablo
games w/ hella crafting

any game where i don't feel my time is being respected i guess

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
MMORPGs and their annoying offline wannabe cousins.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Cinematic 3rd person action games, modern tomb raider, last of us, uncharted etc. Mobas, tower defence games. JRPGs.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Survival-Horror.
Racing games. (The arcade ones are ok, not the "simulation" ones like gran turismo or forza)
MOBA
MMO

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Metroidvanias.

"Oh, cool. I can't go here yet."
"Oh cool, I now have to go back to that place I couldn't go to yet."

I just hate it so much.

I'm indifferent to non-skateboarding/snowboarding sports games, virtual card games, strategy RPGs, and sims, but I don't really hate them.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Roguelikes - losing progress and redoing stages isn't fun to me
RTS - too stressful and the barrier of entry before you can PVP effectively is way too high for my taste
Isometric games - too uninvolving in its presentation and my eyes can't handle as much reading as is required on a computer screen
Platformers - boring

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Metroidvanias
Soul's type games
Multiplayer only
Turn based rpg's
Sports
Point and click

Want to turn me off a game? Have any one of those terms listed in the game's description.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
MOBAs, hero shooters. Really anything that's MP only, in all honesty.

Basically, yeah. Anything multiplayer-only is really not my bag.

Also, shooters. I really don't like guns as a general rule unless they're really weird and wacky. I find the concept of "aim for weak point and hit shoot button" very dull mechanically.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
FPS, TPS, sports, racing, MOBA, anything based around competitive online play. Fighting games, real-time strategy. Those are the ones I tend to avoid these days.

Feb 8, 2018
Power up - Karting. They used to be ok personally decades ago with competitive players and over the years I read a lot of comments praising Sonic Racing transformed (or whatever it's called lol) But I think i'd be more interested in a mascot 3D platformer which surely also is not my favorite. And Creators/Strategy without true action elements.

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure that I inherently dislike roguelikes and massive open worlds.

Like, sure the vast majority of JRPGs are boring for me but that doesn't mean you can't turn a JRPG into a great game that I would enjoy (Chrono Trigger is amazing, etc.)

But when it comes to those two genres, I don't think there is a way for them to be made such that I thoroughly enjoy them, they will always leave a sour aftertaste no matter what is presented to me.