• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

"AC" means...

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 236 19.5%
  • Ace Combat

Votes: 30 2.5%
  • Assassin's Creed

Votes: 854 70.6%
  • Armored Core

Votes: 38 3.1%
  • Armor Class

Votes: 30 2.5%
  • Assetto Corsa

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Asheron's Call

Votes: 15 1.2%

• Total voters

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
AC will always mean Armored Core to me and I refuse to ever let that change
Armored Core rise up.

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif
Almost two dozen!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Air Conditioner is the first thing I think of. Thinking about it some more after that it would be Assassins Creed.

Oct 25, 2017
Advent Children or Assassin's Creed.
I always get confused when people are talking about Animal Crossing and it takes me a while to realize that's what they mean.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I never actually played Asheron's Call but that's what comes to mind about 50% of the time for me, the other 50% being Assassin's Creed.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I may be in my twenties but due to having a ps2 for 6 years as one of my mains gotta go ace combat

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Always going to be Armored Core for me. I don't particularly care for third person action games.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
assassin's creed even though i hate those games.

second would be Animal Crossing.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed, which is sad.

I don't hate the series but I wish some of these more worthy titles sprung to mind.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat... I mostly use it for Animal Crossing but I easily understand based on context what IP is refered to when AC is used.

This made me think of a dick post from a few months ago, someone here telling someone else who used AC for Animal Crossing : "the fuck are you on lmao ? AC doesn't mean Animal Crossing, it's universally used for Assassin's creed". Dude got confused that someone used AC for something that obviously wasn't Assassin's Creed and just didn't understood what he was talking about, so the other poster specified Animal Crossing, and so the Assassins dude for some reason got pissed off that AC was used for something not Assassin's Creed.

This poll really makes you realize how many IPs you could actually refer to when talking about AC.

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing and Armored Core.

Which is weird to me, because I played plenty of Assassin's Creed games, but never played a single one of the two I mentioned.

OP
OP
Rotobit

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat... I mostly use it for Animal Crossing but I easily understand based on context what IP is refered to when AC is used.

This made me think of a dick post from a few months ago, someone here telling someone else who used AC for Animal Crossing : "the fuck are you on lmao ? AC doesn't mean Animal Crossing, it's universally used for Assassin's creed". Dude got confused that someone used AC for something that obviously wasn't Assassin's Creed and just didn't understood what he was talking about, so the other poster specified Animal Crossing, and so the Assassins dude for some reason got pissed off that AC was used for something not Assassin's Creed.

This poll really makes you realize how many IPs you could actually refer to when talking about AC.

I actually remember that post too, it kinda inspired me to make this thread even tho it took me a long while to get around to it

Also I just realized I never posted my own thoughts. For me it basically goes -

Animal Crossing > Assassin's Creed > Advent Children (dunno why I didn't put this on the poll) > The Rest

I just started getting into D&D though so Armor Class could rocket up

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Asherons Call of course. Just don't make games like that anymore. I will never forget Darktide :)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
AC is Ace Combat to me.

Assassin's Creed will always be AssCreed. Or the alternative, AssCrud.