• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

"AC" means...

• Animal Crossing

Votes: 236 19.5%
  • Ace Combat

Votes: 30 2.5%
  • Assassin's Creed

Votes: 854 70.6%
  • Armored Core

Votes: 38 3.1%
  • Armor Class

Votes: 30 2.5%
  • Assetto Corsa

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Asheron's Call

Votes: 15 1.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing > Air Conditioner > Astral Chain >>>> Assasin's Creed (I see it more abbreviated around as "AssCred" or something like that)

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Era polls keep surprising me. I figured Assassins Creed would be number 1 given gaming side, but Armor Class being so low I didn't see coming. Granted it's early.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Assassin's Creed. It helps that there have been *checks stats* 1 billion different Assassin's Creed games between the two generations it has existed.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Ass Creed. But that is probably because I have never played the other stuff outside of Ace Combat and Armored Core and people don't really talk about those that much.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
AC will always be air conditioning but for gaming its that game with the templers and secret blades

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one day it would have been Ace Combat or Asheron's Call but Assassin's Creed is by far the most mainstream presence out of these and it gets talked about tons more nowadays, so I learned to associate it with that. Not unlike D2: for long it was Doom 2 for me, then Diablo 2, but nowadays it's obviously most used for Destiny 2.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Assassin's Creed but im biased because its one of my favorite franchises and I've never played an Animal Crossing game. The new one will be my first.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
s-l1000.jpg

Monolithsoft damn you
B )
Well yeah, depending on context but in gaming environment, it's assassin's Creed.
Hmm, not necessarily ?
That's the reason why there is a poll and different answers.
Can also be Animal Crossing, Astral Chain or whatever other words people have mentionned.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Air Conditioning in a general context. Armor Class in an RPG context. Assassin's Creed in a game name context.

PoE, I always think Path of Exile which is confusing since most people hear use it to refer to Pillars of Eternity.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Assassin's Creed although I can see me thinking more about Animal Crossing once I play a ton of that this spring.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
Assassin's Creed unless it has an arabic numeral next to it, then it's Ace Combat.
AC IV = Assassin's Creed IV
AC4 = Ace Combat 4

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing normally. If it has a number it's Ace Combat.

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed should never be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to its aggressive, belated land-grabs of signifiers that already have an established meaning. We might give a pass to the Greek game, which had an unimpeachable literary basis for generating a namespace collision with Super Mario Odyssey and was also developed in parallel, but you run into something like The Fate of Atlantis and there's no choice but to call out the tactic as ridiculous. Tom Nook would never stand for this sort of muscling into his search results, and AC will always mean Animal Crossing.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Your heart is in the right place, but even back when the game was current and Apolyton was still the big 4X hangout, it was more or less universally referred to as SMAC.

As for Alien Crossfire, don't ask.
Oh i know, it's just personally that's what comes to mind. Haven't thought of Apolyton in some years, thanks for the reminder.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Assassin's Creed. I don't know why when I've never enjoyed that series and Animal Crossing has been a big part of my gaming life.

It just is more commonly used that way by the mainstream I think

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Asherons Call, ha. Haven't heard that name in a long time. Who has the rights to that? Is it Microsoft still? Fun MMO.

As for the question. First thing I think of is Assassins Creed.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
Longtime D&D DM/player. Pen & paper is not video gaming, but it is gaming. And AC means Armor Class.

All those other poll option arrived at least, what, 2 decades too late to make any claim to the acronym.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a much bigger fan of Animal Crossing than Assassin's Creed and I still think of Assassin's Creed when I see "AC"