• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Not quite performance related but I'd like to be able to play PES2020 / 2021 with the fans going into meltdown.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro, base PS4. Started playing it but couldn't handle the frame pacing and stopped. Actually, do we have any reason to believe that the classic FROM frame pacing will go away with more power? Is it jank on Pro as well?

Also Control, but the upgrade kerfuffle kind of killed my motivation.

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018
Path of exile. The end game is really rough on a non pro ps4 and I really enjoyed the game until then.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Final Fantasy XV in pro mode.

Fallout 4 in pro mode.

The Last Guardian in pro mode.

God of war doesn't run bad but the uncapped framerate option on a 120hz display is something I can't wait to try.

Also sekiro with the uncapped frame rate option as well.

Excited to try Infamous: Second Son as it also has an uncapped frame rate and i'm pretty sure would look great in HDR.

Bloodborne from what I understand would require more work to implement 60fps as i believe the way the game tracks time is tied to 30fps. They would either have to decouple the clock from fps or have a toggle for each mode. Something that would require a lot of testing and i'm not sure they would release as a patch to the existing game.

Last edited:

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

I'd pay for a 60fps patch for this game on new consoles, but won't get it of course. Maybe for Breakpoint.

I'm playing this on Xbox with some friends who don't have gaming PCs, and it's such a struggle.
I'm used to playing it at 90+ fps on PC, and even there it's terribly optimized.

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
Avengers makes me feel sick on 4k mode on the X1X which is normally a sign of framerate issues, it's fine on 'performance' mode. Hopefully will be able to play it in 4k on the Series X.

I also only have a base PS4, so decided to wait for PS5 to play Days Gone as I only got it recently anyway.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
The Last Guardian.

I've noticed frame-rate drops in other games but the near continuous dropping in this game really spoiled a lot of it for me. Hopefully we'll get a 60fps mode on the PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Tekken ever going to get these patches the game needs so badly? I know nobody has the answers but it's just something I think about from time to time

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
PS5 - First games I will boot up:
  • Bloodborne - shouldn't be any different than on current PS4 Pro in Boost Mode which gets more consistent fps but still that Fromsoftware-stuttering, but it will be the first game I will start just to see if they put out any surprise update! (beyond wishful thinking)
  • Until Dawn - 35fps on PS4 Pro Boost Mode - will it reach 60?
  • The Evil Within - I just have to see if the 30 fps feels any smoother compared to PS4 Pro. I would be very grateful if anyone with a PS4 Pro and PS5 could do a comparison video later!
  • Monster Hunter World - Performance Mode 60fps. Should be playable on consoles for the first time!
  • Final Fantasy 15 - Performance Mode 60fps.
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Sekiro
  • Nier Automata
  • Dying Ligtht
  • RE5
  • RE2
  • No Man's Sky
  • Infamous: Second Son - 60fps Performance Mode
  • God of War - 60fps Performance Mode (looking forward to hear the PS5-noise level)
  • Oddworld: New 'n Tasty
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Just Cause 4
  • Abzu
  • Steep
  • Skater XL
I'm not into first-person-shooters but I have to try some COD or Battlefield 1 since many FPS-games has dynamic resolution options and they may look fantastic.

Games I won't launch:
  • Days Gone - I didn't notice much frame dips the whole game so I don't know what people are talking about. Had a blast playing it on Pro with SSD. The initial stage loading was long but fast traveling went fast. I'm too burned out on it but will definitely launch it if it ever gets a 60fps patch.
  • The Last Guardian - Not my favourite game. Played it in performance mode. Might try if I can bear with the Trico-jank.
  • Human Fall Flat - Please fix 60fps please!
Games I might wait buying or playing before I hear news on any PS5-version:
  • GTAV - Is it getting a 60fps re-release?
  • Witcher 3 - Waiting eagerly for the free sweet, sweet 60fps patch! :9
  • FF7 Remastered - if there are any rumors on any PS5-version I might wait.
  • Spiderman (confirmed)
  • Control (confirmed)
  • Death Stranding
  • TLOU2
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • RDR2
  • Ubisoft and Asscreed: I'm not that keen on giving money to Ubi but I'm counting on 60fps remasters of the later fantastic Asscreed games coming to PS5 which I'm looking forward to!
  • Fallout 76 demo and Fallout 4 please! Those should get 60 fps patches to PS5 but I have no hopes for it.
  • Mad Max - needs an 60fps patch! It's so fun in 60fps on PC with Dual Shock! A bit similar game to Days Gone in a good way!

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
This. Going to wait until CDPR releases the next gen patch/version before playing on Series X
Unfortunately you'll be waiting a long time. CDPR have said that they're hoping to get that patch out some time in 2021, but can't guarantee it.

I'm curious about AC Unity, Just Cause 3/4
AC Unity runs quite well in boost mode on the Pro.

Bloodborne deserves a polished, 60 fps, remastered/patch for PS5
Bloodborne never even got a Pro patch.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Most of Sony's exclusives - Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne and Days Gone in particular. Gears 4 and 5. Forza Horizon 3 and 4. I stopped playing Sniper Elite 3 because of its performance, but I'm not sure I'll go back. I might check out Far Cry 5 and Primal again if they get frame rate improvements.

There's a lot out current gen games that would be improved by a performance patch.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World on Xbox One X didn't run great. The performance mode fluctuated between 40-60 and sometimes dropped further. The resolution and graphics modes ran even worse (somewhere around 25-35 fps), while still targeting 60 fps. The Xbox Series X should give these titles quite a boost.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got Jedi Fallen Order on Xbox and PC last year. It was a very good (but not excellent) experience on PC where I managed over 60fps the majority of the time.

It felt sluggish on Xbox One X and I think that's a shame.

The silence on further optimization of the current gen version and any sort of news about a next gen optimization is kind of a bummer to me. I think it's a game that could very easily find a new audience with a much better performance profile on next gen. I hope it's coming.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely cant wait to play a version of jedi fallen order that runs smoothly. Marvels avengers on ps5 will hopefully be a smoother experience than what it is on ps4.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

have some bad news for you. unless they cap the fps to 60 this wont go away. Its an inherent problem with that engine.

Load up sekiro or dark souls 3 on pc. cap fps to 30 and look at frametimes. its the same issue. This engine just has problems at 30fps. at 60 there is no framepacing issue.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I love Warzone, but holy shit are the menus an absolute joke. You can't even view a custom built weapon for 10 seconds sometimes on a base PS4 / XB1. Cannot wait for the non-gameplay aspects of that game to function properly.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I don't know about crap, but I'm looking forward to playing Death Stranding on PS5 with a more stable framerate (many areas of the maps have stuttering on base PS4). 60fps would be nice but I'm not expecting that.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
AC Odyssey runs pretty okay on PS4 Pro, but I got into a huge fight yesterday, and my game turned into a slideshow. That was like the first time in my ~10 or so hours of playtime so far though. BUT the load times kill me and it's making me want to just upload a save file to the Cloud then resume on PS4.

Basically, I'm ready to go PS5 just for that sweet 1 second loading time.
Played 150 hours of Odyssey on PS4 Pro and I've only experienced that kind of issue when in a busy naval battle. Load times though... They are so bad and next gen is so close that I would just wait if you plan on getting a PS5 day one.

Here is another weird one that may make you want to wait to play it on PS5. If you plan on playing the fate of Atlantis DLC then know that if you ride your horse in Hades, you will come across streaming issues. Meaning that the game can't load the area fast enough so it pauses for like 5 seconds mid game while it loads the area. It is terrible.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
I actually watched a video on YouTube of someone emulating it on PC and it removes the blur filter... absolutely insanely better experience, no doubt.

Can't believe Nintendo (of ALL people) would allow that it to be finalized in that state.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just want all the bugs ironed out of Wasteland 3 and load times reduced. I don't even really care about the performance given that it's a turn based game, but improved performance would be nice too.

floorcrow

Feb 5, 2018
Witcher 3. Never played it, and now that there's a free PS5 upgrade i can't wait to experience it the "definitive" way