• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with the new year right around the corner I'm wondering what you all have already got pre-ordered. Either physical or digital.

Not much on my end, I've got the Ultimate Edition of Persona 5 Royal pre-orderd on PSN.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Absolutely nothing pre-ordered as I basically never do that but my watch/excited about and likely to buy list:

Cyberpunk 2077
FF7 Remake
Doom Eternal
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Spelunky 2

And a few late PC/Steam ports. If I find a game at 20% off release price for pre-order, I'll pick it up, otherwise what's the point. That pretty much never happens on PC.

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
FF7R because that amazon promo some months back. i think it came out to $40 or something

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Well, just Ori and the Will of the Wisps thanks to Gam Pass.. oh, and Dreams; already bought the EA so that counts

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Cyberpunk and The Last of Us 2. Preordering is free and I get some preorder goodies, so why not.

I'll preorder Animal Crossing New Horizons digitally whenever it goes up as well.

upandaway

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing is the only one. I don't really preorder but I got a good deal on it and I know I will 100% get it at launch anyway (and I wasn't charged yet)

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
None but I will probably pre order Cyberpunk in a couple months. I'm buying a physical PC copy just for the goodies inside. it's just a GOG code inside anyway.

i'll buy the digital version on PS4 so i can play right away because the PC version will take a while to arrive in the mail.

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom eternal
Ori and the will o wisp
Gears tactics
RE3
Vampires the masquerade bloodlines
Bleeding edge
Monster hunter icebourne
Death stranding

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Cyberpunk 2077 - Which is the first game I've pre-ordered since Mass Effect: Andromeda which itself was the first game I pre-ordered since SimCity '13 - which itself was the first game I pre-ordered since Spore which was the original game that made me realise pre-orders are a scam for the gullible (me). If my track record is anything to go by 2077 is going to be an awful disappointment, I'm sorry everyone.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Final Fantasy VII Remake Deluxe Edition, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Resident Evil 3 Collector's Edition, and The Last of Us Part II Deluxe Edition.

I cancelled Yakuza Collection, Doom Eternal, and Cyberpunk 2077 to clear the budget for RE3 Collector's. I will gladly buy them during summer or holiday sales later in 2020.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't pre-order anything but I'm definitely getting the new Animal Crossing (and a Switch) in March next year. ( ღ'ᴗ'ღ )

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just RE3 for now. I would've preordered FF7r by now but I still have several concerns about the game that would stop me from getting it if found out to be true.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I don't typically preorder games but I have had Animal Crossing pre ordered for close to a year. I preordered it and fire emblem at the same time.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I'll probably end up getting Doom and FFVII though...also Toko Mirage Sessions #FE is on my maaaaaybe list right now but seeing as I get all games digital I only bother preordering like a day or two out from release so I can preload.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
my watchlist for 2020 is

Total War: Warhammer 3
CP2077
Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok

as far as day-1 goes, there's more I'm interested in, mostly expiring EGS exclusives like Control and Outer Wilds, but I'll wait for sales on those. I think if expiring EGS exclusives try to release on steam at "full" price, that period won't last long and prices will drop quick.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
None, I'll most likely pick up TMS and Animal Crossing at launch.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Only Warcraft 3. I don't really bother with preordering since I'm still catching up with my backlog anyways.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Generally I pre order games I know I will want day 1 if I see them available at a cheaper price than buying them day of release.

While reviews are obviously helpful on games you are unsure of, there are plenty if games that I've known, regardless of reviews I'm going to want to play day, RE3 being an example on my current preorders, I also just know there is no way TLOU2 and Cyberpunk will get bad reviews. So there are definitely games you dont need to wait for someone else to tell you whether or not you want to play a game.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing yet. I don't preorder games usually. But i know i'll buy a few on release, like silksong, ff7 remake and tlou2.