• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
I've played most of my games more than once after completion, but not always a full playthrough again.

Those that I have completed more than once are:

Bloodborne.
A lot of playthroughs over the years, I never really get tired of it.

Dark Souls Remastered.
times. Im on a third at the moment.

Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin.
or 4 times, I can't remember. Needed that final pyromancy for the platinum.

Dark Souls 3.
Not sure, but a lot of different playthroughs with different builds.

God of War.
Just finished a second playthrough on NG+.

The Last of Us Remastered.
3 times I think. Missed one dialogue option on the last one, which was kind of a bummer.

The Order 1886.
2 or 3 times.

Resident Evil 7.
Not sure, but probably 10+.
I played through it for platinum with a friend over a couple of weeks.

Resident Evil Remake.
Same as with RE7, a lot of playthrougjs for the platinum.

Uncharted 4.
I think I did 3 or 4 on different difficulties.

Oct 27, 2017
Samorost 3
Pocket Card Jockey

And if it counts... Bayonetta 2 (I play through it every winter holiday season). I'll be getting the port on switch soon too

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Bloodborne is the only game I've played through multiple times. I've tried to go back and play games like Last of Us and Witcher 3, but without the draw of an unfolding narrative, it's tough to go back to games like that.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Are talking about games released during this generation or is any games you might have replayed during this gen?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 SOTFS, Dark Souls 3, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Virgina, Titanfall 2, Doom, Abzu, and Gone Home are all what come to mind off the top of my head.

I imagine i'll be playing Tetris Effect on and off for the next 20 years. I've also played the PS4 version of Dear Esther countless times, but that doesn't really count as a game of this generation, and i'd played the mod version and Source release before the Unity version.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Bloodborne (~15 times)
Dark Souls III (~10-15 times)
Dark Souls II: SotFS (2 platinums)
Hollow Knight (100%'d on release then 107%'d after The Grim Troupe)
Alien: Isolation (one playthrough where I did absolutely everything then another playthrough where I finished off what I needed for the platinum)
Ori and the Blind Forest (2 times for the base game and 1 for the definitive edition)
Shadow of the Colossus PS4 (however many times it took to get the platinum... 4 or 5 if I recall correctly?)
Until Dawn (3 times... and I've watched quite a few full playthroughs as well)
Salt and Sanctuary (3 times)

If we include older games that I just happened to replay multiple times this generation...

Dark Souls (twice a year at least... 4 times this year alone)
Demon's Souls (once a year)
Final Fantasy Tactics (once a year)
Half-Life 2 (once every couple years)

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Age Inquisition and this is old. So many party compositions to mess with and I'm not done.
CJs6WnM[\img]
CJs6WnM.jpg[\img]

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
i dont really have time to replay games these days, so the only ones from this gen are life is strange and uncharted 4. LiS because i felt like getting my first platinum and its an easy one, UC4 because i got the remaster trilogy and played them and then just decided to play that again after i played 1-3

MetalGear?

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I have never played a game once. If I finish it, that means I loved it, and that means starting another playthrough. Always love the second time around better.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised by the complete lack of Celeste in this thread!

It's THE game to replay for me, especially to see how many fewer deaths you get on repeated playthroughs, and just the joy of running through it so easily after having died thousands of times the first go.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Bayonetta 2
Bloodborne
Kid Icarus Uprising
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
Super Mario Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Wonderful 101

Jun 22, 2018
Halo 5 - 3 times
Quantum Break - 3 times
Sunset Overdrive - 2 times
Gears 4 - 2 times
Titanfall 2 - 2 times

As I'm writing this I'm realizing that they're almost all Xbox console exclusive games. Lol. I've enjoyed lots of Switch and PS4 games, but I can't think of a single one I've played through more than once.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Nier: Automata
Breath of the Wild
Every roguelike, but that's kind of cheating.

Richy78

Oct 27, 2017
Super Robot wars V, because of new game plus, love being op, will probably give SRW X a second play through when I'll be done with Dragon Quest XI.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Bloodborne (finished it at least 5 times)
Dark Souls III (also probably 5 times)
Soul Calibur VI (I played through Libra of Soul twice for the Platinum)
Titanfall 2
Destiny 2 (the main campaign in the base game at least, once on PC and once on PS4)
Resident Evil 7 (3 times)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (at least 4 times across PS4/PC/Switch)
Bayonetta 2, if that counts as this gen (4 times on Wii U and 2 times on Switch)
Undertale (2 times)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2 times, idek why)
The Evil Within 2 (like 4 or 5 full playthroughs, and got the Platinum)

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
It's a fast and loose thread, so whatever games you've replayed during this generation as well.
Thanks.

Bloodborne - A bit too many times actually.
Civilization 5 - That's the nature of the game.
Civilization 6 - Same as above.
Batman Arkham Knight - NG+
Borderlands 2 - It's just a very re-playable game.
Megaman Zero 1,2,3 and 4
Megaman Starforce 3
Megaman Battle Network 5
Sonic Generations
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Riders
Sonic Mania Plus - A lot.
Sonic CD
Super Mario Sunshine

There is probably more that I'm missing at the moment. I did notice that I've replayed way less games of the current generation. That's probably due to me having more income for new games which reduces the time for older games.

Recluse

Oct 25, 2017
Onechanbara ZII Chaos: about 10 times, but it's very short.
Fallout 4: Twice

That's it I think.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The Last of us Remastered x13
Destiny 2 x4
Uncharted 4 x3
The Witcher 3 x3 (planning #4 for plat)
Horizon Zero Dawn x3
The Lost Legacy x2
God of War x2

I have watsed over 1018 hours on The Last of Us Remastered according to the "My Ps4 Life" video. Jeez

Last edited:

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I think so far there's only Arkham Knight (didn't complete the second playthrough though).

But there are several I intend to replay in the future.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
The Witcher 3 is the only current gen game I've bought more than once physical and then digital. I have put more than 500 hours into them, not including the glorious DLC and I want to play it again sometime soon. It and RDR2 (which I will be replaying the SP again as well as it's MP) are the games of the generation without doubt.

Halo MCC, Halo 5 (by their MP nature and the SP campaigns) and I have put in at least a thousand or more hours into them collectively.

Uncharted Collection (Still trying to get Platinum for all of them so that'll be a while)

Surprisingly, Mutant Year Zero. I'm now on my second playthrough on the Very Hard, Iron Mutant mode (no manual saves and if nay teamamates dies in combat it's game over) and I'm loving it. I hated turn based, tactical games until this. Thank you Game Pass. : )

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i dont buy games to play them one time. with that being said, i've played nioh for over 962 hours on one playthrough supposedly, and i dont idle in game...i've probably played other games more but that's the one i recently recall because it clocks the time

Oct 31, 2017
Mario Odyssey
BotW
Hollow Knight
DOOM
Shovel Knight (and the other campaigns)
Destiny 2
Dark Souls 3
Steamworld Dig 2
A Link to the Past Randomizer
Sonic Mania

There are others but these are the ones I played through 3 or more times.

EDIT: A few people mentioned Celeste. Thank you, you just reminded me to pick it up for Switch before I have fly to America for the holidays next week. Was gonna spend the 14 hour flight on Smash but Celeste I could definitely do as well!

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Transistor is the only game I've actually repeat-played this gen. And not only that, I don't think I even waited. I just beat it and immediatley started over.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I usually only replay games after a long wait but this get, with fewer games of the type I like, I have been occasionally replaying games from this gen.

Quantum Break. I played this at launch on the OG X1 and liked it but went through it again earlier this year to see the 4K patch on the 1X. Skipped all the TV stuff since that was pretty meh.
Doom 2016- Got this at launch on PC even though the only PC I had access to at the time was sub min-spec. So most of my initial playthrough was less than ideal. Played about 1/3 again when I got a PC upgrade later in 2016. Just Played through again on 1X thanks to this landing on gamepass.
Titanfall 2- There's a reason everyone praises the campaign. So good.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
I think just Witcher 3 which I played through at least 3 times start to finish. Doing different choices, builds, NG+, DLCs, Mods and what not. I also kind of started up Divinity Original Sin 2 again but didn't get very far. I just very rarely have the motivation or time to play through stuff again once complete.

I guess Shadow of the Colossus if that counts since I've played through that many times over the years and played the remake this year. One of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Bloodborne.

About three times, I think?
I think that's the only one. One of the very few games where I can proudly say that I've seen it all and achieved 100% for the base game+DLC.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Titanfall 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Spider-Man

If I had more time I'd probably give Wolfenstein The New Colossus another go.