• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
We have threads about what we're playing but I wanted to know what games ERA is revisiting, and what spurred them on to go through it again.

I've had a pretty rough week personally speaking, and after this Pokemon news and the rumors of remakes next year, I decided I would start a replay of Pokemon Platinum tonight to cheer myself up. I've run through Sinnoh five times before between DP and Platinum, Chimchar and Piplup twice, so I figured I was due for a second run with Turtwig to close the loop. I've caught a Zubat and Psyduck and I'm heading to Oreburgh Gym. Platinum is essentially tied with HGSS for my favorite Pokemon game, so I'm pretty excited as I haven't played Platinum proper since 2010.

AshGambit

Sep 4, 2019
Had a hankering to play the Uncharted games again. Currently on 2 and amazed how well it holds up. Bluepoint did an excellent job.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Classic Doom. I find myself replaying it from time to time, right now I am putting some effort into speedrunning some individual levels on the new Unity ports (the Xbox One version in particular). Already tied a couple (easy) world records as there's not many people running on these versions yet.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I started streaming Outlast last night on my Twitch, since it's October and all. Having a blast.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
DOOM 2016 to get in the mood for Eternal bayyybee.
And I wont stop playing DMC 5 until DMC 6 but its less so replaying from the start as it is repeating the final boss and bloody palace.
Been wanting to play dead space 1 or 2 again for like the 8th time each.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Ultimate NES Remix
Left 4 Dead

and a lot of Shock Troopers as I'm getting ready for a record attempt in about a month.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
The Last of Us, the recent Part II coverage got me hankering to revisit it. Haven't played it since beating it when came out and am enjoying it again so far.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest! I played it on mobile, it's not a great game so there's no real reason for me to play it again...

But I thought it'd be a good way to prepare myself for DQXI.

Ocarina of Time as well. It's a really good game and compared to most other games of the PS1/64 era it's really got a lot of depth in terms of design. Love it in small doses, but I am finding myself burning out after an hour's session. To be honest after that it gets really boring. Compared to Links Awakening which I played for hours, I was quite surprised Ocarina didn't hold up quite so well.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Dragon Quest XI with the Switch port! It's also time for my yearly Ocarina of Time playthrough so I'm doing OoT 3D on Citra this time. Game looks so good in 1080p I really hope they bring it to Switch one day.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Right now I'm trying to 100% Super Mario Galaxy after having beaten it half a year ago, I still don't know if I will attempt the Luigi part though, or save it for even later.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Just started replaying Super Robot Wars V yesterday. I stopped playing the PS4 version back then somewhere in mission 30 or so.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Right now I'm trying to 100% Super Mario Galaxy after having beaten it half a year ago, I still don't know if I will attempt the Luigi part though, or save it for even later.

I would save it for when you feel like replaying it. It's essentially the same game with a slightly different controlling character.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Lufia 3 The Legends Returns on GBC. Not a great game but I love it (also Pokémon Prism but do romhacks count ? It's my favourite Pokémon experience on GBC)

Brakara

Sep 30, 2019
All the Puzzle Quest talk made me go back to the best game in the genre (it also is on sale on Steam): Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Idk about replaying but I never stopped playing XCOM 2 and Sekiro. I play them on and off while covering mainstream games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Going through FFX again because... Well, I'm not sure why. It's a nice game to revisit every now and then?

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The souls games since i got the trilogy boxset.
On 2 atm, still not great. Like i thought after all this time id find the criticism it gets a bit overblown but i do think it really deserves it.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished playing the remaster of Blood. Some of the most fun I've had playing games this year. I'm glad they cleaned up the remaster quite a bit and it's just a superb way to play it now, though there are a few remaining issues. Getting all the achievements was a great experience.

Currently working on Forsaken Remastered. I've played both the PC and N64 version before, so this version containing content from both is a real treat.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Trying to decide to play Xenogears or ffix again or actually play ff7 or 8. But xeno and 9 and some of my all time favorite games so I can't go wrong with either

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (through the 3DS remake; played the original twice in the past).

You probably know why.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, but I might replay Shadowrun: Dragonfall before Disco Elysium is out. I loved Hong Kong and never really gave DF a proper chance.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (through the 3DS remake; played the original twice in the past).

You probably know why.

F

Just finished playing the remaster of Blood. Some of the most fun I've had playing games this year. I'm glad they cleaned up the remaster quite a bit and it's just a superb way to play it now, though there are a few remaining issues. Getting all the achievements was a great experience.

Currently working on Forsaken Remastered. I've played both the PC and N64 version before, so this version containing content from both is a real treat.

Holy crap, I completely forgot Forsaken was a thing. I had no idea they remastered it!

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest XI on Switch if that counts, also just finished replaying DQ I - III on iOS.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Pathfinder kingmaker, mainly because it was so broken and busted when it came out. Got all the dlc and working back through it, I'm having a much better time.

Oct 27, 2017
Doom 2016. Recently finished Doom 1 & 3, and had an urge to re-play 2016. I also have Doom 2 installed and will buy 64 and Eternal as soon as they're out.

It's easily my favourite game of this generation, alongside Alien Isolation.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Bully. It's my favorite Rockstar game & I still find the story & characters enjoyable.
Tomodatchi Life. for some reason I like resetting the game & building the island one Mii at a time.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i replayed VVVVVV yesterday on steam (i had previously played it on mobile), finished the game and got all trinkets in ~2 hours.
fantastic experience, definitely one of the best indie games ever made.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I decided to replay all the bioshock games since I haven't touched the remasters. Only played each game once upon release of the original.

Took a while to get through, but i loved the experience. A fantastic series. Love all 3 games.... yes even Infinite

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Ni No Kuni. Was watching quite a few videos to decide whether I should buy it again on PS4...made me dust off my PS3 to play it again :)

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I am currently replaying Ryse in an attempt to find all the collectibles that I missed during my previous playthroughs.

On Legendary difficulty it has tangible gameplay and the visuals still impress me despite it being a non-X-enhanced launch game. I also think that just adding a bit more enemy variety and a slightly more compelling story and characters could do wonders for a potential successor. It's probably not happening, but just working on the weaknesses and otherwise providing more of the same in the same outstanding visual quality could lift this to another tentpole IP.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Shenmue 3's recent turn into a worthy sequel has me replaying 1&2 to get ready. They were some of my favorite childhood games but I hadn't touched them since because I didn't want to ruin the magic and the memories, but it turns out I'm not ruining anything, they're as impressive and magical as ever.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

I have been pleasantly surprised by this game. It's good fun to run through again. I don't usually do that but it's one of those games you can just chill I'm out with.

I think I'm also going to start a LA hero mode play through.

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
Arkham Knight.
It's set during Halloween so I think it's fitting.
After that I'm gonna replay Bloodborne,
Then hopefully round out the month with RE7