• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am personally playing:

- Wipeout Omega Collection (PS4): the last game on my schedule for this year. I am enjoying the game way more than I thought mainly due to the killer soundtrack and also the challenge itself that is controlling the ships, especially in the first game.
- Yoshi´s Island (Nintendo Switch Online SNES app): I discovered this game not long ago and I think it somehows matches the tone and atmosphere of these festivities. It´s relaxing to play in handheld mode next to the Christmas tree, when lying in sofa :)

It´s not my case, but I guess some people will have the custom of playing certain games when this time of the year arrives. If this is your case, I am really willing to read the reasons why you do so. Is there any emotional link to these games?

Also, this is my personal message to say Merry Christmas to all the mods, gamers and developers.

For a 2020 full of great videogames!!

2027086_0.jpg

Last edited:

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Spiderman (PS4). I picked up the slim bundle over Thanksgiving, playing through this first because it's the exclusive that interests me the most. Just got the point where
Otto Breaks his bros out of the prison.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Absolutely brilliant, I can't believe it took me so long to play this game.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Bought it early this year but I'm just now getting back to it again. I love the christmas theme they have right now :)

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Probably Ni No Kuni, Romancing Saga 3 or some other Switch game since I'll be on the go visiting family.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Bought it on release day, but it had a few games ahead of it in my queue (Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening). I played through LM1 and 2 on the 3DS and enjoyed both. The former is ironic since I own it on GameCube, but never got all the way through it.

I might try and revisit ReCore after seeing someone's thread on the game. I did enjoy playing it. I think I just got frustrated by needing more cores to reach the end and ran out of easy-to-get ones.

I should also finally finish Blood & Truth, and I kind of want to replay Moss. I haven't touched my PSVR headset in about a month.

Chrizzy_81

Oct 28, 2017
England
I'm going to try and finish Star wars:Jedi fallen order. On a bit of a star wars kick at the moment, what with the mandolorian and new film out, kinda feels appropriate.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Telltale Batman, both seasons.

Since Tim Burton I always associate Batman with Christmas.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
nothing really

maybe control

I got a case of sore throat and cough

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Getting a Switch tomorrow from my girlfriend but have no idea what games I'll be getting, if any.

Probably something on that though.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3! Made my way to the 11th floor and the game is perfect for the whole family to huddle around and enjoy.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to give Dragon Age Inquisition yet another chance two weeks ago, and now I'm roughly 40 hours into my new playthrough. It's a deeply flawed game with some seriously infuriating game design, but I'm finally feeling it.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of Slay the Spire on the Switch lately. It's got its hooks in me pretty deep. A wonderful game that everyone should check out.

Other than that, I've though about trying to get into Divinity: Original Sin again. Maybe I'll get past that tutorial dungeon this time.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
- Modern Warfare 2019. I've been enjoying it and playing it daily.
- UFC 3. Just bought it on sale.

Kind of want to continue Witcher 3 after watching the Netflix show. I was 45ish hours into it last year but am afraid to go back because I've forgotten a lot.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Sekiro: Shadows die twice! Looking forward to this one the most, itching for some from software right now. I'll also play Mortal Kombat 11 and Dragon Ball Fighterz.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I brought my Switch to my cousin's, so we're playing some Smash and NBA Playgrounds 2, and a bit of Arms.

And my Christmas present will be SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays, so tomorrow I'll be playing that.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Mostly VR games and "experiences" on my Christmas present - Oculus Rift S. It's essentially like buying a new console as it unlocks a whole new library of possibilities.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Disco Elysium and some Earth Defense Force 5, got to protect our mother earth from any alien attack. Even on christmas

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Life is Strange 2.

I've cried multiple times already. Finished the first two episodes. This is going to be a rough few days. :p

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter V to pass the time until the festivities begin. Then later at night, Iron Saga on mobile as the auto battles make it so I won't have to pay attention while farming.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Witcher 3: because the show is out and it made me finally take the plunge (switch version)
Gato Roboto: because it's awesome
Layton's Mystery Journey: because it's the "quietest" game I've got for the in bed session.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing Life is Strange 2 today. I never knew the second episode was set during the festive period. It's made the game that little bit more cosy to play.

I also just started Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Again, the snow setting fits in nicely for this time of year.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Sekiro

no reason why...just that's what i'm playing.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i never played final fantasy 9 before

i bought it and downloaded it last night

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna keep playing Jedi: Fallen Order. Been mostly enjoying it, despite the myriad technical issues. Might bump down the difficulty to Jedi Knight to get through it quicker though.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Iceborne because I got MHW only 4 weeks ago and holy shit it is good...i have not touched or purchased any other game since i picked it up.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
HITMAN 2

No reason lol, probably gonna replay the "You Better Watch Out" level in Blood Money too.

maxresdefault.jpg

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finishing off Axiom Verge before moving on to Control which I'll be opening up tomorrow!

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Resident evil 2, division 2, maybe metro exodus. Might try bloodborne again. But, if I get Star Wars Jedi fallen order, that will take priority

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I've held off on Shenmue III for Christmas. I only have the one day off, but I wanted it at my end-of-year game. I already have a few hours into it and I'm really liking it so far. I kow most people, even Shenmue fans, are kinda down on the game, but so far it's pretty much what I hoped it'd be.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Wrapping up AC:Origins + Spiderman
I have been playin AC since over a year now. I only get to play an hour or two over weekends. I am finally near the end. The story is serviceable as usual but the gameplay loop is very addicting.

I got Spider-Man to be palate cleanser after chronic Ubisoft gameplay loop, but lol, it's very much ubi-esque. But I love everything Spider-Man, so I don't mind.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Trying to get through my backlog over my final Winter Break (graduating college in the spring) as I doubt I'll ever have a month off again to get through it.
I've beaten Celeste and Luigi's Mansion 3 so far, but I'm looking to beat Wind Waker for the first time next.

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
Quantum Break because it's the only Remedy game I've never played before and got it cheaply on Steam. Finished act 1 and I really dig it. Supposedly the beginning is the worst part, so I hope I'm in for a ride.
Also Resident Evil 2 Remake, which I really wanted to play for quite some time now. Got to the garage as Leon yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Wrapped up Luigi's Mansion 3 and started Mario World (NSW Online) on the Switch. Likely will grab Dragon Quest XIS as my next venture there, but otherwise I'm returning to old consoles to wrap up long unfinished games: Pikmin 3 + LM2 are first up.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Over this Xmas week it'll be a rotation of:

Fallen Order
Modern Warfare
Final Fantasy VII (the port)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Ghostbusters The Video Game

(The last two were snagged in recent PSN sales)

Enjoying myself a lot and with my broader backlog, I genuinely think I'll be set now until FFVII Remake and RE3 Remake in three months or so

Bran

Oct 25, 2017
ESP Ra.De. Psi (PS4) - The port just came out on PS4/Switch last week, so the disc is still in my PS4. I think the game takes place on Christmas Eve, too, so... 🤔

Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - I remember playing this during the holidays growing up, so I feel like doing another playthrough instead of my usual winter Mass Effect run.

Usually I like doing a mix of games that are Christmas-/snow-themed and ones that released in winter since those also give me Christmas feels.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Probably gonna keep on playing Trails of the Sky 3rd just like I've been doing for the past week.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
My backlog is like 20+ games. I'm gonna try to get through TW2 on Xbox One X (4K) and then hopefully Life is Strange before the storm which was on sale for a few bucks. After that I have TW3, Fallen Order, Death Stranding, RDR2, Days Gone, Prey, the list goes on. Will probably take me until March of next year to get through most of these.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
I'll probably keep plonking away at Into the Breach and possibly Baba is You; technically, I've beaten both of them, but there's still a lot left to do. After all the shopping and whatnot is done, I'm typically very tired during the actual holidays (being out of town doesn't help, either), and prefer to play games that I'm already in the middle of and/or have little to no story.

Oct 28, 2017
Beerse, Belgium
I've been going through my backlog the last couple of months, alternating between new games and continuing playing games i didn't finish. I picked up Mass Effect Andromeda again so probably that one.