• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Series X
Cyperpunk 2077
Yakuza Way of the Dragon
AC Valhalla
(The Medium if available?)
Upgrades
Madden 21 I can't wait to see them fuck this up )
Watch Dogs Legion I will be waiting for this
NBA2K21 keeping hope it's going to make a difference

PS5
Demon Souls I bought a PS5 day one for this
Miles possibly I own Spider Man it's in my backlog
Upgrades
The Avengers

My 2020 backlog is strong so hopefully improvements in those

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls(PS5)
Cyberpunk (XSX)
Spidey Miles Ultimate Edition (PS5)
DMC5SE(XSX)

Also some Destiny Beyond Light on Game Pass.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
On PS5 probably just Miles Morales at launch, games are still too expensive so I can wait for them to drop a little, Demon's Souls eventually but I doubt that will drop in price too much in the first month.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
Definitely AC Valhalla. I'm a huge fan of the series, got the first game on launch day.

Beyond that, if The Medium comes out in the first month, I definitely want that.

Otherwise I'll probably sink a bunch of time into Destiny 2 and enjoy it at 4k 60fps.

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk is the big game for me.

I'm also curious how current gen game's run on the new hardware. I'm a big Warzone fan and play that almost daily. Wondering what load times and frame rate improvements we'll see.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Souls is probably the only one for sure.

Yakuza 7 is also moreso on my radar but I know I won't have time for it/not sure how the PS5 stuff is going to shake out.

I'm probably getting Miles+Spiderman for my son on Xmas.

After that probably waiting for Horizon or GT.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's and Miles right away. Ratchet whenever that comes out, hopefully not too much later after launch though I doubt that's first month.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely:
Miles Morales
Demon's Souls

Maybe:
AC Valhalla (most likely will wait for a sale)
Yakuza 7 (most likely will wait for PS5 patch/version)

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
Cyberpunk, demon souls, and miles morales.

I will almost certainly get lost in cyberpunk first.
Between the 3 of them and show our three ps collection I have now played before, I am going to be all set for months.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Miles
Assassin's Creed
Cyberpunk

I am debating Destruction Derby but seems more like a wait for PS+ game

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Demon Souls, Miles, and possibly Cyberpunk. Maybe. We'll see.

But definitely the first two. They are already pre-ordered.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk and whatever is on game pass.

Still considering whether I'm going to drop $70 on Demon's Souls or wait.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition
Demon's Souls
Destruction All Stars
AC Valhalla
Cyberpunk 2077
Watch Dogs Legion

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
I might as well ask here, anyone have or know where I can go to get a list of Launch window gamepass games? I read The Medium was suppose to be one. What other noteworthy ones are coming?

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Definitive:
Demons Souls

Tentative: (Have an Amazon preorder in for $50, will likely keep it, but part of me is thinking of waiting on the true next gen version next year)
Cyberpunk 2077

Watchlist: (Pretty much waiting for a sale at $40 or less.)
Watch Dogs Legion
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Current Gen Watchlist: (Will probably get both of these on launch to show support and play them but backwards Compatibility)
Trails of Cold Steel IV
Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls is a lock and I'll probably be replaying several PS4 games after. The new perk with PS+ is also giving me access to several titles I never bother with, so those will keep me busy too.

Godfall is possible as well, but I need the hard sell to be convinced to jump in. Art style aside, it's looked a little drab so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Same here, on PS5. I'd been thinking of getting Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, but the more I think about it the less of a good idea it seems. I've already got Origins and Odyssey to play (but have barely started both) and by the time I get to Valhalla it probably will be cheaper. Will probably just stick to backlog titles or (if I can rent it in time) Mafia: Definitive Edition.
I gotta say, I kinda felt bad after I've written that. There are a lot of guys who wanted one and didn't get one. I am lucky enough to be getting one day 1 and not even playing anything on it.

I still remember when getting a Game Boy or a SNES was the best thing ever (SNES, Mario World and Zelda LttP on Christmas, I'll never forget it), and now it's like getting a new phone. Play around with it, check the speed and new options like any other new gadget.

Jan 9, 2018
Ps5
Spider-Man
Demons souls
Bugsnax
Sack boy adventure
GodFall

Xbox series X
cyberpunk
Assassins creed Valhalla
Call of duty Cold War
The medium (game pass)
Yakuza (gamepass)
NBA 2k21
Madden 21
Watch dogs legion

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yes
Spider-Miles PS4
Whatever is on Game Pass PC

Maybe
Dirt 5
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Cyberpunk 2077 (if it's not full of transphobia and stuff)
Watch Dogs Legion (if I get the Nvidia code before it expires)

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Honestly not a damn clue. Series X and gamepass?

It's why I'm not sure whether or not I'll keep the pre-order. I'm not even getting COD on console.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, I kinda felt bad after I've written that. There are a lot of guys who wanted one and didn't get one. I am lucky enough to be getting one day 1 and not even playing anything on it.

I still remember when getting a Game Boy or a SNES was the best thing ever (SNES, Mario World and Zelda LttP on Christmas, I'll never forget it), and now it's like getting a new phone. Play around with it, check the speed and new options like any other new gadget.

I don't think you need to feel so bad. As long as you're having fun with the system, that's the important thing. And the advantage is, even if there isn't a game for you now, at some point there will be, and in the meantime you can play the PS4 titles instead of just leaving it sitting there gathering dust.

Part of the reason I got a PS5 was because I don't think there'll be price drops before BF 2021 (when I planned to buy), and I'd still want to have a PS system for multiplats, so it made sense to just jump in head first. I know I'll use it a bunch, and the SSD (at the very least) will make for a more pleasant experience with faster responsiveness and load times. If that means not jumping in on next gen games ASAP I'm okay with that. They'll still be there when I can get them.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Certain.
  • Demon Soul's
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Cyberpunk 2077
Depending on reviews, 2-3 of the games below
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Call of Duty Cold War
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Destruction All Stars
  • Falconeer
Game Pass
  • GP backlog

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't think you need to feel so bad. As long as you're having fun with the system, that's the important thing. And the advantage is, even if there isn't a game for you now, at some point there will be, and in the meantime you can play the PS4 titles instead of just leaving it sitting there gathering dust.

Part of the reason I got a PS5 was because I don't think there'll be price drops before BF 2021 (when I planned to buy), and I'd still want to have a PS system for multiplats, so it made sense to just jump in head first. I know I'll use it a bunch, and the SSD (at the very least) will make for a more pleasant experience with faster responsiveness and load times. If that means not jumping in on next gen games ASAP I'm okay with that. They'll still be there when I can get them.
Yea, the SSDs will be a big thing that shouldn't be one. It's like browsing through my games library and then thinking "hey, I could play this for a few minutes, oh but I only have it on disc, what a hassle to find the disc and put it in and replace it again afterwards". It shouldn't be a factor, but it totally is. And it's the same when you're coming from PC and are used to 4-5 seconds fast travel times in the Witcher; really makes you not play a game like this on a console any more.
These SSDs and the improved resume features will completely change all that.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077 for PS5

I think this game should last me long enough. Also didn't finish GoT and TLOU2 yet.

Might slip Miles Morales in there.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Miles Morales

Depending on how quick I finish it, Yakuza 7.

Depending on how that goes, maybe Watchdogs but I'm not sure yet.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Demon's Souls
Cyberpunk
Gears Tactics (Game Pass)
Tetris Effect (Game Pass)

Watch Dogs and Yakuza are on my radar, but I won't have time to play them until later.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Miles Morales
Ghost of Tsushima if its getting a ps5 patch of some sort
And probably an indie game of some sort. I'm sure there's at least something launching that month for ps5

I'll probably ask for Demons Souls for Christmas

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Nov:
Miles Morales
Cyberpunk 2077

Dec:
Bugsnax
Immortals: Fenyx Rising

Could grab Ghost of Tsushima if goes for a decent price on PSN for Black Friday.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Stupid question and sorry if it's on here somewhere, but is their a list of what the launch games are for both consoles?

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Watchdogs 3, spider man and cyberpunk assuming they all get great reviews. If cyberpunk doesn't deliver then I'll swap it out for Valhalla. I know watchdogs comes out in october.

If cyberpunk is great I will either be picking valhalla or gods and monsters in December.

Demons souls is the kind of game I want to play in the dead of winter.

Forgot to mention os the gold edition or whatever of assassins creed gets a price cut for black Friday or whagever I'll grab that first.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Launch month:
Astro (comes with the console)
SpiderMan MM Ultimate
Demons Souls
Sackboy
Control Ultimate
Bugsnax

2021:
Horizon Forbidden West
GoW Ragnarok
Gran Turismo 7
Stray
Returnal
Kena: Brige of Spirits
Ghostwire: Tokyo

Was also thinking about getting Cyberpunk and FF16, but I probably won't, way too may other games I'll just have accumulated a backlog. And there's probably a few I'm forgetting.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Have both preordered and still no idea what I am getting...really wanna see Digital Foundry analysis on multiplatform games...I'm guessing they will look/perform better on X...but want to confirm...

Big Tex

Oct 28, 2017
I played Bloodborne (my first Soul's game, besides Kings Field) when it went free on PSN. I really dug the concept of the combat, but the difficulty and animation locking really got to me. Is Demon's Soul any better in this regard? The demo I saw looked much tamer.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
Cyberpunk
GamePass.

Could be AC Valhalla, but last Acs had that pay to win strategies from ubi, I don't want to endorse that not even a second for a full price game.