• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
There's a few I'd like to see; Dragon's Dogma 2, Mario Odyssey 2, and a few pipe dreams like GTA6 or HL3 (I think both are happening, but I don't think we'll see them next year)

But for the most part I'd like to see some older games re-released, Paper Mario 1 and TTYD for example. Earthbound and Rare Replay on switch are my too most hopeful ports

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'd love for a new DKC to be announced - 2D / 3D I don't care but it needs the return of the Kremlings.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
F*ck it, sometimes all you can hope for is a miracle...

The darkness 3 oh and a new PC/console Deus Ex.

Realistically, Mafia 4

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted a Dead Space succesor announced, but that already happened with The Callisto Protocol. And I wanted a game in which I explore the ruins of an alient civilization, an itch Returnal seems to scratch.

So I guess Naughty Dog's Savage Starlight or something in that vein. And Silent Hill.

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
A proper GOW Ragnarok Announcement
New KH game
FFVII Remake Part 2
New ND's IP teaser
Crash for Smash

I'm happy with that really

oh, a 60 fps patch for Bloodborne, TLOU2 and 7 Remake for Ps5

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I have more than what I need for 2021 announced. What I would like for beyond that is a BioShock reveal, a real one. Then Ken Levine's game (finally), and a new Donkey Kong Country game.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just hoping for more news on GemaYue new games and some sort of info on the new Etrian Odyssey. Or PC ports of the later old entries.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Perfect....oh wait....

Eh.... in good, although Conker would be nice. I'd like to see TLOU2 factions, and maybe titanfall 3?

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
In an ideal world, it would be Xenoblade X2. But I'm expecting a new Xenoblade game announcement sometime next year for a release in mid-2022.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for a concrete announcement about the next chapter of the FF7 Remake, whatever that ends up being.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly? I have my plan for the next 1-2 years already scheduled, so I don't really need to have more announcements soon.
I just need 2021-2022 confirmations and more details of already announced games: FFXVI, Elden Ring, GOW:R, Silksong, BotW2, Project: ReFantasy, Project Awakening.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Tetsuya Nomura says there will be a "small break" for Kingdom Hearts announcements, working toward KH 20th Anniversary announcements for 2022

Dengeki Online recently had the opportunity to interview Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura. In the interview, Nomura shared his thoughts about next-gen consoles and the KH series leading up to the 20th anniversary! First, Nomura says new titles for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S are...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to the next big Sonic game. After Forces I'm expecting a bold new direction and I'm excited to see what we get. Good or bad, I expect a splash to be made.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
EO2cvL8XUAAQJGS.jpg

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017

Tetsuya Nomura says there will be a "small break" for Kingdom Hearts announcements, working toward KH 20th Anniversary announcements for 2022

Dengeki Online recently had the opportunity to interview Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura. In the interview, Nomura shared his thoughts about next-gen consoles and the KH series leading up to the 20th anniversary! First, Nomura says new titles for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S are...
Hyuck. I'm fine with that.

Hoping VII Remake will release sooner, it needs too.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Now that Forgotten Empires have opened the floodgates, I'm gonna be wanting more Age of Empires II expansion announcements every year, haha.

Jun 20, 2018
GTA VI and a Splinter Cell that takes it back to how it started out, similar to how we got Hitman 2016 despite that style of game seemingly being lost due to Absolution.

Jul 24, 2020
Huh? Nintendo has created/funded multiple new IPs over the last decade: Xenoblade, Splatoon, ARMS, Ring Fit Adventure, Astral Chain, etc.

Eh... Xenoblade is all the back in June 2010 based off an existing property but sure sure. You still have just named 5 IP in 10 years.

Compare that to Sony new original IP this decade. The Last of Us. That's You. Fat Princess. Firewall. Gravity Rush. Soul Sacrifice. Super Stardust. Astro. Bloodborne. Drawn to Death. Ghosts. Tomorrow Children. The Order. Driveclub. Dreams. Bugsnacks. Knack. Last Guardian. Little Deviants. Beyond Two Souls. Until Dawn. Horizon. Tearaway. Detroit and Death Stranding sort of. I haven't listed them all mind you.

Last edited:

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Mario Odyssey 2 and something for Persona 3. A remake would be the amazing but a port to relevant platforms will do.

Oh and Titanfall 3, but honestly the first two suggestions seem more realistic than another Titanfall, with Respawn having their hands full with Apex and Star Wars.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Kojima's next game, mostly. Industry events just aren't the same without Kojima trailers.

I would also take TLOU Part III.

Underlying Radar

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2020
Just gimme 60fps for games on the PS5 that are destined for it - Bloodborne, FF7R, Death Stranding, TLOU2, RDR2. Anything else is a bonus.

Cyberpunk 2077 for next-gen, Ratchet & Clank, Deathloop, the new GOW and Horizon... all of that'd do me for a long time.

nikwhatsup

Jun 15, 2018
New Splinter Cell or perhaps a remake of the first game in the series by bluepoint.

GTA VI obviously.

The Darkness 3

Silent Hill

Fallout 5

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not? I don't keep up with Nintendo stuff as much as others but it's been 3 years since Odyssey. If anything I'd imagine next year is exactly the time they'll announce a new one.

i guess just looking at 3d all stars and 3d world deluxe about 6 months apart. Yeah, they are ports. Nintendo might feel like its too much 3d mario in too short a time, and 3d mario games are meant to be event level games Like a brand new zelda or gta.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
New IP from Naughty Dog or Sony WWS in general would be a nice touch to 2021. As much as I like some of their current franchises it has become a bit stale as of late

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
That fantasy game from Atlus, Re:Fantasy? or something. i always thought it sounded like a placeholder name whatever it was. More just to see Atlus do something fresh.

And Dragon Quest 12.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Eh... Xenoblade is all the back in June 2010 based off an existing property but sure sure. You still have just named 5 IP in 10 years.

Compare that to Sony new original IP this decade. The Last of Us. That's You. Fat Princess. Firewall. Gravity Rush. Soul Sacrifice. Super Stardust. Astro. Bloodborne. Drawn to Death. Ghosts. Tomorrow Children. The Order. Driveclub. Dreams. Bugsnacks. Knack. Last Guardian. Little Deviants. Beyond Two Souls. Until Dawn. Horizon. Tearaway. Detroit and Death Stranding sort of. I haven't listed them all mind you.

For all intents and purposes, Xenoblade is a separate IP from Xenogears and Xenosaga, even if it borrows/reuses concepts from Xenogears and Xenosaga.

Nintendo has also produced more IPs (albeit lesser known) beyond what I previously listed. It doesn't matter how much more Sony has made in comparison to Nintendo, it's disingenuous to say they haven't developed a new IP in the last 10 years.

Jul 24, 2020
For all intents and purposes, Xenoblade is a separate IP from Xenogears and Xenosaga, even if it borrows/reuses concepts from Xenogears and Xenosaga.

Nintendo has also produced more IPs (albeit lesser known) beyond what I previously listed. It doesn't matter how much more Sony has made in comparison to Nintendo, it's disingenuous to say they haven't developed a new IP in the last 10 years.

I didn't say that. I said it was lacking.

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
I don't know if there will be many announcements after all the delays this year... I expect maybe Dragons Dogma 2 by Capcom and perhaps more than a logo in Metroid Prime 4 or Bayonetta 3... for me a logo doesn't count as an announcement...

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Sonic Mania 2
Sonic Adventure 3
Mega Man X9
Panzer Dragoon Saga remake or remaster
Skies of Arcadia remake or remaster
Valkyria Chronicles 5
Age of Mythology 2

Those would all be day one collector edition buys for me.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see Remedy's next big game; the one they're partnering with Epic for. It was in pre-production at the time the partnership was announced but the idea had apparently been brewing for years.