• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I've tried to find a list as I think it's important to know before pre-ordering but can't seem to find one.
To the best of my knowledge its:
  • Watch Dogs: Legion - 29th Oct
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
  • Dirt 5 - 6th Nov - 30th Oct
  • Xbox Series S / X Console Launch - 10th Nov
  • Gears Tactics [Gamepass][Console Exclusive] - 10th Nov
  • Tetris Effect Connected [Gamepass][Console Exclusive] - 10th Nov
  • The Falconeer - [Console Exclusive] 10th Nov
  • Haven [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • Destiny 2: Beyond Light [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • Fuser - 10th Nov
  • Asassins Creed Valhalla - 10th Nov
  • XIII - 10th Nov
  • Just Dance 2021- 12th Nov
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - 13th Nov
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - 13th Nov
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon Day Ichi Edition - 13th Nov
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - 19th Nov

• The Medium - [Gamepass][Console Exclusive] 2020
  • Call of the Sea - [Gamepass][Console Exclusive] 2020
  • 12 minutes - [Console Exclusive] 2020
  • The Ascent - [Console Exclusive] 2020
  • Second Extinction - [Console Exclusive] 2020
  • Crossfire X - [Console Exclusive] 2020
What am I missing Era?

Edit: I'll update as you suggest & correct.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
I'm idly curious if MS will have a specific game they try and push with the Xbox considering halo is delayed or if they'll just push game pass.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Tetris Effect.

CoD, I believe.

Possibly CrossfireX, although I don't know if Remedy have committed to a date.

And I don't think the Falconeer will be on GP?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to find a list as I think it's important to know before pre-ordering but can't seem to find one.
Xbox Series S / X Launch
  • Gears Tactics [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • Tetris Effect Connected [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • The Falconeer [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • Fuser - 10th Nov
  • XIII - 10th Nov
What am I missing Era?

The Medium
Second Extinction
Call of the Sea
12 minutes
The Ascent
Crossfire X

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, 12 minutes too? Quite a few games to play when I pick up my Series X. Much better then X1 for me. Thought Ryse was bad and DR3 was forgettable.

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What am I missing Era?

First week:

* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Assassin's Creed: Valhalla ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/assassins-creed-valhalla/9p4njfh17mrt) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Dirt 5 ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dirt-5/9pjgm0t0827v) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - The Falconeer (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, ID@Xbox)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [FIFA 21 ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ea-sports-fifa-21-xbox-series-x/9pllm41kb8t2) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Dual Entitlement)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Forza Horizon 4 ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4/9pnqkhfld2wq) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Gears 5 ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-5/c2kdnlt2h7dm) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Gears Tactics ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-tactics-xbox/9pfn8j3v7g54) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - Haven (4K Ultra HD, Game Pass)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Madden NFL 21](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/madden-nfl-21-xbox-series-x/9nw6rjdfkv5v) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Dual Entitlement)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Marvel's Avengers ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/marvels-avengers/brx6hs1g5cdk) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [NBA 2K21 ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nba-2k21-next-generation/9pkd9696652s) (4K Ultra HD, HDR)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Ori and the Will of the Wisps ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ori-and-the-will-of-the-wisps/9N8CD0XZKLP4) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Sea of Thieves ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/sea-of-thieves/9p2n57mc619k) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive, Game Pass)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - Tetris Effect: Connected (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Game Pass, ID@Xbox)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Watch Dogs: Legion ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/watch-dogs-legion/c1wrx8zd77m9) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, Ray Tracing, Smart Delivery)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [WRC 9 ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wrc-9-fia-world-rally-championship/9nj3r4fn60rr) (4K Ultra HD, Smart Delivery)
* November 10, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Yakuza: Like a Dragon ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/yakuza-like-a-dragon/9nxcswcqtnfg) (Smart Delivery)
* November 12, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - Just Dance 2021 (Smart Delivery)
* November 13, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - [Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War ](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-cross-gen-bundle/9mv5sg2qhx8w) (4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS Ray Tracing)
* November 17, 2020 (Sao Paulo) - Fortnite: The Last Laugh (4K Ultra HD)

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Sorry I know it's not the right thread, but are eneloops still agreed to be the best batteries for an Xbox one controller? Just trying to scope out some good batteries for the Series X Controller

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That seems like a pretty subpar lineup, to be honest.
It's not great but probably better than last gen, where everyone was basically playing AC Black Flag because everything else sucked so bad. Resogun saved things for me to an extent, I feel like The Ascent might be the game to evoke those feelings if it hits launch.

And at least we have BC this time around. Was pretty depressing going from PS3/360 with my huge digital libraries last gen to.. a couple of games. The beauty this gen is that even if someone hasn't owned Xbox before, they have access to a boatload of great content with Game Pass on day one. We'll have to see just how "enhanced" much of that content is - MS really needs to talk more about BC regarding specifics.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Sorry I know it's not the right thread, but are eneloops still agreed to be the best batteries for an Xbox one controller? Just trying to scope out some good batteries for the Series X Controller

Indubitably, that's all i've been using and it's amazing. Haven't had to buy a new pack and i've been on them the entire gen and get TONS of game-time.

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox Series S / X Launch
  • Gears Tactics [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • Tetris Effect Connected [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • The Falconeer [Gamepass] - 10th Nov
  • Fuser - 10th Nov
  • XIII - 10th Nov
What am I missing Era?

Which of these titles are just available on series X/S?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
If Valhalla, Gears Tactics, Yakuza, Beyond Light, Tetris Effect and Cyberpunk are a subpar line-up, I wonder what a good launch line-up for a console would look like.
I should've specified, but I'm not counting cross-gen games, so Yakuza, Cyberpunk, etc. are not gonna really entice me to buy an Xbox. I'm looking for stuff that would differentiate the lineup from both current gen, and what the PS5 can also offer.

Basically, this is my question:
Which of these titles are just available on series X/S?

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
I think there's a great third party lineup, but it is missing that 1 "next gen is here" exclusive game. However, if you've not played any Xbox games this gen then gamepass probably makes this the best console launch in history.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I think there's a great third party lineup, but it is missing that 1 "next gen is here" exclusive game. However, if you've not played any Xbox games this gen then gamepass probably makes this the best console launch in history.
Agreed, I have friends that skipped Xbox the entire gen and it's great value but I'm still struggling to find a reason to upgrade from the One X right now beyond next gen hype as most of these are playable on my current machine just at reduced settings.

Hopefully they do a blow out on their enhanced BC before preorders go up.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
It's not great but probably better than last gen, where everyone was basically playing AC Black Flag because everything else sucked so bad. Resogun saved things for me to an extent, I feel like The Ascent might be the game to evoke those feelings if it hits launch.

And at least we have BC this time around. Was pretty depressing going from PS3/360 with my huge digital libraries last gen to.. a couple of games. The beauty this gen is that even if someone hasn't owned Xbox before, they have access to a boatload of great content with Game Pass on day one. We'll have to see just how "enhanced" much of that content is - MS really needs to talk more about BC regarding specifics.
yep, had a 360, the basically went ps4, so i'll grab a handful of cheap-ish xbone games that i missed out on to round out my series x launch lineup. hopefully i have some digital 360 games that were made back compat too, if not i'll hunt down lost odyssey and blue dragon assuming they're playable on the series x.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I should've specified, but I'm not counting cross-gen games, so Yakuza, Cyberpunk, etc. are not gonna really entice me to buy an Xbox. I'm looking for stuff that would differentiate the lineup from both current gen, and what the PS5 can also offer.

Basically, this is my question:

Ultimately, none of them, because in 2021 Xbox are rolling out streaming games based on the series S...so anyone with a gamepass subscription will technically be able to play next gen only games, including all first party exclusives.

I don't think there are many/any X/S scloosies at launch - that's not what MS are trying to do. They're there as a cool upgrade if people want faster load times, or shinier graphics, especially on the third party "next gen" games.

I think MS feel comfortable that they have enough xbox console players, and a big enough platform, to keep attracting 3rd party devs. I don't think they feel the need to treat next gen as a brand new start where every metric starts at 0 and you HAVE to get loads of sales in month 1 to justify to 3rd parties to keep developing for your system. So they can do other things instead, like pushing for free next gen upgrades for xbox players (and hopefully all players) or getting the best/biggest games on gamepass etc. Plus first party next gen stuff is coming, and it'll be super accessible for everyone - how great!!

Jun 20, 2018
I never got an Xbox One, and actually, there were some late 360 games I never played due to assuming I'd be getting an Xbox One within a couple of years.

So for me, the first couple of months I will be playing:

Forza Horizon 2 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Forza Horizon 3 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Forza Horizon 4 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Gears of War 4 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Gears of War 5 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Sea of Thieves (can't be played on anything else I own)
Halo 4 via MCC (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a 360)
Halo 5 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Assassins Creed: Valhalla (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a PS4)
Watch Dogs: Legion (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a PS4)
Dirt 5 (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a PS4)

I don't usually buy consoles day 1, or even year 1, as I don't feel crossgen or early titles are worth it, but for me it's a combination of having 7 years of Xbox One Exclusives AND improved crossgen games that are making me want to buy one. I did consider getting a Xbox One X last christmas for £300, but figured it was worth holding off and paying a bit more this year to also future proof myself for a few more years.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
In the camp that didn't own an Xbox One, so I'll pickup lots of stuff on Game Pass that I wanted to play (Gears 5, Forza Horizon, Outer Wilds, Ori etc).

Don't think there's a great deal to be super excited about in 2020 across the board tbh so I'll just play a shiny version of Warzone and get through the BC stuff. Will most likely wait on Cyberpunk for the X version.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
I never got an Xbox One, and actually, there were some late 360 games I never played due to assuming I'd be getting an Xbox One within a couple of years.

So for me, the first couple of months I will be playing:

Forza Horizon 2 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Forza Horizon 3 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Forza Horizon 4 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Gears of War 4 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Gears of War 5 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Sea of Thieves (can't be played on anything else I own)
Halo 4 via MCC (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a 360)
Halo 5 (can't be played on anything else I own)
Assassins Creed: Valhalla (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a PS4)
Watch Dogs: Legion (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a PS4)
Dirt 5 (improved compared to what I could currently play it on, which is a PS4)

I don't usually buy consoles day 1, or even year 1, as I don't feel crossgen or early titles are worth it, but for me it's a combination of having 7 years of Xbox One Exclusives AND improved crossgen games that are making me want to buy one. I did consider getting a Xbox One X last christmas for £300, but figured it was worth holding off and paying a bit more this year to also future proof myself for a few more years.

Do note that FH2&3 aren't on Game Pass, and that FH2 has been delisted from the store, and FH3 will be delisted at the end of this month.

Discs will still work assuming you're going for the X.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Yup, I realized this a couple of months back so picked up pre-owned physical copies for next to nothing.

Good work.

The Forza games alone will probably keep you going for more than a couple of months, there's a ton of content in there.

I can also recommend grabbing the FH3 expansions while they're still available, they're great fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Marvel's Avengers will also have a Xbox Series X version or patch. Another game that is releasing around that time is Outriders. Microsoft even showed it being played on the Xbox Series S video.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
Surely those games releasing on the 12th-13th will move to the 10th? It would be pretty daft to release your game 2-3 days after a console launch.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Is Forza Horizon 4 getting a Series X patch for launch?

It is. I believe the patch will be available at launch.

www.google.com

Forza Franchise Heading to Xbox Series X - Xbox Wire

This May marked 15 years since we released the first Forza. Forza Motorsport was born from the team’s passion for cars and games. Over the years, we came to see Forza as a community centered around cars, competition, and creativity. As the Forza franchise has expanded, so has the importance of...

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
That's a fuck ton better that what we got last gen that's for damn sure.

the start of this new generation should just be subtitled "the backlog"

Oct 27, 2017
Games are games and new games are games. Who cares if it's cross gen or whatever. I can play destiny and assassins creed at 4K/60 without buying a pc and I'll have destiny and Tetris day one because of gamepass saving me actual money