• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
tracer_overwatch.0.0.jpg

???

Having the female form is not sexualization

Her proportions are slightly exaggerated. I'm not saying it's the most egregious example in the world, but it is definitely slightly sexualized.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
One of the more recent examples that comes to mind for me is Veronica from Dragon Quest XI. She is an adult with the appearance of a little girl, which might raise some "ackshually she's a 1000 year old dragon" red flags... but she isn't remotely sexualized.

TS7xtmt.png

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
One of the more recent examples that comes to mind for me is Veronica from Dragon Quest XI. She is an adult with the appearance of a little girl, which might raise some "ackshually she's a 1000 year old dragon" red flags... but she isn't remotely sexualized.

TS7xtmt.png
Isn't that what a Loli is

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Her proportions are slightly exaggerated. I'm not saying it's the most egregious example in the world, but it is definitely slightly sexualized.

You're going to have to elaborate on this one. If anything, after removing the Tracer pose early on that caused some slight controversy before OW came out, I'd say Tracer isn't even remotely sexualized. Her proportions are hardly exaggerated either.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Pretty much every Sony first-party studio title this past generation. This sounds like a question from someone who only plays jrpgs.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of Ghost of Tsushima's cast actually

Yuna, Tomoe, and Masato are all crazy talented in killing the hell out of people with no unnecessary skin in sight.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
7c555ea35cd2cdccdff839fb45085970.jpg

Emma Honeywell from The Last Remnant. Bonus point for being allowed to be an older woman too.

Real TLR Spoiler: Many many minus points for being killed off just to be replaced by her daughter..

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
You're going to have to elaborate on this one. If anything, after removing the Tracer pose early on that caused some slight controversy before OW came out, I'd say Tracer isn't even remotely sexualized. Her proportions are hardly exaggerated either.

I was talking about Tali.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
With the way most anime and game communities are so insisistent on calling any young looking girl a loli, sexualized or no, I think you can forgive the people who collapse "loli" with "underage anime girl".

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness. Senua was another good one but a bunch of people have said that.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I think kassandra might be my favorite character of this generation, an absolute sassy badass that takes shit from no one.
Kassandra.jpg
Yeah Kassandra is fantastic, definitely one of my favorites as well.
From what I've seen so far Valhalla's Eivor is not nearly as great but after Odyssey I'll definitely check her out first, they messed up the naming and chose a gendered name so living in the area means playing with a bearded macho man with a woman's name if I choose the male character.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Alisaie, FFXIV, post ARR.

latest

100% agree. After about a month long binge and halfway through shadow bringers, I'd argue this could apply to all of the girl scions personally. All of them are great characters and easily complete bad asses in their own rights. A lot of the important characters in 14 trade being my favorite character of the game lol.

(Stormblood) I guess you could argue Lyse is a bit sexualized, but it didn't come off as gratuitous personally and she's excellent regardless.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
480px-Npc_zoom_3040082000_01.png

480px-Npc_zoom_3040082000_02.png
Granblue's Black Knight is great. Too bad there was a period of time in the story where she took her armor off and it's pretty bad.
Good thing she's in full armor (minus helmet) most of the time these days.

ChronoMonarch

Apr 22, 2019
Everywhere At All Times
I love the Aloy mention from Horizon Zero Dawn. One character I personally find to be redeemed and far better off than the older iterations is the current reboot of Lara Croft. I love her so much and it is this Lara Croft that finally got me to play Tomb Raider and beat the trilogy for it. She's so much cooler, and overall an amazing character to me.

37450493bd281c78e4e6168a01bab125.png

DefinitiveActualCamel-max-14mb.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Aloy mention from Horizon Zero Dawn. One character I personally find to be redeemed and far better off than the older iterations is the current reboot of Lara Croft. I love her so much and it is this Lara Croft that finally got me to play Tomb Raider and beat the trilogy for it. She's so much cooler, and overall an amazing character to me.

37450493bd281c78e4e6168a01bab125.png

DefinitiveActualCamel-max-14mb.gif

giphy.gif
You beat me to it. I was going to say reboot Lara Croft. She is so much better now and I hope she will continue to do so.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Not a protagonist, but Sadie Adler from RDR2 had pretty much the entire Rockstar community asking for an expansion or spinoff starring her, that's a pretty big achievement.

Ds3QjEbW0AIWWGB.jpg

Nov 2, 2017
Nilin, from the extremely underrated classic Remember Me. That whole game was filled with badass non-sexualised women, as heroes, allies, and villains.

I'm begging everyone who hasn't played it to seek it out, but to play it with subtitles and the original French audio because the English dub sucked the life out of it.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Nilin, from the extremely underrated classic Remember Me. That whole game was filled with badass non-sexualised women, as heroes, allies, and villains.

I'm begging everyone who hasn't played it to seek it out, but to play it with subtitles and the original French audio because the English dub sucked the life out of it.
Ever since Life is Strange blew me away, I've been meaning to go back and play that. Somehow I own it on Steam... is the PC version any good?

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A few from games I've played this year that I've not seen mentioned:

4fca9jwc.png

Top row: Jesse from Control, Mayday from No Straight Roads
Bottom row: Amica from A Plague Tale: Innocence and Athena from Hades.

Nov 2, 2017
Ever since Life is Strange blew me away, I've been meaning to go back and play that. Somehow I own it on Steam... is the PC version any good?

The other poster addressed the PC technical stuff, I played it on PS3 after getting it free with PS+ and figuring I had nothing to lose giving it a playthrough. It got 3/5 scores and a very sniffy reception which I find baffling. The world, the backstory, the SOUNDTRACK (omg the soundtrack), the memory mixing... there's so much good stuff here.

I repeat, it's the English dub that killed it. The main actress is fine, but all the rest suck. But it's a French game, set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic (climate change) Paris, and in the original French audio there is poetry here.

I went in with no expectations at all, but with two full playthroughs (and a planned 3rd) this is on my top ten games of all time. Set yourself aside a weekend and treat yourself to it. I was the opposite from you, I was on Life is Strange day one (loved it) *because* of Remember Me.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
From Total Warhammer 2
v7ri3zx4wes41.jpg
baj-singh-isabella-posed01.jpg
v85xolnlgw401.jpg

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Emma from The Last Remnant is awesome. She deserves her own game.

yHm05BE.jpg

OlMWMe6.jpg
I really like this design. She looks comfortable and dangerous, like a veteran who has made a lot of trade-offs over the years between protective armour, movement, weight and comfort, ending up with a detailed, layered design. Like, I look at her and think 'that's some sort of swordmaster who has likely been in a lot of fights and won them in order to settle on that compromise of kit.' Which matches the character perfectly. I think she'd be cool with a scabbard rather than that little pouch on her belt for her sword but I get why designers don't often add them if they are a pain to animate.

Reminds me of Titania from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, where there's a ton of layers and detail and sweeping lines that give a recognisable silhouette and tell you she's some sort of combination of knight, noblewoman and veteran fighter without needing to have some weird mishmash of plate armour and lingerie.
fireemblem.fandom.com

Titania

Titania is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. She is the vice-captain of the Greil Mercenaries that is led by Greil and later Ike. She serves as an adviser to Ike and often expresses views that clash with those of his close friend and...

Last edited: