• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Picture this. You're walking along the street one day, minding your business as usual. A strange, thunderous sound echoes down from the skies above and knocks you off balance. You look up and see this aerial battle playing out:

This kind of on-screen action is commonplace in most shmups (especially those of the bullet hell variety), but really imagine what that scene would look like if it happened IRL. It would be the craziest shit ever seen by anyone on earth.

Well, at least until this happened shortly thereafter:

What are some other gameplay scenarios moments from games you've played that would melt your brain if you were to ever witness them happening in real life?

PS - The game is Ketsui Deathtiny -Kizuna Jigoku Tachi, in case anyone is wondering.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Someone able to do a Mario 64 style triple jump would be pretty incredible to see.

Or anyone who can double jump in real-life, the weird kind where the character just sorta jumps in mid air to get more height, like Kratos in the original GOW games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Mario eats a mushroom and doubles in size. Mario hat possession.
Someone able to do a Mario 64 style triple jump would be pretty incredible to see.
That's just gymnastics:

giphy.gif

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Seeing someone jump several feet into the air and then slam down on someone else's head, squishing them into the ground.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Turn-Based Combat. Just a bunch of folks getting in a no restriction fight and politely waiting for the next person to take their turn.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Mario eats a mushroom and doubles in size. Mario hat possession.

That's just gymnastics:

giphy.gif
I'm talking more like:
First jump=5-6ft high,
Second jump=10-12ft
Third jump=15-18ft

But if I saw an Olympic gymnist doing doing their routine on the sidewalk as I was walking to work that would definitely make my jaw drop too, haha.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I'm playing Doom Eternal right now so... basically any of those demons walking around wrecking shit. Let alone the ones with guns and rockets.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Best twerking in games?

I was recently reminded of the online shooter Loudout from a few years back with the fleshy physics on the player characters. There was a twerk emote and it's etched forever in my memory The detail in physics is impressive and accurate. I'd honestly like to see more flesh physics in other...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Two people fighting in the streets. A scruffy Japanese dude and a Chinese policewoman. The man suddenly throws out a ball of blue energy, while the woman dodges it by jumping at him from a crouched position, spinning her legs like rotor blades.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Dovahkiin bleeding and wounded and then just eating 100 wheels of cheese and after every cheese wheel their wounds close before your eyes would be pretty fucking wild.

The one I would love to actually see, though, is someone doing the Assassin's Creed leap of faith off like an enormous cathedral and landing totally fine in a random pile of hay.

Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Literally anything in any Pokémon game. When you consider the actual Pokédex descriptions various Pokémon and realize what they can actually do, it gets really silly/terrifying VERY quickly.

Take most 8 or 16 bit action games and it's probably a great example:

Shinobi doing double jumps, tossing shurikins in a circle.

Contra jumping 10-15ft high while rapid firing aliens.

Kabuki Quantum Fighter whipping enemies to death with his kabuki hair while dressed in traditional Japanese theater costume.

Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl.

2D (or 3D) fighting games.
All I really want is to see a hadouken IRL

This is my favorite.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Two people fighting in the streets. A scruffy Japanese dude and a Chinese policewoman. The man suddenly throws out a ball of blue energy, while the woman dodges it by jumping at him from a crouched position, spinning her legs like rotor blades.
I feel ashamed that I had to read this twice to realize what game it was describing.

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
Just a normal person who can jump several times their own height from standing would be enough for me to check if someone slipped narcotics in my morning juice.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
You're minding your own business in the street, when suddenly, a rather sizable alien robot and its human sized minions appears out of thin air.

You start to run, but notice a group of masked individuals headed your way. You call for help and immediately a line of them run around you, turn rainbow colored, and now you're wearing a mask, too. Moments later and you're the thumb of a giant red hand punching said enemy robot, swiftly followed by being part of a blue sword, cutting it clean in two. Then you turn into pudding for some reason.

Welcome to Operation 001-A of The Wonderful 101 seen from a civilian's eye. It gets weirder from here.