• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will be Intelligent Systems' game in 2021?

• Fire Emblem

Votes: 101 37.1%
  • WarioWare

Votes: 30 11.0%
  • Pushmo

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Another Paper Mario for some reason

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • New IP

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other (Puzzle League, Advance Wars etc.)

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • No game in 2021 :(

Votes: 97 35.7%

• Total voters

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Intelligent Systems is a prolific developer for Nintendo, but I don't think people realize just how prevalent they actually are. Since 1983, they have released at least one game per year for Nintendo hardware, the exceptions being 1987 and 1997. So they're currently on a 22-year streak when it comes to releasing games on Nintendo platforms.

In the last Nintendo Direct highlighting titles from the first half of the year, IS was absent. Could the streak come to an end? Or are they still cooking up something for later this year? Last year's Paper Mario The Origami King from IS was announced a mere two months before release, so there might be a similar strategy this year.

I think most are expecting an Echoes style FE remake, but IS has a big catalogue of franchises they can pull from including WarioWare, Pushmo, Puzzle League etc.

So what will it be?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I kind of want another WarioWare (Advance Wars would be cool if we're talking real long shots), but I'm very much expecting FE to be it this year.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Squishmo, it's another Pushmo game but this time you can push the blocks into one another somehow. Mechanically it won't work that well but it's worth it for the name alone

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
I have no clue, but hoping we see something Fire Emblem. More in the same universe or a new or old setting with the bones of Three Houses. I need to feed the addiction.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Voted other.

Advance Wars returning with a 2D sprite-based game that looks like the original. Old cast returns. Download only. $20. Coming alongside the original titles in an updated Nintendo Online app. That's my hail Mary call.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like WarioWare on the Switch has to happen. Fire Emblem would probably have been announced by now unless it's a remake, which could very well be the case.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
A little surprised to see "nothing" as the majority answer so far, honestly.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
A little surprised to see "nothing" as the majority answer so far, honestly.
Given that they're still relatively new to HD development, I just don't expect them to be pumping out titles back to back to back all that quickly. Tack on potential Covid delays, and I just don't expect to see anything from them this year. But I'd be happy to be wrong, lol.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I'm voting Warioware because I really want a new Warioware.

Can't believe they did 1-2 Switch as the "mini game comp" over a new warioware.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Probably another FE remake, but it kills me that Advance Wars is lumped under "Other".

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Squishmo, it's another Pushmo game but this time you can push the blocks into one another somehow. Mechanically it won't work that well but it's worth it for the name alone
I like you
Voted other.

Advance Wars returning with a 2D sprite-based game that looks like the original. Old cast returns. Download only. $20. Coming alongside the original titles in an updated Nintendo Online app. That's my hail Mary call.
And you

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'm enjoying Origami King right now (done with the second chapter), give me something from the Other category please.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Other. After the not very successful Advance Wars DoR, they are going back hard on the anime and should have figured out by now how to add dating sim mechanics to the game. We know it's a small price to pay to have AW back from the ashes

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
All this talk about AW is reminding me that I still need to check that indie game that looked very similar, but had witches and dragons as units. 🤔

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I think we have a chance of a WarioWare game or some other smaller game. A (Something)-Mo game maybe as well. They were releasing multiple games a year before Switch. But has a big game per year they worked on (FE3H and PMTOK)

All this talk about AW is reminding me that I still need to check that indie game that looked very similar, but had witches and dragons as units. 🤔
WarGroove was pretty fun and sort of scratched the AW itch a small bit. Still need to finish it though

Last edited:

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
I require either Fire Emblem or a Pushmo game. Their last Fire Emblem was Shadows of Valentia, and Three Houses just ain't cutting it tbh.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
No new game for 2021. Origami King was almost gold when the pandemic started, so they were able to push it to the finish line. I think this is the year we see devs like IS needing more time to catch up on their projects due to the difficulties of WFH