• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I don't mean like which ones you can listen to over and over again (even though that's probably the case with these) but ones that you could just close your eyes and hear or, in a weird way, feel.

Posting these just for reference but mine are probably Mega Man 2 (the whole series, really) and Ocarina of Time. Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I just imagine my favorite tracks and it helps me calm down enough to drift off to sleep.

Just some examples. Other contenders for this, for me, would be Pokemon Gen2 and World of Warcraft. They're just so completely ingrained into my being. What say you, ERA?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Basically all my childhood jRPGs. FFVI, VII, IX, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve.

Also nearly every Mario game, Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time.

Apr 24, 2018
Seeing some great picks here already. I'll add Donkey Kong Country 2 as mine. Stickerbush Symphony has stayed with me for the last 25 years.

xXJonoXx

Jun 17, 2018
Resident Evil 2 (98), Ace Combat 4, Goldeneye, Batman Arkham City, Top Gear (SNES), Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Sega), Jurassic Park (SNES) to name a few

Egocrata

Aug 31, 2019
Commando (Amstrad CPC version)
F-Zero
Mario Kart, Koopa Beach, SNES version
Gradius (NES)

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Chrono Trigger above else. Then Persona 4, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy VI. But there are so many RPGs with stellar soundtracks, like Phantasy Star and Lufia.

Also tons of Mega Man games have awesome music.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Chrono Trigger above else. Then Persona 4, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy VI. But there are so many RPGs with stellar soundtracks, like Phantasy Star and Lufia.

Also tons of Mega Man games have awesome music.

You just reminded me how much I love the Lunar and Eternal Blue soundtracks with your icon. I can hear them now as I sit at my desk at work and they're probably two of my favorite JRPGs ever. Beautiful soundtracks.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Sonic 1 and 2, Pokémon Red/Blue, Kingdom Hearts, Kirby (specifically Green Greens) and Mario 1-3. Although I feel like lately the Astera theme from Monster Hunter World is starting to get ingrained in my brain.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
You just reminded me how much I love the Lunar and Eternal Blue soundtracks with your icon. I can hear them now as I sit at my desk at work and they're probably two of my favorite JRPGs ever. Beautiful soundtracks.
Definitely! Original and remakes both. The battle theme of The Silver Star on Sega CD is still one of the most epic battle songs I've ever heard.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The Nier and Undertale soundtracks for me

Also gotta mention the Nier Automata, Shadow of the Colossus, and Red Dead Redemption 2 soundtracks.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Not even the best track in the game, but it just got stuck in my soul for some reason.
Been humming this on and off for more than a decade.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
zN5cQhP.jpg

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie / Banjo-Tooie
Donkey Kong Country trilogy
Pokemon Red/Blue
Skyrim
Halo main theme

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Most songs from Witcher 3, and with that most songs from Percival. After all these years, i still listen to many songs almost daily.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Monster Hunter, final fantasy, zelda, metroid, mario... series' like this will forever have their soundtracks in my heart and my head.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
WOULD YOU STOP PLAYING WITH THAT RADIO OF YOURS, I'M TRYING TO GET TO SLEEP

Yeah, just the entirety of the original Jet Set Radio OST is burned into my soul (sorry, I'm not nearly as familiar with Future)

Last edited:

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
For me its mostly 8 bit/16 bit stuff from when I was a kid, with some 32/64 bit games. After that I rarely remember music from a game, Its technically better and able to achieve many more things but I rarely remember music in games anymore. Probably due to the fact that I remember the older stuff more because its from when I was younger, but also because of the technical limitations the music was simpler making it more memorable.