• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
DMC

For a vergil spin off game.

and also if Capcom likes money.

which we do

>.>

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly...Final Fantasy XV-2. I'd actually play it if they committed to making the battle system a little better and the story coherent.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I could go for a First Light-esque Spider-Man thing, but you're playing as Prowler or Black Cat or whatever.

Save Miles for the sequel proper (his locomotion is too similar, anyway), and just do another street-level character who gets around differently to make things feel fresh.

I dig this a lot. I've got nothing to add, but I dig this.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Sure, the field assets aren't all that great to begin with, but just take what you've got and plow it into something more like a traditional FE (not trying to start a fight here, just saying the monastery is expensive for a "budget" title), and you could have a prequel or midquel to capitalize on Three Houses' sales while people wait four years for the next full-budget FE.

This was actually my first thought. Focus the budget for new things super heavily on increased map design/variety and maybe set it at a lower price point because of the smaller scale. Tight, 15-20 hours.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
A hitman spin off where you have to go through all the levels of previous games but instead you're a bodyguard trying to stop agent 47 from killing his targets.

Or an Ace Combat 7 spin off were it's full space sci-fi and your flying space fighters on Jupiter or something rather than Jets on fake-earth.

Mostly though I want non-canon horror spin offs like Red Dead Undead Nightmare but from any franchise, not necessarily Red Read 2.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be a different genre but Koei Tecmo should take all of the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT assets and plonk them in a Final Fantasy Warriors already

Honestly...Final Fantasy XV-2. I'd actually play it if they committed to making the battle system a little better and the story coherent.

There was that "rumor" floating around ages ago of the DLC being planned as a re-telling of the story more in line with Versus XIII, which I thought was unrealistic and silly

But I'd also be into it happening as a sort of "Alternate Universe" take. At this point though it's probably time to move on.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Mega Man X.

It's been 14 years! Just shuffle around X1, throw playable Zero in there, call it X9, and charge me $60.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
-Fire Emblem x Hyrule Warriors-
Just make a Garreg Mach map, add in Byleth+Lords and the four guardians from BOTW, reuse all the old enemies and maps but in different combos now cause its mixed. Lock new extra maps and characters behind dlc. Cheapest multi-million seller of the year.

Also, Bloodborne. Someone make a Majora's Mask equivalent for it.

Also also I'm sure someone could reuse the assets from Untitled Goose Game to make Still An Untitled Goose Game with remixed levels and gameplay and whatnot.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be fine with it in most open world games, to be honest.

If I had to pick one series though - Gravity Rush.

Nov 3, 2017
Mass Effect Andromeda. Best combat in the series. A smaller scale prequel set on the Citadel with solid dialogue and impactful choices would be amazing

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Deus Ex.

Throw together some assets for a new American (or Chinese) city, make it as dense as Prague and give me more Jensen in vents.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Sea of Thieves,
Take the entire engine, and build a full, tightly focused 2-4 player co-op survival RPG, with deeper combat, full-on cinematics, animated and voice acted NPCs, and more enemy variety and boss variety, mechanic progression, levels/islands built like platforming sandboxes with new gameplay gimmicks throughout, and Banjo-Kazooie inspired objectives/ missions in each new area. Then take all of those assets, the improved combat, and enemies and pull as much of them as you can, back into the original Sea of Thieves.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think Red Dead Redemption 2 would benefit from a 'The Lost Legacy' / '.5 sequel'.

There's a good chance it ends up happening, given TLAD and TBoGT for GTA IV and Undead Nightmare for RDR1.

They have a character that I think would be worth exploring in a focused, less sprawling story.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space could absolutely use a bunch of assets and animations from all three games to put together a completely solid new game without having to worry about any big set pieces. Just take the freeform exploration of space wreckage section of DS3 and make an entire game out of that. Or do a more Metroidvania-style exploration of a single ship. Tons of room for interesting less-linear gameplay in that series.

Also, Portal. Give me more Portal.

It'd be a different genre but Koei Tecmo should take all of the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT assets and plonk them in a Final Fantasy Warriors already
Absolutely agreed. After the success of Hyrule Warriors (and the upcoming Persona game in the genre) it feels like this is just money left on the table at this point.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
MĂ©xico - United States
I wish Bethesda would have expanded after the tremendous success of Skyrim and built a second team to work on a spin-off title of the series. It would have been successful, I'm sure. It's boggling for me to think that between Skyrim and Fallout 4 BGS was only about 10 people bigger.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Warriors Orochi is KT's crossover mashup musou featuring characters predominantly from Samurai and Dynasty warriors but also its own unique characters of deities, gods, legends and other IP crossover such as Ryu Hayabusa.
I wouldn't mind seeing a stab at this in a Fire Emblem strategy game type. Some friendship building to unlock new characters without marriage maybe. Unlock new weapons or moves. Base building, hero recruitment etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout
Deus Ex
Mass Effect

Basically, AA budget WRPGs in these settings (and others) would be perfect. 20-30hr campaigns in fairly small/mid sized hub environments.

OP
OP
MGPanda

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
The OP seems directed to games that reuse engines rather than assets, despite the usage of the latter term.

AC Rogue and FallOut New Vegas don't have a lot of shared areas with their predecessors either. Majora's Mask has also been brought up.
Yeah, just to clarify, reusing engine is a more fitting term than assets, thanks!