• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
it doesn't qualify as i'm well aware it released this year but Doom Eternal will always be associated with 2020/covid in my mind. came out right when the pandemic was blowing up. i thought whatever, it'll pass and ... fuck yeah, a new Doom! yay

seemed a lifetime ago and like yesterday at the same time

Yeah, it's crazy how it seems like last week and last year at the same time.

Anyway, my answer is not a game, but a collection: the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. I got mine a month AFTER Doom Eternal, and played it quite a bit while furloughed from work, and yet it seems like I've owned the thing for years.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For me it is:

Y4Cmxd7PtUZukRayQopKzbg1.jpg
Wait was this in beta in 2019 though because that can't be real

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Kawashima's Brain Training released Jan. 3rd this year, had me doing a double take.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Warcraft 3: Reforged. Remember when that seemed like it was going to be the biggest clusterfuck in gaming this year?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Dreams kiiiinda cheating/understandable because it was available in Early Access since early 2019 so has kinda been around for over 18 months now.

In the same way that it feels a little weird having Hades knocking about now because I've been playing it since 2018.

Last edited:

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely TLOU2. When it won best game at The Game Awards I was like it can't win that is a 2019 game.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah I'm another one for Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. I bought that game with a normal visit to a mom-and-pop store and it was funded entirely by membership points I had built up with the store. It was legit just a completely random drop in to the store after getting dinner nearby. I not only only vaguely remember the week or so of time I put into playing Kakarot at this point, but I also kinda don't remember what it is like to visit a physical brick and mortar store on casual impulse and not with exact intent so I can get in and get the fuck out ASAP.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about this for the Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC. I guess anything pre-covid feels like it happened in another world.