• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid, it took me up until the boss fight with Maleficent that you could change your damn keyblade! I was literally doing a challenge run unknowingly lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

I also didn't know you could "level" up in Baten Kaitos until I think it was the 1st time you fight Giacomo for the first time. It's impossible to beat him at level 1.

4-goldoba03.jpg

Last edited:

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
50 hours into Xenoblade 2 was when I finally bothered to understand and begin using Driver combos (and only because I was stuck on a boss).

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize what the floating elemental Orbs in Xenoblade 2 meant until I tried pausing the game during a battle.

also realized what chain attacks were 🤷🏽‍♀️

Once that hit, the battle system clicked for me and became one of my JRPG Favorite games. Too bad it took until chapter 7 (or 6, but it was far along lol)

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
30 hours into P3P, I realized that you can control party members in battle.

falconhoof17

Jul 12, 2019
I can't be the only one who didn't work out shield surfing in BOTW until quite a few hours into the game

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I didn't realise you could heal in fallen order until I was about half way through the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I let a friend borrow Panzer Dragoon Orta many years ago. I went over his place and watched him play. He was on the final level. After many minutes of watching him struggle I asked why he wasn't using his berserk attack. He turns to me and asks "what berserk attack?" He finished the game about 20 minutes after that.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I remember it took me quite a while before really understanding the gambit system in FF12. Loved it once i got it.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I played 15 hours of the Witcher 3 before I realised I could do the small dodge. I was rolling around everywhere.

Stopmotionkai

Oct 26, 2017
FF 13.
By pressing Y you could launch an attack before the ATB Bar fills up to attack and launch enemies into air juggles and keep their stagger meter from resetting.

I don't recall the game ever explaining that mechanic on any of my 3 play through. I could be wrong.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
It wasn't until about the last couple hours of Days Gone that I realized you can just drive your bike up to gas pumps and fill your bike rather than having to search for a gas can.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Seems like something went wrong with Xenoblade Chronicles 2's combat system. Either in tutorials and/or combat design. I wonder how they could've done better at explaining a rather deep (or convoluted?) combat mechanic.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like something went wrong with Xenoblade Chronicles 2's combat system. Either in tutorials and/or combat design. I wonder how they could've done better at explaining a rather deep (or convoluted?) combat mechanic.

The only issue is that it tries to explain it as early as possible, but in the early game it's not really needed and hard to fully exploit. It continues to add mechanics even into the penultimate chapter of the game and makes sure it explains each one.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FF 13.
By pressing Y you could launch an attack before the ATB Bar fills up to attack and launch enemies into air juggles and keep their stagger meter from resetting.

I don't recall the game ever explaining that mechanic on any of my 3 play through. I could be wrong.
What
the
fuck

Bruh I didn't think anything could get me to replay FFXIII

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Blocking while poking enemies with a wing spear in Demon's Souls. It was a game changer at the time before I got good and was ultra reliant on blocking. Eventually you don't even block at all. Gotta love how you progress in those games, from scared squire to knight with an UGS wrecking everything.