• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
As in double-dipping or triple-dipping. I think I might get Final Fantasy X/X-2 for the 3rd time, after the original PS2 versions, the PS3 version..and now on Switch (since I can get it on sale :P) for the portability. FFX is my favorite game of all time, and I enjoy X-2 a lot too so I don't mind.

If you buy games multiple times...what game have you bought the most?

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 2
Them hd collections on PS3 then the same but in 60fps on PS4 got my ass

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
Halo: Combat Evolved (PC port)
Halo: Custom Edition (Moddable PC port)
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox 360 port)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Remastered 360 port)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1 Remastered port)

Soon...

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC Remastered port)

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics. PSX, PSP (physical and digital), iOS (iPad and iPhone), Android (free with credits I think) and two Japanese PSX copies.

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just 3 I think
Witcher 3: steam + gog + switch
Deus ex human revolution: 360 CE + steam
Sfiv (all iterations) : 360 + steam

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Final Fantasy IV, VII, IX
Bloodborne. (Digital NA, Digital JP, FirstPress OH)
Phantom Pain (Digital NA&JP, Physical NA&JP, Steelbook NA)
Very soon Persona 5.

Last edited:

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Diablo 3 (PS4, PS4, PC ,Switch)

Metal Solid series including hd versions, special editions (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Vita)

Terraria (PS3, PC, PS4)

Minecraft (PS3, PS4, PC and mobile)

GTA5 (PS3, PS4, PC)

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Toss up between Earthbound and Links Awakening.

First time I bought Earthbound again, I was like " my cart's battery is dying, and I probably won't get another chance to buy it again". Then the 3DS version came, and I was like "Cool! Earthbound on the go." Now I have the SNES classic, Mother 2, and the GBA version, so now I have more copies than I know what to do with.

Similar with Link's Awakening. Had the DX version first, bought the OG Gameboy version when I started collecting, bought it on the 3DS eShop, bought the Japanese version of both, and finally bought the remake. It also happens to be the game I've completed the most times.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
There are a ton of games I own three times:

Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2 + BBS (PS2 + PSP, PS3, PS4)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP, Vita, iOS)
Valkyria Chronicles (PS3, PC, PS4)
A billion other SE games

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Stardew Valley. I've bought it on everything it's available on except for the Xbox One version since I don't own one.

Kingdom Hearts games too. Bought them all on their original systems and the collections for the PS3 and PS4.

Oh, Dragon's Dogma also. Bought it on PS3, PC, PS4, and Switch.

What I'm trying to say is that I really fucking love Stardew Valley, Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon's Dogma.

Last edited:

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Shadow of the Colossus and the Kingdom Hearts series.

I've bought them on PS2/3/4 and I'll buy them on 5.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Resident Evil 2

Back in the day I got it on the PS1 and then the N64
Then I got it on the PS3
and just this year I got the Remake on the PC and double dipped on the PS4 version

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
There's several games I have at least three versions of

RE4 on the Gamecube, Wii, and PC
OOT and Majora's Mask on the N64, Virtual Console, and 3DS
Super Mario World on the GBA, Virtual Console, and SNES Classic
I have both versions of Dragon's Dogma on the 360 (original and Dark Arisen) and DD:DA on Steam.

I have five versions of OOT if you include the Master Quest and Collector's Edition Gamecube discs, but one was a preorder bonus and another was a mail-in promotion so I'm not sure if either of those counts as "bought".

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Metal Gear Solid (PS1, PS classic digital)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (2x PS2, Vita)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (2x PS2, Vita)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2, PS3)
Okami (PS2, PS4)

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
All the games I have bought I have bought once so they are all tied.
I have no interest in spending money on playing the same game twice.

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
Of relatively recent games, probably Transistor. I have it on Steam, PS4, iOS, and Switch.

MGS 2&3 on PS2 individually, PS2 essential collection, PS3 HD remaster, and on Vita (I don't even own a Vita).

I think those are the highest counts of 4 each. There are a handful of other games I've triple or double dipped on though.

Aug 13, 2019
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (PS2,PS3)
Sly 2 and 3 (PS2,PS3)
Batman Arkham(PS3/PS4,PC)
Transformers War/Fall (Xbox 360/PS3)
Assassin's Creed Black Flag (PS4/PC)

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After buying the Switch version, I think I'm on my 9th purchase of RE4..

RE2 is a close second, I think that's around 7 or 8. I've bought a few other games multiple times, but not exceeding 3 or 4 probably. Not many games get ported as much as RE titles lol

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm going to buy Witcher 3 for Switch on Tuesday so that. Played first on PS4, then rebought for 1X when that patch dropped, and now will big again to play in portable.

I think the only other games I've bought for multiple platforms are RDR2 and GTAV.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fallout 2 I have bought 4 times.

Bought it originally for $50 when it first came out in 1998.

Bought it again when I saw it on a $10 wal-mart PC Games shelf 3 or 4 years later because I had lost the disc and had to rely on a downloaded copy.

Bought digitally on some early online storefront probably in the mid 2000s but have since forgotten where I bought it and how to find it.

Finally bought on steam several years ago so that I could have a copy that I can always find.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
GTA San Andreas

I bought on PS2, then on PC retail DVD, then on Xbox original version, then on mobile; twice for 2 different Google Play account, then on X360, then on Steam, then on PS4 (PS2 Classics)..

..until the one that I got free on R* Launcher.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I can only recall a single game I've bought twice, and it's Ocarina of Time (N64 and 3DS).

No wait, Diddy Kong Racing with the DS version!

Ooops, forgot about Wind Waker HD.

Probably a few more now that I think about it. But I doubt I've ever bought a game three times.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
GTAV. 1 on 360, 1 on XB1 and 1 on PC.

And Halo 1. Xbox, 360 BC, Remake, TMC on XB1 and maybe again on PC when it comes out.