• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've played Deus Ex 1 pretty much every year since it came out and I still surprise myself with the totally stupid stuff the game lets me do. I've done a run with only the knife in my inventory, done runs where I kill no one, ones where I do everything wrong that the game permits me to. It's kind of amazing how well the game responds to your antics.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Devil May Cry 4. In fact, it's so good you get to play the game twice in the one playthrough.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Diablo III - 7 different classes to play, loads of different builds for those classes, seasons with themes. Available on PC/Switch.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Replayable as in: There's so much more to see:
Witcher 2,
Witcher 3,
Mass Effect 1 and 2 (and 3),
Fire Emblem Fates (if you count one campaign as the game),
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater,
Catherine,
Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human.

Replayable as in: They're just fun to master and replay for their own sake:
Sonic Rush,
Metal Gear Solid 5,
Batman Arkham Anything,
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild,
Sonic Colors,
Resident Evil Remake.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Singleplayer games (not online gaas types..).

Mass Effect 2 was the most repayable game I've ever experienced. The paragon/renegade options were really fun, and the different classes made replays interesting. It was also a very well paced game.

Mar 23, 2018
Super Metroid, perhaps? I see some of the previously mentioned titles here more as arcade-ish games rather than "start a new game and play it out differently"
Dark Souls
XCOM games
Probably most of the popular CRPGs out there. Didn't play them but I heard nice things about them. You could check them out on PC, as you could find some of the most popular ones at a nice price, or wait for their release on Switch in a couple of weeks.

The $40-50 price tag is absolutely not as inviting as the PC versions, though

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
Rocket League and Breath of the Wild immediately come to mind. Even though I "beat" the game ages ago I still find myself going back to look for more hidden dungeons. Even if the story has told me everything it has to say, the world itself is still filled with stories to decipher. BotW is an excellent example in environmental storytelling.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I came to say Destiny 2 base game is going F2P. Alternatively sign up for XGP. If you feel like splurging a few bucks on steam the classic CRPGs if you haven't played them are absolutely worth your time and money.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Personally speaking, I've replayed The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ and Civilisation 6 with all DLC and Expansions the most I would think. Being there are mods on the Steam Workshop too for both - yeah got a lot of game for my money with those two over the years. Skyrim also with mods. Got to give it up to Skyrim. I still load that up and run around killing bears with a Scythe that Death himself would be proud of when listening to Podcasts or whatnot.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
for me it's action rpgs like diablo 3, path of exile, titan quest, Skyrim, and fallout 4. I have hundreds of hours in each. Starting fresh is always fun.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Civ 6, Crusader Kings 2, the XCOM games, Dead Cells, Skyrim. Or at least, those are the games I've spent the most time with the last few years.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Tetris 99 has got me in a vice-like grip at the moment, providing you have a Switch online account.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Replayable as in: There's so much more to see:
Witcher 2,
Witcher 3,
Mass Effect 1 and 2 (and 3),
Fire Emblem Fates (if you count one campaign as the game),
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater,
Catherine,
Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human.
I definitely agree on these.

SerTapTap

Oct 27, 2017
Dwarf Fortress, totally nuts the amount of stuff you can do. People meme about it being impossible to figure out but it's not, PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack and the wiki got my skeptical ass going.

It's like an anthill but the ants are super detailed simulated alcoholic dwarves. Every fortress has a story just because of all the crazy interactions that can have it, love it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not the very best, but I replayed the Witcher 3 two times after my initial playthrough and each time I found new areas, secrets, NPCs and quests that made each playthrough feel different and unique. On top of that you can go for bigger different decisions that alter the game's ending. My first playthrough had the worst ending, so I was glad the others turned out happier. :)

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
Already two mentions, but cannot be stressed enough:
Binding of Isaac
1000s of hours played and still every run feels different. I know the art design can be repelling, but if you give it a chance nonetheless, you may find your GOTY.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For me a good racing game is pretty much infinitely replayable. Can always beat those times!