• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Resistance reboot or sequel- I'm hoping now that Insomiac is at Sony they are interested in reviving it or handing it off to another SIE studio. I'd like to see an open world or Deus Ex style hub world take on the franchise, preferably set in Russia at the Chimera impact site or at the very least outside the United States again (so tired of US apocalypse settings, England was really cool in Fall of Man). And maybe the return of co-op only multiplayer that expands on R2. The lore is too good to waste.

Ideally a new protagonist (male or female) as well who's not bland like Capelli and Hale. Maybe with a Cloven connection?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Legend of Dragoon reboot.
I was trying to think of something. This rings that bell. This should have happened, right? I feel like Sony has touched, in a first-party sense, every genre this generation but JRPG-styled games. You could say Square-Enix fills that void, but that doesn't really count as much these days now that they're multiplatform.

Our only hope is that the project Bluepoint is working on is this, but even that looks more and more like it'll be Demon's Souls.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Yeah, Mass Effect trilogy remaster for sure.

Also GTA 6 and Elder Scrolls 6. TES 5 and GTA 5 both sold bonkers, so it's just super surprising that they didn't get any sequels this generation. Then again, that just goes to show how well both those games (GTA 5 much more so, of course) have continued to sell over a prolonged period of time.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly what is being asked, but the last like... 2 or 3 E3s I was just sure they were going to announce Grim Dawn for Xbox One, but it never happened.

Other than that, I, like many others in the thread am surprised that Splinter Cell hasn't returned yet. Although, it doesn't seem like stealth games are doing so hot really. I mean Hitman didn't exactly light the world on fire sales-wise did it?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
GTA VI

XBOX 360/PS3
GTA IV
GTA IV Lost and Damned
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 3
GTA V
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare

XBOX ONE/PS4
GTA V (Remaster)
Red Dead Redemption 2

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Starfield.

I mean Fallout 4 came out in 2015, that's 4 years ago and we know they've been working on it in some capacity since.

We haven't seen anything on it, no screenshots, no videos, nothing.

ShinyKyurem

Jul 11, 2019
I'm still waiting for a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster. Also:
GTA VI
Persona 3 remake
Pikmin 4
Soul Sacrifice 2
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 remaster (or actually a BT Collection)

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly thought we'd see a Demon's Souls remaster and maybe Mass Effect trilogy.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I kept thinking we would get a new Armored Core after Dark Souls 3, then we got Sekiro, was still hoping after that and then we got Elden Ring which is probably their last game for this gen.

It's a disappointing showing by FromSoft imo.
Best FROM has ever been if you ask me imo.