• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Game Did You Like Better

• Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Votes: 188 87.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Transformed is OK but I don't think the planes and boats were great; I think they detracted from the sleek Outrun 2 fundamentals that the original game developed on so perfectly.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've only played Transformed but I have the feeling I would have liked Racing more and if a third proper All Stars Racing title comes out then I hope it goes back to straight up Mario Kart meets Outrun.

Transformed being a massive love letter to Sega history was great, though. There's a Panzer Dragoon stage!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing the first game has over the second is the cast. Ttansformed would have been perfect if it just had a few of the missing characters (Opa-Opa ChuChus, Zobio & Zobiko, and so on) from the first game.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
There's something about the first one that made me like it better. Transformed may have been the more polished and perhaps even technically better game, but I always have kind of preferred the first. I liked its tracks, gameplay and challenges. Maybe part of it was the shock at how it actually turned out well and how much fun I had with it, but it was a damned good game either way.

It did bug out on me and not award credit for 100%-ing it, but oh well. It was difficult to fully complete all of those challenges.

I never did finish Transformed, though not intentionally. I plan to go back.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Transformed is the better game but I prefer the original's roster since it features a few more niche characters like OpaOpa and the Bonanza Bros.