• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Dead or Alive. Keep the combat mechanics the same, but toss in the thousands of mindless enemies to punch in the face of musou games.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I've been digging their recent games like Age of Calamity, Persona 5 Strikers, and Three Hopes.
They focus on a specific world and create a story there that makes me more invested in it.
The ones where they just crossover a bunch of characters for the sake of fanservice don't do much for me.

I'd want Final Fantasy the most but not if its an unfocused mess where they just throw in every protagonist from the series.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been digging their recent games like Age of Calamity, Persona 5 Strikers, and Three Hopes.
They focus on a specific world and create a story there that makes me more invested in it.
The ones where they just crossover a bunch of characters for the sake of fanservice don't do much for me.

I'd want Final Fantasy the most but not if its an unfocused mess where they just throw in every protagonist from the series.
thats the best ones. gimme Jump warriors, like ferreal

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The answer to me will always be Final Fantasy. There's so many characters, good and bad, you can draw from. And a lot of them could very easily have their own unique move sets. It's also incredibly expandable for sequels as you introduce new characters that were missed. The thing could be a franchise onto itself.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Final Fantasy Musou. Have a bunch of FF Heroes and Villains along the lines of Dissidia, but also throw in staple FF enemies like Goblins, Bomb, Cactuar, Behemoth, Tonberry, Malboro and whatnot. You don't even need to have a rational story. Just make it a plot of convenience like "A portal to all these other dimensions opened up. Select your favorite FF character and stop the source of the dimensional rifts before timespace implodes upon itself and destroys the FF multiverse"

But this makes too much sense so it'll never happen. Boo!

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.

Hell, now that I think about it a bit more, especially Kingdom Hearts. I think at this point, a non-canon musou spinoff KH game is the only way fans are going to ever get to see the female cast members not named Aqua actually shine and kick ass. Just look at how Kairi got relegated to being the protagonist of a rhythm game. A goddamn rhythm game.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Clone Wars era Star Wars with bonus OT/ST characters would be the dream. I also don't think it'd be that hard to deal with canon (just redo episode plots or create a few new ones).

I also really want Pikmin, as a reverse Musuo where you control the mass and have to fight singular enemies.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Power Rangers is one I'd really enjoy.
Yes, yes, yes.

Mortal Kombat would be killer. There's several entire races and armies of generic grunts in the story modes now (for every side really! Netherrealm Oni, Earth monks and soldiers, Outworld soldiers in several factions, Reptile's Zaterran brethren, etc etc. Plus. it wouldn't be difficult to reimaging some characters in 3D fighting planes again given how many characters are weapon users again, and how many of those weapons already appear in Dynasty Warriors. Most of all, I think incorporating the special moves in the right way could lead to some really interesting and cool reinterpretations of some of the more famous attacks like the spear or Raiden's Superman charge, they really have a lot of potential for wow factor with the musou attacks.
This is amazing.

I will avoid repeating any of the other (great) suggestions in this thread, and suggest a few new ones.

The world of The Wonderful 101 could probably make for a decent Warriors game. An Ed, Edd n Eddy Warriors could be hilarious. A Samurai Jack Warriors could be interesting if they go deep into the supporting cast for character picks. I think we're due for another Dynasty Warriors Gundam title as well.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Most major Shonen would work well. I'd love to see Naruto, Bleach, My Hero, and One Punch Man.

Besides that, Marvel and DC would be amazing!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I am shocked there isn't a Star Wars musou already. It feels like it would work really well. Final Fantasy as well. They have a Dragonquest one, they can do Final Fantasy.

It goes against the themes of the series, but a Dark Souls musou would be great as well.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Castlevania musou where you play as Dracula mowing down armies.

latest

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
The only musou I've been able to stomach is P5S (and I really liked it). I think the rest are some of the most mid games I've ever played.

If the Musou part was kept to a minimum I could see myself having fun with a Valkyrie Profile ARPG with some crowd combat, but Elysium will probably be enough for me in that regard.

Actually this would be amazing. Lots of crowds of centurions, slap em all. All the french comic onomatopoeia words flashing on the screen, dirt clouds etc. Give it some semi decent level design and a village management side hustle.

Well now I'm preemptively sad that this idea will never happen.

Asterisk and Oblex back in action.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls, seriously. Make it like the war against the dragons or some shit

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars would work very well with Disney's current understanding of lightsabers working like hard glow sticks. Joke aside I've been wishing for a SW Musou for years.

My other wish would be a Super Sentai (or Power Rangers) massive crossover. That'd be super cool.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted a Warcraft musou, back when I thought Warcraft was cool.

The only musou I've been able to stomach is P5S (and I really liked it). I think the rest are some of the most mid games I've ever played.
Back when there was a drought of good melee combat games around musou games were like an oasis in the desert but nowadays you're spoilt for choice. Even western developers have caught up in many ways and there is a wealth of good indie games with good combat.

I dont think any of us Musou fans were ever under the illusion that these games were good, but they scratched an itch for us.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I want to see Asterix someday for the sake of it because it makes sense to have the roman army as bowling pins.

So in general, I want to see series where it'd make sense for the heroes to be that powerful against the low-common enemies. No More Heroes makes sense, maybe Megaman and Digimon too if they used characters from the different series for both of them.

By comparison, with Fire Emblem it still feels weird that enemy soldiers could fall so easily, and in AoC I had to adjust to it.

Honestly Dragalia Lost and Pretty Cure.
This could make me check out the different series after the original.
If they added Magical Doremi characters it would be amazing too, though they did have that rule of "never using magic to hurt or heal".

Last edited:

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
Rotkboxart2.jpg

These old games were basically western musous anyway, just make them a bit less clunky and add thirty times the enemies on screen

This was the only one I could think of because my first thoughts were Zelda and Berserk and they kinda did those

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine a Dragon Ball musou. Let me shoot huge energy beams at hundreds of alien grunts

SevenOfRhyme

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Power Rangers
Final Fantasy
Ys
Dragalia Lost

Honestly just looking for anything with a big roster of cool characters mixed with jokey characters like Agatha in hyrule warriors.

Edit: I've always thought most fighting game rosters would make great musou characters. Give me Guilty Gear Warriors!

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Destiny. Some of those abilities and weapons are really fun to use against crowds. Just turn that to eleven with hundreds of enemies on screen.

You could use named characters like Zavala, Ikora and Cade and give them supercharged class abilities and signature weapons to fit the typical Musou template.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I have a laundry list of them, but I'll try to keep this short and just pick a few I think could possibly happen:

Nintendo (Smash Warriors, I guess?)
Final Fantasy
Gundam (again)
Xenoblade
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I've been waiting for a Xenoblade Musou since 2015 or so, as soon as Zelda got it I thought it would be the next in line...Yeah that didn't happen

Oct 27, 2017
I'd quite like to see one for God of War. I think there's a lot of material they could mine across the two mythologies we have seen so far and they could have an epic mix of bosses with small characters like Heracles, Perseus and Baldur as well as huge bosses like Colossus of Rhodes and Cronos.

Obviously the focus would be Kratos but he's probably had about 10+ different weapons at this point, with probably 4-5 of them feeling distinct (blades, axe, sword, spear) and a lot of the other weapons (especially the ones from GoW3) feeling a lot like Blades of Chaos reskins. You could also have a handful of different playable characters, like Kratos, BOY, Deimos, and Faye. I think it would definitely fit the mould of a Musou game and the story doesn't really matter. Say the two worlds are colliding because of something Kratos did and all of his history is mashing together blah blah, the story isn't really important but wailing on armies as Kratos would sure be a lot of fun!