• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
  • Bravely Default II
  • Capcom Arcade Stadium
  • Cotton Reboot
  • Cyber-Shadow
  • Eastward
  • Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection
  • Gotta Protectors sequel
  • Monster Hunter Rise
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
  • Saviors of Sapphire Wings & Stranger of Sword City Revisited
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • The Silver 2425
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Last edited:

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet & Clank
Nier
Persona 5 Strikers
Disco Elysium
Prince of Persia
Ys IX
Ryza 2
Yakuza 7 PS5
SMT III Remaster

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as dates games go Im looking forward to mario 3d world, nier, and returnal. Im waiting on the xbox version of deathloop before i play it.

as for undated stuff. Ratchet and clank and gran turismo for sure. I hope gran turismo
Is still coming out next year

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Day One:
Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Eventually:
Super Mario 3D World
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet & Clank
Nier (unless I hate Automata)
Balan Wonderworld

Want to see more but interested:
SMT III Remaster (I have never played a SMT game so I am curious)
Returnal
Deathloop

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting Monster Hunter Rise to probably be my GOTY for 2021 (unless they really fuck something up) so it's easily that. I'm buzzing.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely getting Hitman 3, and Nier, may get the Mass Effect Trilogy depending on what the remaster benefits are. I've played the hell out of ME 1 to 3 and I own all the collector's editions, so I'm still debating about double-dipping.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Kena
Ratchet
Returnal
GT7
Control
Disco Elysium
Werewolf The Apocalypse
Stray (is this first half 2021?)
Volcano High (if it's something like Night in the Woods)

Last edited:

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
NieR and Persona 5 Strikers are the only games I plan to get on release.

Will likely get games like R&C, Deathloop, Nocturne Remaster, Ys IX and Bravely Default II later in the year.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a bunch I'm very interested in:
Hitman 3 - less than a month!
Kena
Returnal
Rift Apart
Mass Effect
Little Nightmares 2
Deathloop

I hope those games won't suffer huge delays.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
The Medium
Outriders
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Nier
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection
Shin Megami Tensei HD
Deathloop
Resident Evil Village (assuming it makes it by April as leaks show)
GhostWire (if it's the first part of 2021)
Disco Elysium The Final Cut (never played the original)

Maybes:
Returnal (like what I see, but...roguelike...)
Monster Hunter Rise (I feel like I always want to get into these, but never can)

Pretty packed first half of the year if nothing gets pushed back.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Bravely Default 2 and Far Cry 6. I'm very hyped for Bravely Default 2, and still gutted that it didn't get a Collector's Edition. As far Far Cry 6 I really want to play it, but still need to finish Far Cry 5 and Primal before I get it so I'm thinking I might take a while to play that. That also assumes that it doesn't get delayed again.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
  • January
    • 20th - Hitman 3
    • 28th - The Medium
  • February
    • xx - Destruction AllStars
    • 12th - Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
  • March
    • 19th - Returnal (Despite it being priced a bit high, I'll be there day one. Housemarque are brill)
    • 26th - It Takes Two (Should be a good follow up for my fiancĂ© and I, after we're done with Unravel 2)
    • 26th - Monster Hunter Rise (Likely picking this up with the same group I played MHW with)
  • April
    • 23rd - Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (Loved Nier Automata, but I've never played the original)
  • May
    • 21st - Deathloop (I'll buy anything by Arkane)
  • June
    • 22nd - Back 4 Blood

Last edited:

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
It Takes Two

That's about it. I"m unusually uninterested in most of the Q1+Q2 stuff.

Edit: I forgot about Kena. That one has piqued my interest.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 Strikers
Nier Replicant 36475849293638293.3737
Kena Bridge of Spirits
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
and a few indie games that were originally releasing in 2020 but didn't and don't have dates at the moment

and the games we've seen but still don't have release dates for but would make sense for first half of 2021:
Tales of Arise
Babylons Fall
Scarlet Nexus

also how is Granblue Fantasy: Relink a 2022 game now?
Lastly, what in the hell is Platinum games up to? they've been radio silent for a long time but are working on a ton of stuff apparently.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Death Loop
Disco Elysium

and Ratchet & Clank if it makes in time

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Deathloop
Humankind
Forgotten Fields
Little Nightmares II
Nioh 2 (PC)
Yakuza 6 (PC)

I'm probably most excited to play the last two lol.

Edit: Mass Effect Legendary Edition too, if it comes out in the first half as planned.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I see Little Nightmares II is poised to fly all the way under the radar. That and Monster Hunter Rise are my most anticipated. Story of Seasons, It Takes Two, and P5 Strikers are on my to get list. That's only Q1 stuff, I imagine we'll see some more Q2 release dates confirmed in the coming weeks.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Nier and Nioh 2 (already preordered this one) are the big ones. Still on the fence about Deathloop, depends if it can be played offline or not--so that's a wait for reviews title.

Also, a bunch of Indie games: Ancient Abyss, Guardian of Lore, Tartapolis, Smelter, Cyber Shadow, Orange Cast, Olija, Onirike, Omno, F.I.S.T., M.E.A.T. RPG, etc- these are just the ones that have committed to a date or quarer in 2021, there's probably gonna be more titles that are just "2021" for now.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cybershadow in January. Told myself I was done with the 8-bit aesthetic, but I'm a sucker for fast paced ninja games so I'll make an exception.

in February there's several platformers. Super Mario 3D World is the big one. One of my favorite Mario Games, and I hear it'a movement speed is faster, which can only be a plus. Then there's Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection, which went from a "no!" to a "ehh maybe" to a "Yes!" very quickly going over the official website and videos. And there's a little indie game from Brazil called Super Mombo Quest dropping that month that looks right up my alley.

Axiom Verge 2, the sequel to last decades greatest Metroid game, is supposed to be an early 2021 title, as is Steel Assault, a very cool looking 16-but action platformer.

Ratchet and Clank is supposed to be in the first half of the year, hopefully April cuz that month looks vacant. Deathloop in May, and rumor has it Far Cry 6 is in May as well...hopefully better than FC5.

the Mass Effect remasters have me excited to return to that series again. And rumor that Ninja Gaiden trilogy is coming out soon, hopefully on Steam.

then of course we got Doom Eternal DLC, more Gears 5 dlc, maybe even Streets of Rage 4 DLC.

so a lot of potential Cool games, in all shapes and sizes. I will say I don't think there's any big GOTY contenders for me in this first half, unless Deathloop or Ratchet are crazy good. First half of 2020 gave me Ori, Doom Eternal, Last of Us 2, Streets of Rage 4, Half Life Alyx. That's a high ass bar and I'm not seeing 2021 topping that.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3
Deathloop
Returnal
Resident Evil Village
Gotham Knights (pending it hits around June)

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Resident Evil VIII is coming in the first half of 2021 then it's that.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Deathloop
The Medium
Returnal

There are others I'm looking forward to too but most of them probably will be later in the year or slip to 2022 I bet
Not enough Outriders love :(

I played the beta which was a decent couple of hours of the game. Game is hella janky. It's not outright bad and I think there's probably some good stuff in there buried under the not so good, but it's one of those games that I really don't think anyone should buy it at full price. It'd be a decent $20 purchase, but there are just so many better shooters out there with superior gameplay and storytelling. Outriders feels like a 360/PS3 era shooter with how the gameplay feels and how they're going about the story and characters. Game feels very dated.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Bravely Default 2
Nocturne HD
Monster Hunter Rise
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (hopefully)
Super Mario 3D World+Bowsers Fury

Homura

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 20, 2019
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Nier Replicant

These are all day one

Hennessy

Dec 8, 2020
Hitman 3
Prince of Persia Remake
(i have a bad feeling about this)
Disco Elysium
NieR Replicant ver1.22474487139 (so
pretentious)
Resident VIII

The Medium

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Nier 1
Yakuza Trilogy PC
Nioh 2 PC
Cyberpunk (waiting on new PC for my playthrough)

Just a few, i don't even have a list of everything releasing.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kena, Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, ME Legendary Edition, Ratchet and Clank (presumably), It Takes Two, Returnal, Lego Star Ward Skywalker Saga, and Nioh and Nioh 2 next-gen patches.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Almost nothing I'm interested in has a confirmed release date yet. There's only:
  1. Disco Elysium (March)
  2. NieR Replicant (April 23)
  3. Back 4 Blood (June 22)
Nothing else with dates has convinced me yet. Other than that, I'm really hoping that these aren't far away:
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Psychonauts 2
  • 12 Minutes
  • Sable
  • New Pokemon Snap
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • It Takes Two
  • Stray

Last edited: