• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I gotta say when I think about it the ones I spent the most time on were Tekken 7, SFV, Dragonball FighterZ and Smash Bros. I spent so much time on them. I was surprised to see I had that many hours on some of these games when I checked my playtime on PS5.

What about you?

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
Smash and Blazblue. I also played a lot of Skullgirls, but mainly the single player stuff.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smash bros Ultimate and mainly Pokken Tournament DX (deluxe) the latter especially captured my heart with its fantastically varied characters and gameplay styles and the incredibly fun mechanics the game has!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Naruto Storm 3 (yes, counting time spent after PS4 came out) and Storm 4 easily. So many hours of playing versus with friends.
After those it's Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2. Love that game.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
SF5, which I have about 350 hours in and have forgotten LITERALLY everything about it.

DBZF, which I have about 150 hours in and have forgotten LITERALLY everything about it.

Granblue Versus which I have about 120 hours in and still have a bit of memory of. I'll likely jump back in once the construction on my house is done.

The thing that stopped me from playing DBFZ was how absolutely terrible the online was. The penalty for rage quitting was to be a pink named account, but then the pink named accounts were in the same matchmaking queue as everyone else, so there was literally no penalty other than people maybe refusing the match manually. Arcsys is absolutely shit when it comes to online features in their games, even beyond their needless fighting against rollback and crossplay.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
SFV, Tekken 7 and Smash Ultimate are the ones i have invested the most time in.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
It's a 3 way tie between SFV, Tekken 7 and Ultra SFIV.

Smash Ultimate would have been there but the DLC choices, with the exception of Terry and Banjo, have been pretty bad.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Being a capcom fanboy I had to drop SFV, it was plain boring hoping for a return to form with 6.. with that said DBFz took all my time (still is)

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
SF5, which I have about 350 hours in and have forgotten LITERALLY everything about it.

DBZF, which I have about 150 hours in and have forgotten LITERALLY everything about it.

Granblue Versus which I have about 120 hours in and still have a bit of memory of. I'll likely jump back in once the construction on my house is done.
Thats the best part. I still go back to GGXXR since its probably my most played fighting game of all time.....mess around not knowing what the hell im doing......then like an hour later im playing like i did 20 years ago haha.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Tekken 7 (I'm still playing) and DBFZ.

I'm thinking in maybe dabble a little bit with SFV, hmmmmmmmmmm

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Smash 4 (remember, Wii U was the same generation as PS4/XB1)
Smash Ultimate
SFV
Tekken 7
Dragon Ball FighterZ

Those are the ones I put some decent time into. I played a little MKX, SoulCalibur, and Guilty Gear, but not that much.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Guilty Gear Xrd and Tekken 7 probably. I modded out my two arcade sticks with art for my mains in them specifically.

I played UNI a lot too.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tekken 7
DBFZ (best fighter this gen)
Smash Ultimate

I've put over 250 hours into all of these games. Not playingaby fighters right now but I'm super exited for the new Guilty Gear. Maybe we'll finally get VF6 on Ps5 :)

Oct 27, 2017
Mortal Kombat X is the only fighting game I played with regularity last gen, and almost exclusively with friends, like split screen local/couch co op.

I've always enjoyed Smash and pretty much any DBZ game, though.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I have 1201 hours in SFV on one account.

I have 6 accounts.

I've played something like 30 fighting games this gen and SFV is by far the most played.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
SFV and DBFZ. Sadly I don't have the time I wish I did to play those games as much as I'd like to.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Tekken 7. So amazing. Characters, music, moves, mechanics , graphics, community, player base....

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
played marvel vs capcom infinite for a while but gave up due to hating just about everything about the game.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Power Rangers Battle for the Grid
  2. King of fighters 14
  3. Dragonball Fighter Z
I played Injustice 2, MK11, Blaz Blue Tag, MVCI, and a handful of others but I'd say in order those are the ones I played the most. I stopped with Dragonball Fighter Z and Injustice 2 honestly when my save data for both was wiped in a transfer from ps4 to ps4 pro debacle. Just felt too burned out to grind my content back in those and by then Injustice 2 was long done and the DBFZ dlc was all goku vegetas so I was done. Game just felt repetitive and very very restrictive by that point. Shoulda been playing BBTAG that whole time instead to be honest. Had more fun with it.

Kof 14 and BFTG by far were the best overall experiences I had. Start to finish they were always a blast every time I picked them up with tons to freestyle and do as well as tons of variety in movesets. Gimmie more like that and I'll be happy.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
According to my PS5 and Switch.

Street Fighter V: 1814 hours (including betas)

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection: 128 hours (mostly 3rd Strike)

Samurai Shodown: 41 hours

Ultra Street Fighter II: 30 hours

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 25 hours (mostly just unlocking characters and World of Light...what a chore)

Mortal Kombat 11: 17 hours

Fighting EX Layer: 17 hours

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite: 15 hours

The King of Fighters XIV: 14 hours

Pocket Rumble: 5 hours

Granblue Fantasy: Versus: 4 hours

Guilty Gear Xrd: 4 hours

Fantasy Strike: 1 hour

Tekken 7: 1 hour

That Tekken number is wrong. I didn't put a lot of time in, but it was at least 5 to 10 hours. I love watching that game, though. Probably spent 10 times as much time watching as I did playing.

I can't check my Killer Instinct time, but I would guess around 10 hours.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
It's funny, I remember playing it at evo the year before it came out. Got the matcatz pro fight stick at launch with the game and loved it. Then I remember eventually getting angry at the lack of content as the game slowly came out with more characters through updates. I was ready to write it off and get into guilty gear, Marvel and dbz FighterZ. However every time I would boot up another fighter I would end up just wanting to play SFV. Something about the game's mechanics are just really addicting.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. 290 hours in SFV. I've rarely bothered with it since the end of Season 2... maybe even before that. SFV is just 'ugh SFV'. Lmao.

161 hours in Tekken 7. I'd have assumed that I would have played it closer to the amount of time that I put into SFV but I guess I've still got a ways to go.

Managed 50 hours on SF4 and 23 on Anniversary Collection. The netcode on Anniversary Collection sadly constrained that release in a big way, would have very much liked to have played it more than that.

All of these are on PS4. I picked up Anniversary Collection and a few randoms on Switch alongside a few others on PS4 but haven't given any of those any serious amount of time.

Here's hoping we get better support across this gen for high quality netcode on all fighting games, though I think I'm going to have to get fightcade running if I want that for classic titles.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Street Fighter V definitely at the top of my most played fighters this gen. Below that I think is either Mortal Kombat X or Dragon Ball FighterZ and after that would be Tekken 7.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Smash Ultimate and Soulcalibur VI. Glad we actually got a Soulcalibur at all and the series isn't dead, even if I've got some minor grievances with it.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now realising mine gets a bit odd after the typical start
Smash Ultimate leading the pack
Followed by Street Fighter V
Yup, pretty standard for me, basically the same as last gen...

Then there's a big gap and the next in line are probably...
Injustice 2: I'm not even a big DC nut of anything, I just remember this released in a sorta dry period and provided a strong amount of single player content, well presented and pretty fun, basically did a lot of work turning around my opinion on Nether Realm's games after some local multiplayer with MKX got the ball rolling

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: I shit you not, of course you have the usual CC2 story mode of being the closest thing I get to Asura's Wrath these days, but also it was a reliable go to local multiplayer option with a friend of mine and that ramps the game time up considerably.
Sometimes you just want dumb flashy fun with unbalanced characters yo

ARMs I guess to wrap it up? its online implementation was surpringly good, the game itself feels like it needs more spice so to speak though.

Interesting to think about considering I owned Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Killer Instinct and one of the versions of Guilty Gear Xrd (the first one I think?)
I can't get my head around Tekken with no character I gravitate towards, I did give SC6 a good punt I thought but I guess these 3D fighters are harder for me to wrap my head around so they never stuck, especially because local multiplayer has basically fallen off the map for me this gen in fighting games (Naruto was early enough to still get its MP in) and Namco's titles were not great online experiences, saying that Tekken just got beefed up so maybe I could give it another go.
Killer Instinct I was just waaaaay too late to the party for, I'd love to see MS try and bring it back in this new gen so I can give it a real shot
GG just did nothing for me, never followed up on any other of the Arc Systems Works barrage as a result, a shame seeing how much work they put in this gen.

A lack of local multiplayer on my end compared to last gen really did just knock the wind out of my attempts to get into a number of games, my hopes for the now current gen is for the devs to really hone in on making welcoming online experiences with cross platform play