• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda miss NBA street in particular. They had SSX and FIFA street as well. All good to great titles. Any idea why EA closed the studio? I assumed they were doing fine.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
It was more of a brand name than a specific studio. I think EA's move away from arcadey games in general was part of it's demise. They should consider bringing back NBA Street and FIFA Street, they were great games

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
EA Sports BIG was just a label for their arcade-style sports games. They stopped making arcade-style sports games so no more label.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
They're EA Canada.

EA Big was just a label man

Also NBA Street will never get a sequel bexause the NBA of that time is WAYY too different

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
They weren't doing well. It fell to the increased popularity of online sports and the need for those games to be more sim. NBA Jam and such came when the console hardware then made "sim" gameplay more challenging to re-create. That ended during the PS2 era.

It was a 1990s brand in a 2000s world. It's weird how often it is brought up here but I'd imagine people that post here are the only ones that remember. During this same period, NBA 2K vs NBA Live, Madden vs NFL 2K and NHL vs NHL 2K was at their heights of popularity.

SSX was the only game that made it out alive and even that has been a financial failure since.

OP
OP
Killer

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
It was more of a brand name than a specific studio. I think EA's move away from arcadey games in general was part of it's demise. They should consider bringing back NBA Street and FIFA Street, they were great games
EA Sports BIG was just a label for their arcade-style sports games. They stopped making arcade-style sports games so no more label.
They're EA Canada.

EA Big was just a label man

Also NBA Street will never get a sequel bexause the NBA of that time is WAYY too different
Didn't know about that. They should work on some of these titles along with FIFA

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Didn't know about that. They should work on some of these titles along with FIFA
Eh, they recognise they don't need to in order to make the big bucks.

I'd love to see the return of arcade sports titles next gen but I ain't holding my breath. Aside from Rocket League, Mutant Football League and NBA Playgrounds, I can't think of any to come out of this gen from the AA/AAA space.

OP
OP
Killer

Killer

Oct 27, 2017

I'd love to see the return of arcade sports titles next gen but I ain't holding my breath. Aside from Rocket League, Mutant Football League and NBA Playgrounds, I can't think of any to come out of this gen from the AA/AAA space.
I'll take NBA street budget release or a remaster. NBA playgrounds didn't appeal to me at all :/.

Nov 2, 2017
I've been picking up many of their PS2 offerings on eBay. Outside of the great SSX and Street games, racers like Sled Storm, Freakstyle and Shox are awesome. EA Big delivered some goods.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018

Allow me to shout out Super Mega Baseball here, which is surprisingly deep given its appearances

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
SSX games were fucking awesome

very unfortunate we will never get proper current gen versions (like fictional arcadey type, not the more realistic 2012 game)

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Arcade sports/racing has just gone down the drain for this gen. All anybody cares about is sim, sim, sim, realistic, releastic, graphics, graphics, graphics, these days. It's sad.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Give me another FIFA Street you cowards!

That game was fan-tas-ti-co.

tenor.gif