• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tokyo mirage sessions
animal crossing
brain age
xenoblaDE
new 2D metroid
famicom detective club
bayonetta 3
botw 2
mario+rabbids 2
detective pikachu
new kirby
super mario party 2
mario 3D world port
pikmin 3 port
metroid prime trilogy sub-HD
mario golf (not super sure about this)
new paper mario (not super sure about this)
2 games we still don't know about (think astral chain or ultimate alliance)

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
If only one game out of all of those stood out to you, then Nintendo First party might not be for you lol
Oh, but they are! They've made at least 8-10 games I've really loved on each of their consoles, but so far only maybe 1 (Odyssey, but barely) for Switch.
We still have a few more years left to go though!

Maybe I've just gotten more jaded with age, but it's hard to imagine that many people would think the list I posted beats the all-time greats from Nintendo's past.

This might not be the platform for you :( Also, Nintendo is publishing like 20 games a year and there's quite a lot missing from those lists
It is, I love my Switch, but mostly thanks to the indies. :) And yes, they have published a lot of games, but mostly ports. And I'm talking more about the in-house games. No one would say Astral Chain is a "Nintendo game" rather than a PlatinumGames game.

I really don't know how is it possible to not like splatoon and xenoblade. unless he have not played em at all.
You don't know how it's possible? :D I don't like online games or RPGs, simple as that.

It's perfectly fair for others to love them, I simply meant that Nintendo's output so far hasn't been amazing for me personally.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no more heroes 3, deadly premonition 2 and bayonetta 3, therefore im expecting greatness

dont forget to add them go your lists please

Last edited:

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Honestly, I doubt that BOTW 2 is going to come out next year, even if the overworld is going to be partially reused. Keep in mind that the last time a Zelda game has had a development cycle of less than 4 years was Wind Waker, back in 2002 - and BOTW 2's development, by virtue of releasing on a HD system, is undoubtedly going to be more difficult than that of Wind Waker.

Odyssey 2 might be a reasonable pick for Nintendo's big holiday release next year (although hopefully, the level design is going to be good once again).

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Q1: TMS#FE Encore, Animal Crossing, Outer Worlds, Trials of Mana
Q2: Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Mario sports title, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, Doom Eternal
Q3: Bravely Third, new EPD IP, Mario + Rabbids 2, 2D Metroid, Deathloop
Q4: BOTW 2, Sinnoh remakes, 3D World port, Bayonetta 3, Gods and Monsters

Edit: Added expected major third-party releases
Deathloop won't be on Switch. They wouldn't even confirm that or Ghostwire Tokyo for PS4 or XB1.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Astral Chain is as much Nintendo as Fire Emblem and Pokemon are. Nintendo owns the trademarks. They produced with Platinum. It's their game. It's first party.
Doesn't matter who owns what game. Astral Chain screams PlatinumGames (which is not a Nintendo studio), while Fire Emblem screams Intelligent Systems (which is very much a Nintendo studio). Pokemon is very much Game Freak and I don't have Pokemon games included on my list of "Nintendo games" either, because I think they're too separate from the in-house Nintendo games, which were what I was referring to.

Not that this all matters, and we've gone off-topic enough.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
Doesn't matter who owns what game. Astral Chain screams PlatinumGames (which is not a Nintendo studio), while Fire Emblem screams Intelligent Systems (which is very much a Nintendo studio). Pokemon is very much Game Freak and I don't have Pokemon games included on my list of "Nintendo games" either, because I think they're too separate from the in-house Nintendo games, which were what I was referring to.

Doesn't matter who made the game. Astral Chain is first party because it's published and produced by the platform holder. Same for Death Stranding with Sony. You don't get to pick and choose what's first party and what isn't.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017

Not that this all matters, and we've gone off-topic enough.

Intelligent systems is actually not a Nintendo studio.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't matter who made the game. Astral Chain is first party because it's published and produced by the platform holder. Same for Death Stranding with Sony. You don't get to pick and choose what's first party and what isn't.
Fine, I'm sorry I used the term "first party" in my original post. I meant Nintendo developed games.

Intelligent systems is actually not a Nintendo studio.
Fair enough, they're apparently an "affiliate company", same as Grezzo, Good-Feel, Next Level Games etc. It's close enough. Apparently Game Freak too, so it would have been fair to include Pokemon games after all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_development_teams

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If we get a new Kirby, I really hope it's single-player.

The series won't be truly great again unless it goes back to playing like Triple Deluxe and Robobot.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guesses

Jan - Tokyo Mirage x FE
Feb - Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Mar - Animal Crossing
Apr - Yoshi Puzzle League (Tetris Attack)
May - Nintendo Switch Sports
June - Xenoblade Remake
July - Detective Pikachu 2
August - New 3D Mario (EAD Tokyo)
September - Detective Club
October - Bayonetta 3
November - Zelda: BOTW2
December - Super Mario Party 2

Donkey Kong Country, New Pokemon, Pikmin 4, 2D Metroid, Mario Golf, Wario Ware Switch, Kirby platformer, Marvel Alliance 4, New Fire Emblem, Ring Fit 2, Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD, F-Zero League (pretty please Nintendo) for 2021.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I think 2020 will be a "down year" like 2018 was, not that its a bad thing, its just a time where they reload to give us another 2017 and 2019 type year.

Here's what I expect:
January: TMS#FE
March: Animal Corssing New Horizons
May: Xenoblade 1 definitive edition
June: Mario Golf
September: Super Mario 3D World
November: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Remake
December: Bayonetta 3

Something along the lines of this (admittedly for some of these games I chose a random slot in the year, but these are the ones I expect sometime next year generally)

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Oh, but they are! They've made at least 8-10 games I've really loved on each of their consoles, but so far only maybe 1 (Odyssey, but barely) for Switch.
Maybe I've just gotten more jaded with age, but it's hard to imagine that many people would think the list I posted beats the all-time greats from Nintendo's past.
I'm curious to see your list of 8-10 for the last few consoles. What were your standout Wii/Wii Eww/3DS games?

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see your list of 8-10 for the last few consoles. What were your standout Wii/Wii Eww/3DS games?
The Nintendo developed games I really loved on Wii U were NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker and Breath of the Wild. Nintendo Land and Smash U would be closer to "almost loved".

3DS definitely didn't have that many, it was another underwhelming platform when it comes to Nintendo games for me. The Wii.. I'll have to look up what they released, but it might be hard to reach 8 as well.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Etrian Odyssey Switch coming, bet it's Untold 3. Atlus won't be going a year without an EO drop.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
For 2020... these are confirmed

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Animal Crossing
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Dr. Kawashima's Braintraining

As for the rest, my personal expectations;

Pikmin 3 Plus
Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta 3
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2
Metroid 2D (Samus Returns follow up)
Mario Golf
Some out of the blue game from a third party which they publish
One third party game you would never expect them to push

Other random games and thoughts

Persona 5 Scramble
Deadly Premonitions 2 (So happy)
Devil May Cry 3 SE
Doom Eternal
Samurai Shodown
Final Fantasy Crystal Chroniciles
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Digimon Survive
The Outer Worlds
Mega Man ZeroZX Collection
Trials of Mana
The Snack World
Empire of Sin
No More Heroes III
Gods and Monsters

Random guesses

Devil May Cry 4 SE
Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection
New Crash game
Tales of Arise Switch Edition
SMT V (Reveal 2020, release late 2021 lol)
New Nintendo x Ubisoft collab
Other PS4/Xbox One games making the jump to Switch. Can't really say which ones, because thats too random.
Project Zero VI
Ace Atorney 7 (Please Capcom)

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
Even if I think it's not reasonable at all to sell them full-price, Wii U ports are still a good thing for everyone. I see people complaining about it and I understand why but a LOT of people did not have the Wii U, which was the first HD console of Nintendo. That means that great games that took more time and ressources than before have a chance to finally expand their audience. I can't see how it could be a bad thing. Era, or Nintendo fans who got the Wii U, are not all the audience.

And t's not as if ports prevented Nintendo from releasing new games:

In 2019 we had 3 new IPs ( the forgettable Daemon X Machina but also Astral Chain RFA, 2 of the best Switch games of the year ) Luigi's Mansion 3, a new Pokemon, a new FE, a new Yoshi game, a new Marvel Game. I don't talk about Link's Awakening because it's a remake or Mario Maker 2.

In 2020, we'll have a new Animal Crossing, probably Bayonetta 3, and we are talking about a new Zelda, a potential new Mario, a potential new 2D Metroid, a new sport game and lots of stuff we know nothing about, but that's the end of the world if we also have 2 or 3 ports? Why? What's the problem? If you already have 3D World or Pikimin 3, just don't buy them. We are literally complaining about more games being avalable. That does not make any sense.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 really grabbed, so I'm very excited for the remake of the first one next year.

As for what I expect, I think it pays to consider what we knew going into 2019 at this point last year: At the end of 2018, we knew about Yoshi, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokémon (untitled at the time still). Super Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, TLOZ: Link's Awakening, Ring Fit and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 were unknown at this point last year. For 2019, we know about Animal Crossing, XBC1 Remake, and TMS#FE in terms of notable Nintendo published exclusives (not sure why I listed TMS#FE in this list tbh).

So we know about fewer titles than we did last year, but there are a number of titles announced in 2017 that should see some movement and possibly a release in 2020. These are SMT V and Bayonetta 3. I expect both of them to launch in 2020, although a 2021 release for one of them is not at all impossible. Besides that, we should be seeing games from some 2017 teams, like the Mario Kart team (they finished ARMS in 2017, so 2020 is an option for a new game), and the Zelda team might be finished with BOTW 2. Same thing holds for the 3D Mario team: if they go for an iterative improvement on Odyssey in a sequel (Galaxy style), then I think they could have the game ready for 2020. Considering Monolith Soft are putting out XBC1 remake, I do not expect them to have another title ready for 2021, if they are indeed working on another project besides XBC1 and BOTW 2 (as a support studio). Besides that, I'm not too sure which Nintendo teams could be putting out games next year, as I don't have a clear map of which teams are unaccounted for.

Edit: Pikmin could definitely feature as well. We heard from Emily that they rebooted at some point a few years ago, so that could explain the wait. We'll see if it surfaces. Word is H1 2020 should see a Pikmin 3 remaster with added content released as well, so the next 6 months should give some pointers.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the holidays we'll get BotW 2 and Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

Prime 4 is holiday 2021.

Dec 2, 2017
Hey You, Pikachu! : Revelations
RC Pro Am III: Rise of the RC Pro Am
Gumshoe Infinite
Clu Clu Land Apocalypse
Baten Kaitos 64
1080 Snowboarding Inquisition
Link's Crossbow Training: Armageddon
Dr. Mario: Revolution
Uniracers - Also Spracht Zarathustra/Der Wille Zur Macht (double release)
Mario Paint: Origins
Itoi Shigesato Bass Fishing: Devil Summoner

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
I know another port blah blah, but I would love a Windwaker release (for all us who skipped the WiiU).

slashf

Oct 28, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Bayoneta 3
Mario 3d World
Pikmin 4
SOme new game from Platinum
New wario Ware
New Mario Kart
New Star Fox

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They seem to have moved on from Ezio collection. I mean if that was ever in plans, why release AC4 before it? Also Ezio Collection is 3 games while Unity is just one. Maybe it's not that easier than to down port Unity.

As for Saints Row 4, that's the most logical option for a last gen port, don't you think? Deep Silver has been supporting Such with last gen ports, I think they'll do SR4 next. I can't think of another studio bringing any last gen ports other than Ubi, THQ Nordic/Deep Silver and Capcom.
I don't think Ubisoft will actually be able to downport Unity based on how the Steep Switch port just never materialized. I guess they had trouble optimizing their old engine for Switch or something. I think they will either go back to the Ezio collection or the AC port train ends at AC4/Rogue.

I completely forgot there was a fourth Saint's Row on last-gen consoles lol, thought you were talking about the new Saint's Row confirmed to be in development. Yeah a Saint's Row 4 port seems likely
Deathloop won't be on Switch. They wouldn't even confirm that or Ghostwire Tokyo for PS4 or XB1.
I highly doubt that Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo are next-gen only games. If they were Bethesda would have said it outright at their reveals like they did for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6. Bethesda is weirdly keen on building a fanbase on Switch (Nintendo moneyhats?) so I don't foresee Switch getting excluded from Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo (if the latter actually ships; seems like it's in trouble). Wolfenstein 3 might be next-gen only, Doom Eternal follow-up definitely will.

Last edited: