• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_ooqljwRksY1ue9jcxo6_250.gifv

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
you mean me..? like me personally? uhmm, i was NOT prepared to be questioned on this at this moment (i'm kind of busy now trying to order PIZZA), but fine, i will say that personally i have always tried to stay away, to keep a safe distance. happy?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're dope. I don't know if I'd call them cute but their bald appearance looks cool to me.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty staunchly in the "this is literally what every cat looks like under the fur, you just want to ignore it" camp.

I think they're adorable, bizarre though they may seem at first. Then again, I also like hairless dogs like the Chinese Crested, so maybe I'm the weird one.

i know what humans look like under the skin too but that doesn't mean i want one living in my house like that

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I'm warming up to them. I love a good wrinkly pet, and with my allergies they're the #1 breed I've considered

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I find them ugly but I've met a few and they have great personalities. Plus they see, like one of the more outgoing cats as the ones I've met are ones that are being walked on a leash in a pet store. They also need a bath every week apparently cause their skin is oily.

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
I've petted one at a cat rescue once. I was surprised to learn that they have a very fine layer of hair that is super-duper soft. Rather comfy to pet actually

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I met one at a fairly young age so they never bothered me, I see them as regular cats that just don't have fur. Understand why it's jarring for people who are not used to them. They're just like any other cat, and poop cannot get stuck on their fur so that's a plus.

Oct 26, 2017
Cute, but getting one because your wife is allergic to cats is the wrong choice. A lot of cat allergies are caused by cat dandruff rather than hairs and naked cats still have that.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
I love them! Pretty sure the look will grow on you once you get to know a Sphynx and realize how amazing they are.

Personally I have two Devon Rex kittens. Some people seem to suffer from allergy problems from this breed, while others don't.
The breed can also differ alot in how thick their coat of fur is. My oldest cat has much less hair than my little guy.
I would urge you to spend some time with the specific cat breed to ensure that they don't trigger any allergy reactions, before commiting to anything. Any respectable breeder would understand that.

iFCOHCe.jpg

4o13j7X.jpg

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I love 'em! I'm also allergic so getting a cat like a Sphinx has been something I've been mulling over for a long time. They look cute and you can dress them up in sweaters to keep 'em warm.

The bulldogs of cats
LOL I actually like Bulldogs & Pugs as well. All the "ugly" animals are just so cute to me.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
According to my Allergy doctor, hairless cats won't solve allergic reactions. The allergies come from their skin oils.

Well that's my memory of what he said.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
They're the cutest, most adorable bestest cats around and my boyfriend and I have been talking about getting one. Haters gonna hate.

edit - also Sphynx cats have a tendency to be extremely affectionate, kind of like dogs. Which just makes them even more so the best

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
If we were ask to take one as fosters, yes of course we would take the care for it without hesitation. Personally, I feel sorry for these cats and would never support their further breeding.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I like them. They seem to have a pretty good personality as far as cats are concerned.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
From what I have read they also require extra care because of the lack of fur. They get cold quickly and need a heated bed or heating pads (not all cats will be OK with clothes). They also have very oily skin and can't clean themselves like a cat with fur so you have to give them weekly baths. Prone to ear infections which means you need to keep their ears clean at all times. Their skin can become dry and chapped.