• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Drop the shitty stories, drop the stupid microtransactions. I want them to go back to the direction the Hot Pursuit games had.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Make Burnout Paradise with real cars and customization. Handling should be super duper arcade, nothing like Driveclub or Forza games. Police is ok but not strictly needed.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just copy Project Gotham Racing. MS seems clear they won't, and I want someone to take up that arcade racing segment. I love racing games but I'm so bored of the underground/street racing/Fast and Furious nonsense.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like them to make a game like Criterion's Hot Pursuit. Loved the handling model in that. Kind of like diet Ridge Racer.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I want to see another Hot Pursuit like the one by Criterion. Just give me that game with a new map and cars.

CrashedAlex

Three Fields Entertainment
Verified
Nov 10, 2017
What they should do is to cease having the Marketing folks feel like they have the overall control of the franchise.

Instead, they should empower their talented development staff to make the game that they want to make.

That was the approach that I and my team took when we asked to have a crack at the franchise. As a fan of the series since the original 3DO title, the game would only have to feature 'exotics' (sorry, but we just use that term in Europe) and cop chases. The result of that was NFS HP 2010.

We had fight after fight after fight every step of the way to make that game and keep that vision intact. It was hard to tell people what Autolog was when we were still building it.

After working on two NFS games, I was done.

I quit Criterion in 2013 and set up my own independent development studio, TFE.

Our new game "Dangerous Driving" is coming in two months. For those of you looking for good solid high speed driving action on fictional courses on Islands, Deserts, Canyons, Forests and Mountains with big sweeping arse-out drifts in and out of traffic, then this might be the game for you.

Oh and we have a Pursuit Mode in there as well, where you drive as a Cop and ram multiple targets off the road against the clock.

We have 30 tracks across seven locations, 21 unique closed courses with 9 point to point courses, 5 tiers of Vehicles, with six car classes, with four model variants in each class. 75 offline events and over 273 miles of roads with a LOT of fast sliding corners.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
- Drop the fast&furious crap
- Drop the MT's
- Decent Arcade physics
- Skills should be the major factor for winning or loosing, not upgrades and grinding
- Races in daylight!
- Lengthy tracks not in cities

Our new game "Dangerous Driving" is coming in two months. For those of you looking for good solid high speed driving action on fictional courses on Islands, Deserts, Canyons, Forests and Mountains with big sweeping arse-out drifts in and out of traffic, then this might be the game for you.

Oh and we have a Pursuit Mode in there as well, where you drive as a Cop and ram multiple targets off the road against the clock.

We have 30 tracks across seven locations, 21 unique closed courses with 9 point to point courses, 5 tiers of Vehicles, with six car classes, with four model variants in each class. 75 offline events and over 273 miles of roads with a LOT of fast sliding corners.

Sounds awesome! Any idea when the store page will be up on Steam so I can wishlist it?

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
A game designed around being fun and not selling lootboxes could be an interesting concept to explore.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
What they should do is to cease having the Marketing folks feel like they have the overall control of the franchise.

Instead, they should empower their talented development staff to make the game that they want to make.

That was the approach that I and my team took when we asked to have a crack at the franchise. As a fan of the series since the original 3DO title, the game would only have to feature 'exotics' (sorry, but we just use that term in Europe) and cop chases. The result of that was NFS HP 2010.

We had fight after fight after fight every step of the way to make that game and keep that vision intact. It was hard to tell people what Autolog was when we were still building it.

Chopping out the advert. If it's any consolation the hard work put into both the game and the business management for Hot Pursuit paid off in one of the best arcade racers ever made, so thank you for that. The Most Wanted remake kept a lot of what was good from HP too but I feel that at that time the writing was on the wall for what used to be Criterion Games. A shame, because a third in the same vein would have been killer.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Underground 3 with super cheesy Razor Callahan type characters.

"Another bolt on wonderboy looking to get smoked? Why don't we save you the grief and peel those parts right now?"

Last edited:

CrashedAlex

Three Fields Entertainment
Verified
Nov 10, 2017
The only reason I am telling you about my game is the most people haven't heard of it.

Yet I see day in and day out on forums around the world...

"I wish there were games like Burnout"
"I wish there were arcade racers"

Well, here we are. I've been making one and it's just like the ones everyone is asking for...

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If there's still an ounce of Criterion from Burnout Paradise, Hot Pursuit or Most Wanted left, give it to them again.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
EA can't offer me what i want because regardless of the product it will be filled with microtransactions or always online or bullcrap like that.
In an ideal world? A sequel to Underground 2, not an evolution of the franchise but just Underground 2 with a new spin on it.

Mabec

Oct 27, 2017
A arcade game. Anything but live action movie set up. No 2F2F ripoffs. Look back at the original game. Go from there.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Burnout Paradise x Need For Speed (2015)

Combined those two together with some virtual steroids and I'll buy the next car game. Also don't forget, I WANT EVEN MORE FMV.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently done with the franchise, because they keep releasing these Need for Speed x Burnout hybrids.

Why can't both be their own thing? Why are we shoving Burnout mechanics into Need for Speed games? Why can't we go back to the simplicity that Need for Speed games used to have?

Don't see this ever changing and I find it extremely disappointing.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Keep the customization from NfS 15 and Payback, improve on everything else. Plenty of games with exotic cars so make something like Underground. Make a proper game that appeals to the car fanatics and different car cultures not just Ferraris and Lambos. Nice avatar OP, I just ordered a ZL1.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Preach, Alex. Need for Speed needs saving an overhaul and it has a lot to do with who's making the decisions. Ghost Games is a very talented team, and they should be free to make the game they want to make.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
A sequel to Hot Pursuit 2010.

I skipped NFS Rivals at the beginning of this generation and recently picked it up for 5 bucks... and quickly discovered that is actually what it is essentially, a new Hot Pursuit game. All the elements are the same, they just changed the branding. Ghost Games created a pretty beautiful world and the handling, while I don't think quite up to the HP series history, was reasonable.

BUT

The shoe-horned ubisoft-like open world elements, requiring you to free-drive, online requirement, collectathon, currency system... these were pretty big structural mistakes. As pointed out by Alex Ward in this thread, it really smacks of publisher interference.

It'd be great to hear from F8RGE in this thread - you're from Ghost Games, right? I'm sure you can't say too much but it would be nice to hear your perspective on the series moving forward.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I want Underground 3. The Underground sub series was the only time I fully enjoyed NFS. Tuning and customizing your car the way you want and cruising and racing through city streets was the best. I don't want stinking Lambos. I want real regular cars like a Corsa or a Golf or a Civic that I can build up to beat any stock Ferrari. Al that together with a rockin' soundtrack.

Phil Collins to compose the soundtrack with new original material.
I can get behind that.

Dec 15, 2017
Just put the old burnout and NFS on pc. Can't compete against forza or GT nowadays. Regarding an underground game... The mid 00s hip hop and tuner aesthetic is Going to feel fake nowadays

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The only reason I am telling you about my game is the most people haven't heard of it.

Yet I see day in and day out on forums around the world...

"I wish there were games like Burnout"
"I wish there were arcade racers"

Well, here we are. I've been making one and it's just like the ones everyone is asking for...

Yeah count me as one of the people that didn't know about this game until now. Also count me as a sale and a stan.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Wheel support
Manual shifting
Offline playable

Give me those three things and I'm 99% in. In a perfect world we'd be back to a track based game with exotic cars and locations ala NFS High Stakes but we all know that's never going to happen.