• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Take your pick:

• Control 2

Votes: 62 13.7%
  • Alan Wake 2

Votes: 152 33.6%
  • Control/Alan Wake combined sequel

Votes: 87 19.2%
  • New IP connected with that shared universe

Votes: 99 21.9%
  • New IP unconnected to that shared universe

Votes: 53 11.7%

• Total voters

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I have my personal suspicions they're working on Alan Wake 2 right now. Remedy owns the full rights to the IP, previously they had trouble with finding someone to fund it, but EPIC offered them essentially a blank check to make whatever they want with full creative freedom. With the recent Control DLC tease, and them commenting they want to make AW2 but waiting for the right time and opportunity, just call it a hunch I think they may be using the EPIC offer to fund and develop Alan Wake 2.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
honestly, anything they do I'm all in for. but since you're asking I absolutely want an Alex Casey game

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Went into the thread to vote for AW2, but the combined AW/Control option is actually more interesting now that I think about it.

Oct 30, 2017
I was thinking more along the lines of how they did the Panopticon in Control where there were a bunch of secured and loose altered items. So instead of focusing on one SCP subject, the game would have a variety of them that you discover or battle throughout the game. I mean SCP lore is so dense that it would pair well with how Remedy likes to introduce lore through video and audio.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A continuation of Alan Wake. Whether that's Alan Wake 2 or something else, I don't know. I have faith in Remedy.

And count me in as someone who would love a Quantum Break 2. TV show aside, I loved the game. One of my favourite time travel stories.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My dream would be a new Max Payne, but I don't really expect that.

I'd love to see more from the world of Control. I haven't played the DLC yet, but the story could easily go in any direction from the end of the main game, and there's a ton of rad ideas to explore in that universe. Plus I really liked Jesse as a protagonist, more of her please.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Knowing how long development cycles are these days it's honestly really hard to make a choice. I've dreamt of an Alan Wake 2 for years but I'd also like more Jesse Faden and to see how things with The Board evolve after The Foundation. I also *really* want Ahti back from vacation - one of my favourite characters in years.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking more along the lines of how they did the Panopticon in Control where there were a bunch of secured and loose altered items. So instead of focusing on one SCP subject, the game would have a variety of them that you discover or battle throughout the game. I mean SCP lore is so dense that it would pair well with how Remedy likes to introduce lore through video and audio.

Agreed. It would be cool to expand that.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Gimmie more Mr. Scratch!

To me, it's gotta be Alan Wake 2. The melee enemies they added in the Control DLC feel like the foundation (pun not intended) for what to expect of combat pacing for a AW sequel.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Not played Control so Alan Wake 2 I guess.

An AW port to PS systems would be cool to.

YCk8RSI.png

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Knowing how long development cycles are these days it's honestly really hard to make a choice. I've dreamt of an Alan Wake 2 for years but I'd also like more Jesse Faden and to see how things with The Board evolve after The Foundation. I also *really* want Ahti back from vacation - one of my favourite characters in years.

I was casually rewatching Control's into these days and the first interaction with Ahti is outstanding. He comes out a bit crazy but it all makes sense later, and how the responds to something that Jesse was only thinking to herself (and you) is a small detail that is very easy to miss but is brilliant.

McQueeno

Nov 7, 2019
I'll take anything please. Alan Wake 2, Control 2, joint sequel—whatever you're cooking, Remedy, I'm eating.

But really, the time (ha) is right for Quantum Break 2. Remedy's games are all episodic (at least I think they are; I haven't played Max Payne), so a QB sequel released episodically on Game Pass could be cool. As fun as the TV show element was, that could be shaved off to reduce the budget (I have no idea what the budgets for most first/second-party Game Pass titles look like). Besides, the way Remedy utilized live-action footage in Control was way cooler.

Anyway, Sam Lake, Phil Spencer—feel free to steal my idea, my dudes.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
After the Crossfire X story mode, Id love a Control/Alan Wake combined sequel under a new publisher.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Something Control-esque in open areas (not open world, though!). Love their gameplay. But please, continue the story of Alan Wake in some ways. Something new that would connect (or ties to) Control with AW would be amazing.

Quantum Break 2 would be cool, too. Really liked the first one. Then again Remedy could make whatever the fuck they want and I would play it. They totally scratch that itch I didn't know I'd have.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I think the whole RCU thing feels unnecessary but I'm up for whatever they do next.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fine with anything as long as it plays similar to Control, with powers and stuff.

If it's just mainly a shooter I probably won't play it.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Return to limerick naming scheme from Alan Wake and Quantum Break. Well Done Steak... you are a championship bull rider with the powers of of the Firestarter. Face capture to be provided by David Keith.

Sargerus

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Control as its a more interesting setting than Alan Wake. But yeah, based on AWE, AW2 is next.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I want less frustrating bosses than control, but the whole concept of the game was spot on. I like the concept and the Metroid-like world progression but I didn't care for the spawn points nor the bosses.

Keep the world, keep the vibe and concepts. Make it better.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Jesse way more as a protagonist compared to Alan Wake (And her setting offers a lot more 'variety' in terms of mixing up various powers/abilities, rather than Wake focusing on 'darkness'/story creation), but I feel her story was kinda-sorta completed with Control.

Alan Wake 2 is definitely coming, but I hope they come up with something for Control 2 afterwards.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
I loved everything about control but it's gameplay. So lore/world building of Control with the evolved gameplay of max Payne 2.

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
I hope the next Remedyverse game is a combined story, especially with what they teased at the end of AWE. Really want to play as Jessie out in the field, though the Oldest House is one of the coolest video game locations in recent memories. Definitely need closure for Alan Wake.

Like many others, would LOVE is Remedy somehow got the rights to Max Payne back and then just retcon'd the Alex Casey name out of existence.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, AWE pretty much sets up 2 options moving forward:

AW2 or a Control "sequel" (either sequel or spinoff) with an agent from the bureau as the protagonist.

Whatever it is, its fairly clear its going to be taking place on
Bright Falls

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Real Max Payne 3.
It won't happen, so I want a new IP. I loved both Alan Wake and Control though and can't wait for their sequels too. I mean everything from Remedy is good!

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
The world of Control is too amazing to just drop it. It deserves more time in the spotlight.

Y'know what? Just get the writers of Control to write a 800+ page book that's nothing but random documents of the FBC. I'd eat it right up.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Since they're doing some sort of Remedy-verse, it could just as easily be a new IP that connects to all their old works.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I would want every one of them options! I'd even want a Quantum Break 2 lol.

Options 3 and 4 are virtually the same to me btw.

Most preferred: maybe that combined option. A game set in the same universe that serves as a new IP and a sequel to both at the same time.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I love Alan Wake and would love to see more. Still need play AWE though so maybe thats covered. I'd definitely take another Control as well with new threats to Jesse as Director. I'm sure I'd love a new connected IP as well though. So honestly w/e they want.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to tie a reasonably-priced next-gen upgrade for Control to the Season Pass for the current gen version.

And to stop pretending like it's impossible to do so.

Otto

Oct 28, 2017
Alan Wake 2.
Do we have sales figures for Control?
Also, I'd like to see a new Quantum Break game focused on gameplay only and not that cringeworthy tv series.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Alan Wake 2. If any game deserves another shot with 4k and RT being a focus, its AW.