• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want next for the Xenoblade series?

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Votes: 289 37.9%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X2 (Sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Votes: 372 48.8%
  • New Xenoblade Chronicles game (Unrelated to previous games)

Votes: 102 13.4%

• Total voters

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
I'd like for XBX to just be buried at this point. Skell combat wasn't good, the grind was insane, overdrive was busted, the weapon balance was poor, the writing was bad, the music was downright awful... It had the best world in the series in regards to exploration but I'm not sure if that justifies a sequel.

I agree

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How about both? XC2 is one of my fav jrpg this gen while X is also one of my fav jrpg last gen.

Give us XC3 and X2 u coward.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Xenoblade Online. Nintendo's first party MMO....soooo it'll be an evolution of X's system

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Definitely X2. I really like the original and 2, but X has a great setting and a story that needs to continue. Also, I really like mecha, so more Skells (with hopefully improved mechanics and combat) is something I want to see.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
So XC3 has 110 votes while XCX2 has 120.

The people have spoken, Takahashi!

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 gets my vote. I didn't really enjoy XCX and have no interest in playing another Xeno game like it again.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If like X2. HOWEVER, I do want them to redo the structure of the game for the mainline story. Or at the minimum keep the new difficulty settings Xenoblade 2 had.

One of my biggest complaints with X was it's forced design on making you do side content to progress in the story. Which wouldn't be a major problem, except you can be punished if you just want to do the main story by being underleveled.

I had to actually abuse the scouts you can hire more than once to beat sections of the game and level up faster. An experience that could've been handled better with a different design idea.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
If they actually added a real story and charismatic characters, ditching the multiplayes aspect i would mind an X2.

But i prefer a xenoblade 3.
They are probably going with a new IP next, so thats even better, let xenoblade rest a little to come back in full force in the future.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
They would have to completely overhaul nearly every mechanic to make me interested in another X. It was a huge step back overall for the franchise, XC2 was a return to form.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
One of my biggest complaints with X was it's forced design on making you do side content to progress in the story. Which wouldn't be a major problem, except you can be punished if you just want to do the main story by being underleveled.
define "side content"

because the exploration is the focus of the game, not the story

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
X2.

It has the most intriguig and big background out of the 3.
Loved blade1. Disliked 2.
But if any needs a sequel Yesterday it's X.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love both so much but X is my favorite game of all time. I didn't want my time with it to end. I would love to see a continuation of that story considering the ending we got.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take a XCX redux version or a simple sequel. XCX has some amazing combat, exploration, and a pretty good plot to boot.
Redo most of the soundtrack and it's GOTY.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a xenoblade like 1 not 2

ideally but that ship might have sailed because the game that had success was xeno 2, darkness won. So, id rather have a continuation of x, cause of its better world and overall art/design. Maybe keep those series separated, make xeno fantasy anime and Xeno less anime sci fi

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
A X2 sequel could work, maybe as an MMO (not happening ever, but a man can dream).

The thing is that after we learn about the true past of X1 and X2, they can create any game they want and still connect it to the rest of the games. (lots of dimensions to work with).

I prefer Monolithsoft to go and create a new IP though, one that can be expanded in the future without it feeling artificial or forced.

I want a decade long story/lore Monolithsoft!

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
X2. There are ideas that are very good, but just lacked polish in execution. A sequel would be the perfect opportunity for that.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Xenoblade is a bit like final fantasy now where each new mainline entry is it's own unique thing.

I'd love a Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It seems primed for the most creatively satisfying route for Monolith and will be a brand new world to fall in love with.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've not played X yet, but alternating between the two styles of games would be a good idea and please everyone in the long run. So I'd say X2 next.

As for numbered entries, I think it's safe to say that Blades are here to stay.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why not both?

If you twist my arm and force me, X2 and after that normal 3

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For the Ui not to take up most of the screen

Seriously it's terrible in all the games

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
The possibilities of continuing the main series are bigger but I have a feeling that MS is efficient enough to give XCX a proper closure as well.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Xenoblade Chronicles X series idk just doesn't seem all that interesting to me. I'm hoping for a Xenoblade 3, I have a feeling they'll go that route.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Not really. Takahashi said he's interested in making a sequel to X or a separate Xenoblade universe (aka not Xenoblade 3).

The thing is that XC2 is the best selling entry in the series (and the best selling Takahashi game) so the most logical and profitable direction would be to release a new game in the same vein.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
a xenoblade like 1 not 2

This. Back to square one without all the sexist horseshit and bad comedy. Tell a straight epic again, Suikoden style.

The thing is that XC2 is the best selling entry in the series (and the best selling Takahashi game) so the most logical and profitable direction would be to release a new game in the same vein.

Only if they're dumb enough to think it's a valid comparison between a game that came out in the twilight of the Wii, a game that was released on a stillborn system, and a game that was released on a smash hit system in its launch year.

I mean you're probably right and they will think that and we're stuck with this animu garbage version of the series forever, but OP asked what I want them to do, not what they will do.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X2 because the potential is there for an even greater game if they had more story and the freedom to use Elma as the MC.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Torna is the best the series has ever been barring some structural stuff that has more to do with it being a DLC episode so I'd want a continuation of that.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I couldn't stand playing XCX for more than one or two hours. I think it was the mix of tiny text on my monitor, silent protagonist and the music being completely different than X1 and not to my taste.

I played X1 and X2 for over a hundred hours each.

I think I'll go with X3. Not to say I would skip a XCX2, but I would probably be a little more wary before purchasing it if they go again with the things I couldn't stand in the Wii U game.

Last edited: