• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much only care about his children. The more children, the better.

No forgetting Cass.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I want there to be civillians. Thered always a reason they're all gone.

And I would like some kind of end game. Like random crimes or boss rushee I can still do when the game is over.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
batman-beyond-ig.jpg

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
A new combat system.
The original is good, but it's time for something new after four games.

You see if they would've released a new game a few years ago I'd agree but now nah. It's been 5 years. Let's get the original system but more refined and a little more deeper and also more fluid. Since we might fight Talons, they should make it more brutal and violent too.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Damian isn't his only child. Dick, Jason, Tim, and Cassandra were all adopted pre-52. I don't know what their exact status is post New-52/Rebirth, but they're just as much his kids as Damian is.
Bruce and Cassandra aren't as close as they were pre-Flashpoint, but she's since retained her relationships with the other characters, particularly Tim, so she may as well still be adopted by Bruce.

Oct 25, 2017
Asynchronous multiplayer.

Reverse Alien Isolation.

You are a crook with others on a heist.

Batman will take you all out eventually, you can't kill him but you can escape if you are last, maybe.

A random player is a 'supervillain' character with special perks.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
If Bruce Wayne isn't Batman, then Nightwing should take over the mantle of Batman in the game. Not Jason or Tim.

ThatThomas

Sep 3, 2018
Gameplay-wise, I just want more of the same. Definitely don't change the combat.

I'd prefer a sequel to origins with the bat family. I want daytime stuff with Bruce Wayne. I want to be able to save random citizens from muggings and actually patrol and explore a not-closed-down Gotham City. I wouldn't mind some Joker, just don't make him the big bad. Have him as a minor villain in a smallish segment of the larger story.

No multiplayer, and especially no co-op.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a city with actual people, it worked in spiderman I'm sure they could do it.

I think with the joker they can have a copy cat to fill that void as they don't seem to want to let him go.

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be happy if the bat-tank is gone, should automatically make it a better game then Knight.

But some people want the tank. Some just want specific vehicles while some want none

Some want bat family ... other want no family

Some want new gameplay! ... others yearn for old

Some want nemesis system with random crimes ... others want linear experience stuck inside a single building

No way to win

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Gameplay-wise, I just want more of the same. Definitely don't change the combat.

I'd prefer a sequel to origins with the bat family. I want daytime stuff with Bruce Wayne. I want to be able to save random citizens from muggings and actually patrol and explore a not-closed-down Gotham City. I wouldn't mind some Joker, just don't make him the big bad. Have him as a minor villain in a smallish segment of the larger story.

No multiplayer, and especially no co-op.

So you want the Bat family but not Co-Op? The Bat family is perfect for Co-Op. Imagine being able to play with friends whenever. It could be like Dying light or Borderlands.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy with more of the same, tbh. Maybe some cool new gadgets or vehicles. Just make the story good.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
But some people want the tank. Some just want specific vehicles while some want none

Some want bat family ... other want no family

Some want new gameplay! ... others yearn for old

Some want nemesis system with random crimes ... others want linear experience stuck inside a single building

No way to win

You could say that about any game tho.

There is always somebody dissapointed about something.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I want more of the same but expanded and updated. Basically something that evolutionizes the Arkham series into the perfect Batman game somewhat.

yeah. Arkham Knight was damn close. The stealth and combat are about perfect. They just overused the Batmobile. They just need to come up with some cool new stuff to make it even better.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A coffin. Batman slowly losing his power, his mind, his butler, his mansion, his life. And becoming a vilain.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
yeah. Arkham Knight was damn close. The stealth and combat are about perfect. They just overused the Batmobile. They just need to come up with some cool new stuff to make it even better.

Yeah. Which it sounds like they did with the Damian game. They should take all of their ideas from that and use it in Arkham Legacy. It's everything I've ever wanted.

ThatThomas

Sep 3, 2018
So you want the Bat family but not Co-Op? The Bat family is perfect for Co-Op. Imagine being able to play with friends whenever. It could be like Dying light or Borderlands.

No, I don't want to play with other people at all. I want a completely single player experience, and I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on something or that my experience is compromised because the game also allows for co-op.

If they want to have some separate Origins like multiplayer thing where people play against each other, that's fine, but I'm probably not gonna be into that either.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ideal world would be that it wasn't Arkham series themed at all. I'm kind of done with the rigid hulk sized batman stiffly walking around with his giant bowling ball shoulders. Give us something different. A batman beyond game would be my pipedream. It would allow them to change everything up substantially right down to traversal and moveset. Even down to returning villains being new takes on old foes.

But if we really HAVE to have another sequel to the Arkham games. I want it to be way more like Arkham Asylum. More metroidvania. Less Ubisoft open world game.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
No, I don't want to play with other people at all. I want a completely single player experience, and I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on something or that my experience is compromised because the game also allows for co-op.

If they want to have some separate Origins like multiplayer thing where people play against each other, that's fine, but I'm probably not gonna be into that either.

Co-Op is like the next step for the Arkham series and Batman games. I hope they use it.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I want it to go back to a Arkham Asylum-like world. An island full of traps and secrets.

They could use the club of heroes storyline, "The Island of Mister Mayhew" (Batman 667-669)

One island, Batman and his team of batmen trapped without a way to escape and someone is killing members of the club of heroes.

It could work, and since you'd have multiple Bat-people, it could even have optional coop.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
For one I would like it to not be another fucking Arkham game. I loved that world and aesthetic in AA but they have really overused it. I would like to see something new with the art style and that just won't happen in another Arkham game.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
For one I would like it to not be another fucking Arkham game. I loved that world and aesthetic in AA but they have really overused it. I would like to see something new with the art style and that just won't happen in another Arkham game.

You realize Arkham Origins had a different art style then the other games right? There isn't an Arkham art style. Each game had a different one.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
You realize Arkham Origins had a different art style then the other games right? There isn't an Arkham art style. Each game had a different one.
They may not all be literally identical, but they are all recognizably Arkham. They absolutely have a style to them that connects them.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
They may not all be literally identical, but they are all recognizably Arkham. They absolutely have a style to them that connects them.

So you mean the Batman style? I mean they all look like Batman. What else is it supposed to look like?

I think Resetera is the only place where I've seen some people complain about the style of the games. Like what else are they supposed to look like? Batman The Brave and The Bold?

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
So you mean the Batman style? I mean they all look like Batman. What else is it supposed to look like?

I think Resetera is the only place where I've seen some people complain about the style of the games. Like what else are they supposed to look like? Batman The Brave and The Bold?

I don't know why you keep responding to everybody so defensively, let people share their wishes. The Arkham games vary in style, but there's a ton of connective tissue between them. If somebody dislikes one, it's not hard to believe they'd dislike the others. There's about a million different styles the games could use, be imaginitive. I'd be cool with an update, but I don't expect it.

I also don't think Origins is very distinct artistically from the other games, it just has new (worse) character models. It's still the same overall style.

As for me, I literally just completed my month-long playthrough of the series tonight. I think Rocksteady absolutely killed it in all 3 of their games (yes, I thought the Batmobile was awesome; I put Arkham Knight off for years but I ended up loving it). At the end, I feel satisfied. I'm sure I'll buy whatever the next game is, but I'm certainly not hankering for more of the same. I said the same thing after Arkham City though and then Arkham Knight still added enough new stuff (and was gorgeous, which helped) that I still had a ton of fun, so maybe I just need to give it some time and I'll be ready for an update on the old formula, but I have less faith that WB Montreal can pull that off (though the potential is certainly there!).

My hope is something new. A new atmosphere, new characters, new villains, new gadgets. Some sort of refresh. I don't need to fight Penguin and Two-Face again. Something like the rumored Suicide Squad game would have been neat, but the only thing that could realistically get me really hyped now is Batman Beyond. That gives them a great way to hit refresh without losing the lore they've built up over the years. There's a ton of potential there, and the Arkham Knight aesthetic already seemed to be moving towards it with the sleeker tech and UI.

I want it to be Single-Player only in the campaign (with minimal shitty monetization tactics please) and I would like at least some moments that touch on the creepiness that Asylum and Knight are able to elicit. Other than that, go wild. Vehicles, sure. Explorable Homebase, whatever. Nemesis system, that's fine too. Just make sure the story is fresh and interesting with solid dialogue and performances and you can probably sell me on anything.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I don't know why you keep responding to everybody so defensively, let people share their wishes. The Arkham games vary in style, but there's a ton of connective tissue between them. If somebody dislikes one, it's not hard to believe they'd dislike the others. There's about a million different styles the games could use, be imaginitive. I'd be cool with an update, but I don't expect it.

I also don't think Origins is very distinct artistically from the other games, it just has new (worse) character models. It's still the same overall style.

As for me, I literally just completed my month-long playthrough of the series tonight. I think Rocksteady absolutely killed it in all 3 of their games (yes, I thought the Batmobile was awesome; I put Arkham Knight off for years but I ended up loving it). At the end, I feel satisfied. I'm sure I'll buy whatever the next game is, but I'm certainly not hankering for more of the same. I said the same thing after Arkham City though and then Arkham Knight still added enough new stuff (and was gorgeous, which helped) that I still had a ton of fun, so maybe I just need to give it some time and I'll be ready for an update on the old formula, but I have less faith that WB Montreal can pull that off (though the potential is certainly there!).

My hope is something new. A new atmosphere, new characters, new villains, new gadgets. Some sort of refresh. I don't need to fight Penguin and Two-Face again. Something like the rumored Suicide Squad game would have been neat, but the only thing that could realistically get me really hyped now is Batman Beyond. That gives them a great way to hit refresh without losing the lore they've built up over the years. There's a ton of potential there, and the Arkham Knight aesthetic already seemed to be moving towards it with the sleeker tech and UI.

I want it to be Single-Player only in the campaign (with minimal shitty monetization tactics please) and I would like at least some moments that touch on the creepiness that Asylum and Knight are able to elicit. Other than that, go wild. Vehicles, sure. Explorable Homebase, whatever. Nemesis system, that's fine too. Just make sure the story is fresh and interesting with solid dialogue and performances and you can probably sell me on anything.

It's not responding defensively. It's me in shock of hearing new complains that I haven't seen before. Usually when I hear critiques of the Arkham games, it's always the same ones. So hearing ones like about the art style or hearing people complain about the name "Arkham" feels weird.

Like I've never seen people complain about the art style's outside of here. And I've also never hear anyone complain about a game being called Arkham other places.

I'm new to this site so it's weird.

Deleted member 32679

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
More of the counter your counter ninjas from Arkham Origins. A much more empathetic Batman unlike in Arkham Knight. He barely acknowledged Ivys death.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I want to see some cool promotional art for this game. Something like Arkham City or Arkham Knight. I hope it has a unique logo too. Cool posters would be nice too. All promo art should be in a realistic style of the Court of Owls comics.

Seeing new big Arkham posters and billboards everywhere will be cool.