• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ive been replaying the trilogy and what i want probably isnt a popular opinion. I want a continuation of sheapards story, i want them to assume that he survived the events of mass effect 3, taking place after the events of the secret ending. The three choices could still remain relavent, their effects would choose the state of the milky way galaxy. I want it to be about an older commander sheapard, one that has settled down. If you had a romance partner that survived the trilogy you could be settled down and married to them, maybe even have children if you so choose. This retired sheapard is called back to action one last time, this time to reunite the disperate and spread out races of the milky way. The main antagonist would be a pro human extremist, who has started a new Cerberus of sorts, who is trying to bring conflict among the other races so humans can climb to the top of the galactic food chain. Your goal is to get other species to come togeather and rebuild the mass relays. Along the way youd also come into conflict with slavers and pirates. Structurally id want it to be more like mass effect 2. Open hubs that lead into linear and hand crafted missions. It can include some of andromedas added verticality and added mobility. New romance options would be included as well of course, and if you choose to pursue those instead of sticking with your partner from the trilogy you of course can. I want more varied armor sets and weapons, and more melee options. And i want romance options to be more than a sex scene, where your partners would act as your actual partner throughout the course of the game where you can go on dates. I want less renegade and paragon, and more grey area in choices. Anyway, hope you enjoyed my fan fic, what do you want from mass effect 5?

i also want your main hub not to be a ship, but a small colony that you have settled and are slowly building up and customizing over time.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Andromeda gameplay and characters progresdion / build. Everything else from original trilogy

OP
OP
Secretofmateria

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Andromeda is actually a really good game that originally had glitches and bugs that got viral for the wrong reaons.

I actually wanna see them continue Andromeda

my only issue is that i had a hard time getting attatched to any of those characters like i did in the trilogy. Outside of peebee and that krogan. But if they chose that route and had a solid pitch id be interested. I just love the worlds and characters of the original trilogy so much.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
The Milky-way, Andromeda movement and stuff. Renegade and paragon. Main character with a personality

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I just want another well told ~30 hour space opera. If they wanna pad that out by fitting that space opera in an RPG main questline, fine, but I want that core to be there, and for that core to be great.

Good luck to them though. The way the general audience behaved toward that game and all the hard work that went into it was a damn shame, and undeserved. Truly a "bitch eating crackers" moment.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'll settle for a current gen remake
But if we're talking our fantasies then I wouldn't mind a smaller story, you don't need to save the galaxy from the greatest threat ever, just be a cool space cop/marine or whatever

I really disliked that you couldn't control your squadmates in andromeda, so direct control needs to come back
Oh yeah, and hire real VAs to do the characters cuz they really cheaped out on that in Andromeda

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
At this point I'd settle for an original trilogy collection on current gen consoles.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Andromeda was the best possible set-up without tarnishing the original trilogy, and they kinda squandered it. A sequel could work but I don't have much confidence.

I'd honestly rather have a reboot or something new with the same "vibe".

As much as I love the characters and worlds of 1-3, it's one of those instances where I think it's better off if that story stays finished.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Look at Andromeda and do the opposite. Maybe leave the movement. But let me control my team FFS and let me have more that 3 abilities without some bs limitations.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I would like a new company to work on the franchise, like Larian with Baulders Gate right now (but mostlt I want it to die. not all games need infinite sequels)

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I want the protagonist to be old. Like late-60's, on the verge of retirement old.

The game can keep the space-cowboy sexy-alien stuff in it, but I want the protagonist to scoff and turn up his/her nose at it all. I want a commander who has been around the block enough time to be tired of it. I want the protagonist to have actual flaws and also be aware of them. I want him/her to have been through previous wars and conflicts and to have already lost companions and loved ones, and I want him/her to be hardened to the realities of war and to not be slowed down by them.

I want the central conflict to be an actual moral dilemma, TNG-style, and not necessarily one that the player has any choice or agency in whatsoever. Give me one really strong narrative and keep the player choices to gameplay-centric things, like choosing to ally with a certain character or not.

I want the combat and quest design to have been not influenced by Dragon Age Inquisition whatsoever. I want the developers to put that design doc up on a projector as an example of what not to do.

Ooh! And I also want to win stuff by playing!
e2w_A4FCdSQ6I6AtYql7mU9up4I0NRQBSSRaG64SM64.png

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
I want to be real open world in some planets, and travelling into space feeling completely alone, pitch dark. Keep it simple.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
More new alien species, in Andromeda there were only two new ones. And a less cluttered inventory menu, imo the focus should be on the gameplay not on filling the menu up with sidequests.

Last edited:

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see new alien races, a well written story that takes place in the Andromeda galaxy, maybe some hints as to what's happening in the Milky Way and the option to play as the Vanguard class. I don't want any gameplay elements that have me spending time in shittily designed menus.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Get rid of everything, bring in new species, new worlds, new solar systems, new galaxy. Follow similar game format as the original trilogy.

I don't want krogans or turians or vex or reapers or any returning characters. New characters, new story. Heck, maybe dont even have humans. A complete alien cast.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
No open world. That's not your lane Bioware stop trying.

It's going to be open world though.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Andromeda Galaxy, except, like, good.

Forget about the Kett, they should be minor players along with the Scourge. Actually make the Andromeda big and interesting.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Direct sequel to the Destroy ending of ME3(with the exception of Geth surviving). Set ~100 years after. Fractured Galaxy that's still recovering from the Reaper War. Large pockets of space cut off from one another since the Reaper War due to issues with the Mass Relay network. Focus the story around reconnecting and healing the fractured galaxy back into one again. Realistically examine and portray the fallout and aftermath of the Reaper War, but not dwelling on those events. Just treat them seriously in how the galaxy is portrayed and rebounds from those events and what that means for those still there. How near annihilation and prolonged isolation has affected certain races and different regions and what new factions and beliefs developed from it. How some groups prospered and rebuilt, others regressed and struggled to hold on, some found hope and inspiration for a new future while others became paranoid or militant.

No new existential threats to all life or crazy super weapons, just smaller scale issues and political/factional conflicts.

No Open World, but ME1 style planet exploration. No Crafting weapons or armor, just the straight forward weapon upgrades/mods like from the trilogy. No random trash fights, but hand crafted locations and encounters.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Look at Andromeda and do the opposite. Maybe leave the movement. But let me control my team FFS and let me have more that 3 abilities without some bs limitations.

Yeah, I really didn't like the 3 ability limit at all for the "profile" and the switching of profiles was not enjoyable for me either. The ability limit is fine for the MP, not in the SP.

I also do not want a prequel. Reboot I'd be fine with.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
If they were going to make one I'd want it to be similar to ME1. In terms of world building and character focus I think it was the best of the series (Saren fucks). In terms of gameplay I guess you could draw from Andromeda, although I would want the game to be more RPG centric; it felt like things were simplified along the way.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Return to the Milky Way and pretend Andromeda was just a bad dream, also ditch the open world or just huge open levels.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Direct sequel to the Destroy ending of ME3(with the exception of Geth surviving). Set ~100 years after. Fractured Galaxy that's still recovering from the Reaper War. Large pockets of space cut off from one another since the Reaper War due to issues with the Mass Relay network. Focus the story around reconnecting and healing the fractured galaxy back into one again. Realistically examine and portray the fallout and aftermath of the Reaper War, but not dwelling on those events. Just treat them seriously in how the galaxy is portrayed and rebounds from those events and what that means for those still there. How near annihilation and prolonged isolation has affected certain races and different regions and what new factions and beliefs developed from it. How some groups prospered and rebuilt, others regressed and struggled to hold on, some found hope and inspiration for a new future while others became paranoid or militant.

No new existential threats to all life or crazy super weapons, just smaller scale issues and political/factional conflicts.

No Open World, but ME1 style planet exploration. No Crafting weapons or armor, just the straight forward weapon upgrades/mods like from the trilogy. No random trash fights, but hand crafted locations and encounters.
I like this a lot

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. I don't trust them with that property anymore, and the story was told anyway.

Ideally this if one has to exist. But again, whether they're capable of it anymore is a real question.

Chairdeath

Oct 29, 2017
Garrus Vakarian, Space Detective. A loose cannon officer out to make the galaxy a better place.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm for all of this.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin

This and don't pretend andromeda didnt happen i want references and story ties. Andromeda was bad but not as bad as it was portrayed to be and im still salty we never got and may never get the rest of the story. I know its much further than 100 years into the future but plant those seeds.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
An Andromeda-style parallel story that leaves your ME3 ending choices intact, but set elsewhere so it doesn't interfere. I'd also accept a prequel.

Also, Andromeda's systems, but with way more polish (and willingness to delay release in order to achieve it).