• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I have what must be the flu or something, and stayed in bed all day because I couldn't focus. Spent all day listening to music on my phone and looking at old photos. I couldn't even focus on the TV long enough to watch anything while I was sitting up.

Being sick is a real drag.

What do you usually do?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lie in bed most of the day.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're sick? Get lots of sleep and water?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Depends how sick I get. If my sinuses get hit bad, my head clouds over (on top of the usual cold/flu ailments) and they only thing I can do is lay in bed and catch up on tv/movies (when I'm awake, cause I try and sleep it off). I would LOVE to catch up on games, but my head just can't do the thinking to concentrate :/

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Sleep, avoid any and all cold medicines, stay hydrated. The way meds make me feel is worse than just dealing with the cold symptoms.

Oct 27, 2017
Sleep and keep to myself. I hate feeling like I'm burdening people with having to take care of me. Thankfully I don't get sick often *knock on wood*

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly? Maximize drug consumption, rest, and drink lots of juice. Mostly drugs though, none of that "just sleep it off" stuff.

If there's a pill, syrup, or spray for a symptom, I take it as often as possible until my health is 200%.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Drink a shit ton of water, drink tea with ginger n lemon, take vitamins, eat green chile and rest. If there's a fever involved, I like to let it burn unless it gets too high.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much tough it out and do my regular stuff if just a little sick. Work from home and stop doing chores if sicker.

If I'm sicker than that I'll just be in bed not out of want but out of necessity. Last time I put on Star Trek TNG in the background a lot. Couldn't even look at the screen though.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Generally just lay in bed and sweat it out

Oct 28, 2017
Make some fresh Golden Seal tea mixed with Horny Goat Weed. A couple of shots of Dayquil and 8-12hours of sleep and im back in the game.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
I never get so sick that I have to lay around. I don't take any kinds of medicine when I do get sick. Mostly just don't feel great but function just fine. I guess I'm lucky?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand people who can function even with a common cold. When I get a cold, all I want to do is lie in bed for days until I get better.

Jan 11, 2018
Take drugs only if I absolutely need to. Drink tons of water, fruit and veggie juice. Eat mostly soup and fruits and veggies. Light exercise to keep the blood and energy flowing. Play lots of video games. Few days later am good as new :)

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stay in bed, eat a whole bag of limon chips, drink water and watch GTA/RDR fail compilations to cheer me up (don't judge).

I normally get Mucinex Fast-Max to recover quickly.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand people who can function even with a common cold. When I get a cold, all I want to do is lie in bed for days until I get better.

People definitely get hit worse than others, plus it probably depends on the strain. My immunities used to be garbage as a hit, so it hit me worse than most. Now I can deal with minor colds usually (if not sinus related), yet I get hit with pretty bad allergies, as well as tough, painful strains of flu :/

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
If I feel it coming I have a crap ton of vitamin C and some tea. Usually makes me get over it much faster

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I have what must be the flu or something, and stayed in bed all day because I couldn't focus. Spent all day listening to music on my phone and looking at old photos. I couldn't even focus on the TV long enough to watch anything while I was sitting up.

Being sick is a real drag.

What do you usually do?

I usually just sleep. The wife usually
Marathons some office or parks and rec

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
Watch YouTube on TV while on the couch and eventually fall asleep in the middle of the day. Probably don't drink enough water.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Sleep is the best cure. When I'm not sleeping I'll drink lots of fluids (chicken soup and water) and play Switch games that I can play brain dead (JRPGs).

Oct 27, 2017
Rest.
Take vitamins (C, D and Turmeric).
Drink hot green tea with lemon and honey.
Swallow and clove of garlic. This is nasty as hell, but it kills whatever respiratory virus you may have very quickly.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get that sick. But it usually involves getting masks, meds, lots of tea and cup soups.

What usually fucked me over was clashing air-conditioning temps at work or at home, the next day I would get an awful sore throat. Couldn't talk, couldn't eat without pain. But even that hasn't happened in a while, never had to a call a day off either. Same routine, maybe at a slower pace.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me that last time I got sick a classmate told me to take Vitamin C until I got diarrhea. She was 100% serious. D:

People definitely get hit worse than others, plus it probably depends on the strain. My immunities used to be garbage as a hit, so it hit me worse than most. Now I can deal with minor colds usually (if not sinus related), yet I get hit with pretty bad allergies, as well as tough, painful strains of flu :/
I'm sorry to hear that! :( But what you say makes sense. It's hard to compare or really know how someone else feels when they are sick. I just feel guilty because other people seem to manage...

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Depends on the illness:

Flu/respiratory: Hot tea with lemon, fresh crushed garlic on toast.
Gastric: Eat salt and drink lemonade until everything vacates the system.
Headache: Have a cold shower and take lots of drugs.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to just tough it out until it's gone, but now that I have a job with paid sick days, I'll just lay in bed for a day and pump myself full of water and vitamin c.

That one day rest makes all the difference in getting better faster, at least for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
If I get sick, I still go to work because I have no health insurance and no sick days to use. I cant afford to lose the hours and theres no backups if I call off, that would fuck everyone. Restaurant industry. I'm not the only one.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I've never had the flu (or least never had bad symptoms while having it) but when I get a head cold or sore throat I usually just try to sleep it off.