• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Windows 10 app or web player?

• Windows 10 app

Votes: 151 82.1%
  • Web player

Votes: 33 17.9%

• Total voters

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Web player. No real drawbacks, and saves me from installing one more thing. I honestly find it to be more stable than the app

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
web player usually.
i like the cleaner more focused experience

adblock working with the web player helps

Oct 27, 2017
i use the app -- never had a problem with it save for the minor glitch here and there
these days i mostly cast it to my google home max or sonos arc from my phone

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
App, because it deserves space on the taskbar rather than being hidden in amongst a number of other tabs. No other reason really

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Neither.

Zlu3rki.png

Oct 27, 2017
I use the .exe desktop app...or is that what you mean by Windows 10 app? To me that would indicate a Microsoft Store app.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Windows 10 app

I use the .exe desktop app...or is that what you mean by Windows 10 app? To me that would indicate a Microsoft Store app.

www.microsoft.com

Spotify Music - Official app in the Microsoft Store

Love music and podcasts? Play your favorite songs, podcasts and albums free on Windows with Spotify. Stream the tracks you love instantly, browse the charts or fire up curated playlists in every genre and mood. Radio plays you great song after great song, based on your music taste. Discover...

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
The app but maybe I should switch. It takes literally 5 minutes for the app to fully load.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
The non-Microsoft-store desktop app. Though I haven't had a Spotify sub in a while and have Apple Music, I still use Spotify now and then.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
i use a mixture of desktop app and a wildcard entry: xpo music. people have been ripping the spotify webapp and repackaging it with improvements as a windows UWP app.

Oct 27, 2017
Windows 10 app

www.microsoft.com

Love music and podcasts? Play your favorite songs, podcasts and albums free on Windows with Spotify. Stream the tracks you love instantly, browse the charts or fire up curated playlists in every genre and mood. Radio plays you great song after great song, based on your music taste. Discover...

There should be a poll option for the actual desktop application then: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/other/

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Windows 10 app

www.microsoft.com

Is there even a difference between the version from the MS store and the installer from the website?

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The windows app is so ugly to me in comparison to the App or even web player.

Doesn't the web player have lower quality though? Thought I read that somewhere.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
so does this thing always load up an installer for anyone else when they boot it up?

edit: ok it didn't happen when I rebooted it. perhaps it's just updating?

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
You can get around it with a free VPN, that's how I use it in my country

You don't even need to keep it on all the time, turn it on to sign in on your phone and it doesn't check again for months, everytime it signs you out just switch it back on and sign in again, if you want more specific help PM me ;)

Double benefit is no ads because we're not in supported countries

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
It's 3 years old. i5-4670, 8GB RAM. It's slow with hardware acceleration enabled and disabled so I dunno what the problem is. Maybe it's time to refresh my PC

Not just you, it's why I use the web player as well. I have an aging laptop, but it's still decent enough that the app shouldn't take so long to load my library.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
You can get around it with a free VPN, that's how I use it in my country

You don't even need to keep it on all the time, turn it on to sign in on your phone and it doesn't check again for months, everytime it signs you out just switch it back on and sign in again, if you want more specific help PM me ;)

Double benefit is no ads because we're not in supported countries
Nah I'm good. I just use the services that are available to me.

MrChom

Oct 26, 2017
Just the normal executable. I don't use the MS Store unless something isn't otherwise available.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Desktop exe due to the local file support, as I have a bunch of stuff that isn't on Spotify.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
So I had been using the Windows Store version since it came out but I realized that it had become pretty buggy so I went back to the .exe last week and everything is good again.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Desktop app. Would never willingly install a windows app when there's an alternative available.