• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about it for a bit. X-Men as a franchise has a TON of stories that can be told, and it would be difficult to fit all of it into 3-5 movies. Do you expect them to use Disney+ to carry the story somewhat? Do you expect them to break it up into multiple franchises like the Avengers movies (e.g., a Storm movie, or an X-Force movie, etc.) or what? I suppose a lot of it depends on which stories they choose to tell, but how do you expect them to make X-Men movies?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine there'll be a "main" series of movies and then maybe some Disney+ solo shows about particularly prominent mutant characters.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they will do a mini franchise within the MCU with different teams and breakout characters.

Like first we will get an X-Men movie with a mix of the O5/Giant-Sized. They could do an X-Force movie and even an X-Factor Disney+ series.

Oct 28, 2017
It really depends on how they get to the MCU. If it's a blend of the Fox U then there is no reason to tell some of the same stories but if it's all new people, which...I don't really know to be honest. It also depends on the treat. Not sure that Disney+ would be the best place to do say, Onslaught but say a Jack the Ripper / Mr Sinister period piece sounds interesting as a Disney + show.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe that Kevin Feige will provide the best goddamn Cyclops that's ever been put to screen.

cyclops.jpg

Last edited:

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a bit more focus on the teams rather then so much Wolverine, unless they think they have someone who can fill Jackman's shoes but....thats a tough sell.

Big movies with the whole team and not doing Cykes dirty with D+ shows for smaller individual/duo/trio stories.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really hope that their portrayal is more on the "tactical response team" side of things. I want teamwork. I want Cyclops calling the plays. And I want costumes.

I don't think we'll get individual movies anytime soon, barring possibly Wolverine. Given Marvel's new propensity for playing with tone and genre a bit more, I think it's a pretty good bet that we'll get a "Xavier's Academy" show with the undercard teen mutants somewhere along the line, though.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
They'll probably introduce the X-men in a prequel like show/movie similar to First Class.

Wolverine will be probably a standalone and may get involved with the Avengers.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Jackman Wolverine anything like the actual comic character outside of the costume? If not that's going to be an interesting change considering how much of him is attached to Jackman.

I wouldn't mind a TV series to get it going over a film but I guess they might not and want to go big.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
We'll 100 percent get costumes, most likely with Professor X explaining to his team that he WANTS them to be like the Avengers so people don't fear them.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Several solo D+ series before the first mainline X-Men film. When the film finally drops, it'll feel like the first Avengers where half the fun was seeing characters we already know and love interact with each other for the first time.

Can't wait for inevitable Wolverine series where each episode takes place in a different time period.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they're radically different than the ones we've seen already from the FOX series. I'd love to see characters who have the powersets of the X-Men we expect, but not be the actual characters (don't want to veer too much into "how mutants?" but having some of the side/supporting characters in the MCU become mutants who take on those roles would be great). I think that's the best way to do it when you have some iconic actors who've already played them, but who knows.

Start if off with some D+ shows and then do a big teamup.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
I could see them taking the Avengers formula and introducing three separate characters whose individual movies build up to the first X-Men movie

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Guess it depends on what point in time and development the mutants are introduced in the series. If its picked up lets say after days of future past in the fox universe I suppose they could trickle them in as cameos in movies and shows during this phase with the next phase having their full introduction into the MCU with one unified movie followed by singles ect. Then of course they could start over completely with the assumption the the X-Men were already partially formed since from a timeline perspective they would have already been around.

All I know is Evan Peters seems to still be around but I still want Fassbender and McAvoy. Outside of that they can recast everyone else.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Imagining in the future, there will be MCU contents every week.
X-men belongs to TV, there are so many characters I love to see them every week. Save the big action team-up for the movie.

Jan 4, 2021
Recast them all. Blip caused some mutations. Some (still new actors and history) will come over in a multiverse crossover event when they fight along MCU regulars and get trapped in MCU earth. Introduce some mechanism by which they can traverse the multiverse so we can have stories and movies in their original universe with their full backstories. I don't know. I trust the Russos and Feige. Now gimme

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
If they go the D+ > Movie route, I would expect just a single X-Men: Origins show with 1-2 mutants per episode. They want to keep the time commitment of the TV shows low so it doesn't hold people back from seeing the movies.

Though after the first big X-Men movie there would probably be more D+ series.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they go the D+ > Movie route, I would expect just a single X-Men: Origins show with 1-2 mutants per episode. They want to keep the time commitment of the TV shows low so it doesn't hold people back from seeing the movies.

Though after the first big X-Men movie there would probably be more D+ series.
They're doing 5-6 TV shows a year and most are tying directly in to movies... I don't think this is a concern for them. It's not like you had to see all the phase 1 films to enjoy The Avengers. They'll do a Marvel Legends recap for those who haven't watched and call it a day.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
"to challenge them is to court death"

Apocalypse turns around and grins

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
oh I'm not worried about that but him being here as quicksilver period is good enough for me. Hopefully he sticks around.

Well, we're not entirely sure he's playing Quicksilver, period. :P

Given the meta nature of the show, there's a strong chance that casting him was a conscious decision to play on the audience's knowledge and resulting expectations.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
My hope is they'll fully lean into the civil rights themes that previous movies have dipped in and out of, focus more on being an ensemble cast instead of getting hung up on a handful of the characters, and be constructed from the ground up to take advantage of the split movie/TV format.

And I wanna eventually one day see Wolverine with a comic accurate costume. I can't believe we never not that in any of the nine movies with Hugh Jackman, even if I understand why that was never his default costume, and it kinda didn't fit any of those movies.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like for them to have their own things going on, outside of mainline X-Men movies. It's not really fair that Wolverine was the only member of the X-Men to get solo movies. If they could show up by themselves in other movies or get their own Disney+ shows, that'd be great.

I want Cyclops and Havoc tracking down their dad because he's gotten on the wrong side of the Shi'ar Empire. Could be a pretty fun movie that introduces the very space empire that will eventually try to capture and kill Jean Grey.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I hope they're radically different than the ones we've seen already from the FOX series. I'd love to see characters who have the powersets of the X-Men we expect, but not be the actual characters (don't want to veer too much into "how mutants?" but having some of the side/supporting characters in the MCU become mutants who take on those roles would be great). I think that's the best way to do it when you have some iconic actors who've already played them, but who knows.

Start if off with some D+ shows and then do a big teamup.
That just seems... Off.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I assume they will lean into metaphors for discrimination a bit more. Hopefully they also lean into Mutant Island too.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
And I wanna eventually one day see Wolverine with a comic accurate costume. I can't believe we never not that in any of the nine movies with Hugh Jackman, even if I understand why that was never his default costume, and it kinda didn't fit any of those movies.
From what people say, Feige was the reason Logan had his fairly comic accurate hair in X-Men 1 - if there's anyone who would push for that Wolverine costume it's our boy.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
From what people say, Feige was the reason Logan had his fairly comic accurate hair in X-Men 1 - if there's anyone who would push for that Wolverine costume it's our boy.
Honestly I don't think he needs to wear it at all times or anything, and I don't think he needs to be hiding his face or whatever, but it would be cool to see in at least one scene, and would be a good way to separate from Jackman's version (even though I like Jackman's portrayal).

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Honestly I don't think he needs to wear it at all times or anything, and I don't think he needs to be hiding his face or whatever, but it would be cool to see in at least one scene, and would be a good way to separate from Jackman's version (even though I like Jackman's portrayal).
I imagine it'll be like Cap MCU, out of mission he's not in it, on missions he is, mask usually starts on, generally comes off very quick

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of got the feeling they have already introduced a mutant in WandaVision. All I know is that I hope we get better costumes for them this time.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Structurally, my hope is that we get an X-Man movie every other year or so, with regular TV shows in-between. Solo Wolverine, Solo Storm, Cyclops & Jean, Rogue & Gambit, that sort of thing.

For the series itself, I honestly like the original Fox X-Men set-up - the core team already exists, already knows each other, they've been working as a team for years. Then you bring in an outsider as the audience introduction point. And I want that school absolutely packed, like 20-30 named characters that are essentially just background roles.

Like, just spitballing:

X-Men - Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Storm, Rogue
Interim Series: Wolverine, Storm
Uncanny X-Men - Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Wolverine
Interim Series: Rogue & Gambit, Kitty Pryde
Astonishing X-Men - Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm Rogue, Gambit, Kitty
Interim Series: Cyclops & Jean, Magneto

So you have character weaving in and out of the core team, when they retire or quit or whatever. You can have a "X-Men school drama" show with Kitty, then have her graduate to team member for the next movie. You have Rogue go AWOL in one movie, meet up with Gambit in a miniseries, then bring him back for the next movie. X-Men is their best chance to use their multimedia approach to the fullest, because there's way too many iconic characters to limit them to a new movie here and there.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Structurally, my hope is that we get an X-Man movie every other year or so, with regular TV shows in-between. Solo Wolverine, Solo Storm, Cyclops & Jean, Rogue & Gambit, that sort of thing.

For the show itself, I honestly like the original Fox X-Men set-up - the core team already exists, already knows each other, they've been working as a team for years. Then you bring in an outsider as the audience introduction point. And I want that school absolutely packed, like 20-30 named characters that are essentially just background roles.

Like, just spitballing:

X-Men - Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Storm, Rogue
Interim Series: Wolverine, Storm
Uncanny X-Men - Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Wolverine
Interim Series: Rogue & Gambit, Kitty Pryde
Astonishing X-Men - Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm Rogue, Gambit, Kitty
Interim Series: Cyclops & Jean, Magneto

So you have character weaving in and out of the core team, when they retire or quit or whatever. You can have a "X-Men school drama" show with Kitty, then have her graduate to team member for the next movie. You have Rogue go AWOL in one movie, meet up with Gambit in a miniseries, then bring him back for the next movie. X-Men is their best chance to use their multimedia approach to the fullest, because there's way too many iconic characters to limit them to a new movie here and there.
I agree with this. Not this exact lineup, but yeah. The school drama could easily be a TV show in the vein of Riverdale with super powers that could be a full 24 episode thing a season, and then anything with significant superpowers could be 12 episodes or less in between movies every year and a half or so. And then of course, the characters would cross over and cameo with all of the other MCU stuff.

I think chances are good there will be an ongoing, multi-season series on Disney+. It won't be a replacement for whatever will be the main MCU X-Men films, but a compliment focusing on the civilian side of mutant life. That's a major part of the X-Men and they're going to emphasize it.

And if they go with the older X-Men status quo of Xavier's school there will 100% be a streaming series about it. In fact if they do go the school route, it is very possible they'll start with a show about the school first and build up to films from that.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Im hoping for way less Wolverine focus, and a proper Apocalypse usage.

I expect however that they will actually be good. Some of the XMen films were good, but when they were bad they were BAD. I expect higher peaks and for the lows to actually be tolerable.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I want Cyclops and Havoc tracking down their dad because he's gotten on the wrong side of the Shi'ar Empire. Could be a pretty fun movie that introduces the very space empire that will eventually try to capture and kill Jean Grey.

They could introduce Cyclops dad and the Starjammers and the Shiar empire in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3. Peter Quill suddenly becomes self conscious because he's not the only Terran space pirate now.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Well, we're not entirely sure he's playing Quicksilver, period. :P

Given the meta nature of the show, there's a strong chance that casting him was a conscious decision to play on the audience's knowledge and resulting expectations.
This is true and you may be right but I've never been a believer that he's only apart of the show for a nod and play on expectations. With the Mutants coming I see this as an opportunity for introduction rather than a quick gotcha moment. Now what's going to be the outcome of anybody inside the hex who knows but their all major players and hold some kind of importance to the show and potentially the future of the series. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited: