• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think will come first: Persona 6 or Persona 3 Remake?

• Persona 6

Votes: 184 83.6%
  • Persona 3 Remake

Votes: 36 16.4%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
For Persona Fans everything, there are two titles that pepole have speculated to be in devlopment for a while. Those being Persona 6 and Persona 3 Remake. So my question is which do you think will come first and i would be grateful if you explain your reasons why.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
have a weird feeling its P6, then P4, then P3

dont ask me why. just see atlus doing it

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
SMT V and Re:Fantasy. Not joking.

Anyway, on topic, probably P6.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
It's easy to find proof that Atlus is developing 6, but not as much for 3 Remake.

So 6, and because they can reuse assets from 5, hopefully it'll be quicker.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
There's no real reason to think we'll definitely get a Persona 3 remake of any kind at all, whereas 6 is about as guaranteed as the next Final Fantasy

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the first I've heard of a P3 Remake.

Not overly interested in 6 as I no longer have any hope they will add a FemMc after 4/G and 5/R and hearing that fans wanted it like we had with P3P.

Not sure which would come first but if they have both routes from P3P and combine them with The Answer then I hope it's P3R.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Do people really think P3 remake is happening because of the dancing games having models? Like what else is there to suggest that Atlus are even considering remaking P3?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really think P3 remake is happening because of the dancing games having models? Like what else is there to suggest that Atlus are even considering remaking P3?

They're gonna remake it and just call it Persona. Closing the loop and erasing 1-2 from the canon forever. /s

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
While they have some HD assets in P3D. They never showed any intention in making an HD P3.

Also, if they will be remaking anything, it will be P4 first.

While project re:fantasy is an entirely different staff, I have a feeling that P6 will most likely be stemmed from whatever technology they have for project re:fantasy. I don't see any new persona game within the next 3 years. We're lucky to get it in 4.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a remake of 3, as would many other people, so they'll do 6 instead

I also think a remake of 3 would be an appropriate task for a Hasino-less P Studio, which is another mark against it actually happening

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
p3 wont be remade, itll just be ported with the p3p stuff integrated, itl probably come first tho

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm thinking Persona 3. Just because it seems odd they went through all that effort for P3D models and are going to just sit on them.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
6, because I don't think they're going to remake 3, as much as I would love that to happen.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I have a feeling that P6 will most likely be stemmed from whatever technology they have for project re:fantasy
I don't know the status of Re:Fantasy but I was hoping P6 will use the same engine and models from P5, just with a different style of course. Would get us the game sooner like P3 -> P4.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
p3 wont be remade, itll just be ported with the p3p stuff integrated

I think a remake would be a port in this case. Keep it basically the same design wise (with some QoL) but update the models and such.
I don't think they'd try to sell a game with graphics like this even on the switch as-is for $60
maxresdefault.jpg

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
While they have some HD assets in P3D. They never showed any intention in making an HD P3.

Also, if they will be remaking anything, it will be P4 first.

While project re:fantasy is an entirely different staff, I have a feeling that P6 will most likely be stemmed from whatever technology they have for project re:fantasy. I don't see any new persona game within the next 3 years. We're lucky to get it in 4.
One thing I always thought was that after P5, atlus would be able to reuse the assets for the demons to put out SMTs and persona sequels faster because they have the groundwork. The fact that we're 4 years off of P5's release and still dont have a new Persona sequel nor a SMT game is disappointing. I get the realities of game development exist but it still sucks

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 6 because I don't think a P3 Remake is coming as much as I would love one; especially since P-studio has gotten a lot better at more interesting dungeon and level design.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
6. I don't see a 3 remake happening until well, well into the next generation at the soonest.

If there was a Sony-branded portable that was selling hotcakes in Japan I could see it happening sooner, but here we are.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
The fact that we're 4 years off of P5's release and still dont have a new Persona sequel nor a SMT game is disappointing. I get the realities of game development exist but it still sucks
Agreed. I think a lot of people underrate asset re-use. I'm all for it - gets us games faster and lets the developers focus on story and characters (big parts of the SMT/Persona experience).

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find the idea that Atlus knows or even cares about their fanbase enough to know people want a P3 remake laughable tbh

P6

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I'd rather have P2 Duology remade. I keep hearing it has the best story out of all of them but that gameplay is just too janky for me to play through it.

Emiya777

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Atlus would fuck up a remake, they'd try to add in a new unnecessary party member or make social links with Strega or something. And I bet they would muddle around with some character fates as well. Also you can't really fix Tartarus tbh,
so people would hate it. Also the combing of both FES and portable elements would be tough. Overall I don't like the idea.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
the only atlus remake that makes sense is nocturne, probably after SMTV launches

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be 6.

But a 3 remake will be thier Final Fantasy VII. "Remake is case of emergency" button.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the only atlus remake that makes sense is nocturne, probably after SMTV launches
nocturne doesnt even need a remake, just a remaster with some qol features (the dice roll bs that is fusions needs to die). nocturne in an emulator looks as good as okami does thanks to its art direction

Oct 26, 2017
I had 0 clue there were even whispers of a P3 Remake. This is something I didn't even know I wanted until now...but I want it. A lot.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know the status of Re:Fantasy but I was hoping P6 will use the same engine and models from P5, just with a different style of course. Would get us the game sooner like P3 -> P4.

P3 to P4 was an entirely different scale which is incomparable to today's development pace and standards. Only thing I can imagine they can reuse is the demon models which is only a small percentage from the overall project. Everything else will need lots of time to develop.

We have Catherine and P5R which may be projects used so that the new staff can get used to the current engine. There is a chance but I won't be counting on anything being announced before 2022. Even then we'll be in a new generation. I don't think they'll repeat P5's scenario where they had to also get the game working on PS4 after their long development on PS3 given PS5 should be similar to PS4 in terms of architecture.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Atlus can barely manage to make ports to platforms that would easily make them a hojillion dollars, they ain't remaking shit.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Atlus's MO is to make enhanced editions of their games, not full on remakes. In fact, they're pretty bad about revisiting their past catelogue of games for newer platforms in general.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
I mean Atlus has talked about Persona 6 a reasonable amount and has never even hinted at the latter outside of some surveys. If it were to happen at all I think it would be more likely that Sega would have some other studio do a HD version and that seems fairly unlikely.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Persona 6.

Can't see them remastering/remaking any previous titles.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
P3 would require such a gigantic revamp that it doesn't really make sense to do that instead of P6.

Only exception is if Atlus is planning to a mainline (ie non-spinoff) Avengers style Persona game bringing together key cast members from P3-P5 and they think they need to get more people familiar with P3 to lay the groundwork.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Where have the rumors been for P3 remake? Or is this just speculation because of the HD assets from the dancing game?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't mind either, but I can see Atlus testing the new Persona team with a remake before letting them tackle the big guns. It's what I'd do.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Persona 3 and 4 don't need full-blown FF7R-style remakes. P1, for what it is, is also not really in need of a remake either. So regarding whether we'll see a P3 remake or P6 first, I believe (or at least hope) the answer is P6, unless we're talking about relatively modest enhanced ports/remasters of P3/P4.

P2 is the only entry that could greatly benefit from a remake IMO... it had by far the worst gameplay of the series (yes even considering P1's godawful grid-based combat), so seeing that get fixed would be nice. And the story/characters/concepts are interesting enough to deserve getting fleshed out in a remake.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I ask if they keep the style in the same vein as P5. I just got done mentioning this in the OT lol. The P4 models look like...little miniature characters models running around. Idk it just looks weird. They could keep this artstyle and make it even more beautiful than it already is and I'll keep throwing money their way.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm thinking Persona 3. Just because it seems odd they went through all that effort for P3D models and are going to just sit on them.
Forgive me as i'm not too well-versed in Atlus and their output but surely the effort to make those models were to sell a game that needed them? That being P3D.

Honestly, I'd settle for P3FES on the PS4's 'Classics' bit, just a nice PS2 port with trophies.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how they haven't even ported P4G to a non-handheld/dead console, I'm gonna say P6 will come before a P3 remake of any kind.