• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think of Switch’s 2019 lineup currently?

• The best year yet

• The worst year yet

• I like it, it’s well stacked

• It’s alright

Results are only viewable after voting.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
? Everything in the bullet list except for the last four games is exclusive.

My point exactly. Also dunno but DQ has been out for 2 years now, an "enhanced" version where they lumped the way it's played in the 3DS and PS4 in one version and added a JP voice isn't something to new. You also listed old ports underneath

Why would you take them out of the equation though, outside of dumb as fuck console wars that is?
Because If I were to buy a switch I would look at exclusives first. (Assuming I own PS4 or and XBOX/PC)

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a cool line up. Sucks that it's all in the second half of the year, but that gives me time to save up some cash and finish the games I have now

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's looking good, but they really got to start working on their huge gaps. This first half of the year is absolutely ridiculous.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Gen 8 and Astral Chain are day 1 purchases for me. Still waiting for the Daemon X Machina demo to finish downloading so I can try it and see whre I land on it (stupid slow ass phone internet). And we haven't got to the E3 announcements even. This year looks stacked

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I think I'm not gonna be owning a Switch in 2019 either. Theres just nothing there that appeals to me still.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of that isn't my cup of tea (yet), but at the same time I think 2019's looking impressively stacked.

Nov 1, 2017
Nothing for me until June except Boxboy. I need to see how Pokemon and Animal Crossing look before I give a grade. I got trolled so hard by that 2D Zelda lol.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
2017 was the best year, but this year is looking really amazing. 2017 was 3D Zelda and Mario, and this year is 2D Zelda and Mario. Plus a whole mess of other stuff.
I guess that makes 2018 the worst year, which... actually sounds about right lol.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Link's Freakin' Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion mean that this is a good year. Way better than 2018. It'll remain to be seen whether anything will reach the heights of BoTW or Odyssey for me but the chances are high.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It looks pretty great. No Spring title other than Yoshi is a bummer but for once they finally got third parties to play ball and provide a real buffer. They've got a pretty decked out schedule otherwise, and it seems like there's even more in store to be revealed soon. This could very well be their best year yet depending on how they play their cards.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I am not getting my hopes up till I see what they have confirmed for this year at E3

logash

Oct 27, 2017
It has a lot of ports like last year but it also has a ton of brand new games I am looking forward to. Fire Emblem, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Astral Chain, and Town. I mean that is a hell of a line up.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I need something between its alright and the worst year yet. Of those games listed on the OP there are only three that I am really interested in but even with those I don't see them being Day 1 or maybe even Month 1 purchases. There are 2-3 others that I can see talking myself into once l get to see some actual gameplay but again nothing that I find super exciting. Like there are a big games that other people will love but for me so far it's shaping up to be meh at best.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a game on the horizon that interests me whatsoever. The Switch is basically a Super Smash machine, with a Tennis chaser, and some SNK games that aren't on PS4 yet. Waiting for a real Star Fox or F-Zero game, hell even a Custom Robo comebacl, and I have a feel I'll be waiting forever.

We had a platinum developed Star Fox game and it wasn't particularly good critically nor commercially. I have no hope for these sidelined franchises at all at this point.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good, but not great year to me. Super Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Yoshi are must buys, but yet another Fire Emblem while Advance Wars is just sitting there unused is a shame.

I also wish there was something with a bigger budget like a new Mario or Zelda game. A 3D Donkey Kong would've been perfect.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Animal Crossing
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Pokémon 8
  • Astral Chain
  • Oninaki
  • Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Crash Team Racing
Plus ports of older stuff like Dragon's Dogma, Hellblade, Deltarune, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Assassin's Creed 3, Unravel 2, GRID Autosport, FF7, FF9, FF10, FF12. I'm not listing rumored stuff like Star Fox Racing, MPT, or Persona 5.

Overall, what do you think of the Switch's lineup for this year as it currently stands? Personally I feel 2019 looks to be a good year for the Switch, and better than 2018, if not quite as good as 2017 was. You?
Move DOOM, MK11 and things like that under the games published by Nintendo.

It's so good. And you should insert TOWN

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fire Emblem and Mario Maker 2 make it great. If a real Pokemon game makes it out, it gets even better. I've never really given Pokemon a real chance before because I don't like portables, but I'd love to try it on a TV.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Still looking for a lot of third party support personally. I thought for sure we would have seen at least something from Atlus by now, for example. I still think it's weird to have Joker in Smash but no P5. SMTV was also mentioned around the time the Switch was announced and it's been total radio silence since then.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
I already have all the old ports I would have been interested in elsewhere, naturally. Link's Awakening wasn't ever my favourite and the style isn't good. So nothing changed (i.e. don't care about the lineup, it's weak).

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Pretty stacked.

Disappointed we saw nothing of the major hitters like Pokemon and AC, though. I guess that's for their E3 Direct with Fall 2019 releases.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh other than links Awakening and pokemon gen 8. Im still pretty underwhelmed by it.

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming all this sticks, I think it is a pretty solid year. Easily the second best year of the system. Granted, it is basically by default considering how 2018 went but still.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
It's OK. Tetris 99 is solid. Mario Maker 2 looks amazing. I hate Animal Crossing, so one of their biggest releases of the year does nothing for me. It's a shame 2D Zelda is a remake. A new one would have made it a great year.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Waaaaay better than 2018, and even rivals 2017. I only wish it was a bit more spread out so that the first half had more (like if Fire Emblem was in April that would've made a big difference in evening things out). NSMBUDX, Yoshi, and Mario Maker 2 for the first half isn't great, since that leaves three of the six months to just third party releases.

But the overall lineup is fantastic.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Oh, and I was totally expecting Joker gameplay for Smash with a Persona 5 port trailer/release date. Kinda bummed it wasn't there.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing - those are must-buys.

I need to try the demo for Yoshi too. It's a good year.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay. Better than last year for sure. But the first 5 - 6 months of the year being fairly barren is super disappointing. Back half does look packed and has a bit for everyone. Astral Chain and Fire Emblem are the highlights for me. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 might be a purchase. And maybe Daemon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokemon depending on how they look.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think about how good this lineup is already, and then think about the fact that there are things coming that we don't know about