• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think of the PS5 Design now?

• Absolutely Beautiful

Votes: 398 17.1%
  • Nice & Thicc

Votes: 427 18.4%
  • Not a fan

Votes: 1,496 64.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's horrible and tacky. It's an 'Assassin's Creed' style hoody, or a 'gamer chair' in console form.

Day 1 on the inevitable PS5 Slim (in black).

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I guess they were going for sleek and modern, but it just screams gamer gear to me. Not a fan at all.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Still hate it unfortunately. That little fly through they did on the last showcase made it look cheap as well as ugly.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
It's over 15" tall and 10" deep. That's almost 1/4 of my desk space. So no, it's not grown on me.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
I wouldn't mind the design if the system itself weren't so massive. Original 360 size is probably the largest I would be okay with

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I still think it looks good. I'd prefer it if both manufacturers just went for something simple like the One S but obviously there's been a lot of consideration necessary for heat dispersion. However in terms of design I much prefer it to the PS4.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Two positive options and one pretty much neutral?

Results show you needed a "freakshow abomination of industrial design", fourth option.

xantiriad

Jun 20, 2020
I still want to know what ports are on the back (PSVR angst!). They were briefly shown on Thursday's event but it was hard to make out. Not seen anyone lift a clear enough image yet.

The looks I am fine with.

Headman Rum

Oct 28, 2017
I've preordered the disk version, but if I'm being honest I can't say I'm a massive fan of the design. The digital version looks a lot better, but even so I'd like it if that was slightly smaller

Oct 27, 2017
It's ugly as sin. I just hope there will be some interchangeable faceplates so I can make it fully black and not this black and white nightmare of a console.
What makes it worse it's the shape, because the Xbox one series S looks fine to me.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Now that we've lived with the design of PS5 for a little while now, I'm curious to see whether people have warmed to it a bit more given the mostly negative reaction to it when it was revealed.

Personally I find it a much more interesting design compared to the Xbox Series X, and reminds me a little of the original Xbox 360.

Only looks nice when it's standing up imo. Unflatteringly weird (in that I can't tell if I find it ugly tacky or ugly cute) when it's flat down. ...But it's growing on me. But what a step down from the PS4. Sheesh. Love the controllers though.

I do prefer it over the Xbox Series X. I think the X is so blah and ugly-looking. Looks like an old stereo box that I'd want to hide away.

The Xbox S is lovely though. 👌My kind of aesthetic.

A friend of mine had the same sentiments re: the PS5 looking like the 360! Maybe that's why I like it haha.

Edir: Oh wait! The Xbox Series S is just a block too! O well. At least my ACNH Switch is cute.

Last edited:

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
Don't like it. I would have prefered a design closer to the PS4 Slim, but in white.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
i think this is a bold design, quite like it, but this is also a design that will never fit in my home decoration style or even in my AV cabinet unless completely hidden (which is almost impossible due to its massive size and shape)

I've got the exact opposite feeling about the XsX : the design is bland and unattractive, but I could perfectly put it anywhere, even visible, and forget it even exists because its design purpose is to blend in in any interior and not be the center of attention.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
Why are there two positive poll choices and one negative? The "nice and thicc" should be changed to a neutral choice.

Also, I think it's ugly. It's extremely lopsided and needs a stand to even lay horizontally. All the Sony stability updates in the world won't stop this thing from wobbling/tipping over.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
The design is tolerable if you have the one with the disc drive and place it horizontally.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
i think there's a reason why Sony haven't done tear downs or shown the console in the wild prior to launch....they are probably well aware its quite a divisive design. I think it looks better when placed horizontal but overall it just doesn't do it for me. But at the end of the day, when people get their console it wont really matter that much

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it has grown on me but still nothing compares to the beauty that was the OG PS4.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have one pre-ordered but I'm still not 100% sold on it at launch. We'll see as the date gets closer. That being said, I've always and still do hate the look.

Oct 25, 2017
I like both next gen console designs, PS5DE objectively better than PS5 though. But I don't like the scale of either.
I'd like both designs scaled down.

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
It's okay, and I have to respect the boldness but I'll also be excited for a redesign as a chance to reign it in a bit

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Eh, not a fan. It's gonna look really out of place in my living room.
It's not a dealbreaker or anything though.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
I actually don't mind the shape, though the glossy white with the blue looks a bit gaudy imo.

So.

ps5-black_6103407.jpg

GIMME THE BLACK EDITION